Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642150 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:46am On May 19, 2021
Pm me

Mcilfero:
Hello Nairaland, I will have my interview at Abuja soon please I need info on any cheap hotel that's close to the embassy or probably any better suggestion on accommodation available. The ones I am seeing on google no be for here oo (84k per night). Please help a fellow Nairalander
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 9:14am On May 19, 2021
Nope... If your refusal date is and beyond 2 months, then you can apply as a regular.

You don’t necessarily have to wait for 6 months before reapplying as a regular. You can apply as a regular if your refusal is 2 months and above.

Malone122:
if the refusal is more than six months it’s meant to be left as “regular”
So I believe you are correct

It’s only if you have been refused within the last two months of applying you pick “preciously refused”…
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 9:21am On May 19, 2021
Am also filling DS 160 but I am a little bit confused I don't have national ID card can I click do not apply, another thing is date of departure my program is ending in may 7 2025 which date can I put as date of departure
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shoyinka35(m): 9:32am On May 19, 2021
Good day everyone. How much is the cheapest hotel closer to the embassy in Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeoNwa: 9:43am On May 19, 2021
@fairheart please how can I contact you. My email address is leonwadike7@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by melvin4gups: 9:56am On May 19, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,
Please i want to be clear about this part of filling the DS 160 form.
I have been denied in 2019, and now I see a part of the form asking if one has been refused a US visa, or refused admission into the united states, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

is it ok to say tick YES with the reason i have stated there in?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:02am On May 19, 2021
The answer is Yes. A simple response- 'I applied on ..... for a US Student Visa and was interviewed on..... and was denied a visa by the visa officer'.
melvin4gups:
Hello Nairalanders,
Please i want to be clear about this part of filling the DS 160 form.
I have been denied in 2019, and now I see a part of the form asking if one has been refused a US visa, or refused admission into the united states, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

is it ok to say tick YES with the reason i have stated there in?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:06am On May 19, 2021
Yeah does not apply is correct. Date of Departure? Please send a screenshot
Prosnelson:
Am also filling DS 160 but I am a little bit confused I don't have national ID card can I click do not apply, another thing is date of departure my program is ending in may 7 2025 which date can I put as date of departure

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nelmc: 10:22am On May 19, 2021
Mcilfero:
Hello Nairaland, I have an interview at Abuja soon please I need info on any cheap hotel that's close to the embassy or probably any better suggestion on accommodation available. The ones I am seeing on google no be for here oo (84k per night). Please help a fellow Nairalander

Lol. I advise you go with Optima Hotel. 8k for first night and 7k for subsequent nights. The embassy is just a 10 minutes walk from the hotel and the light is good as well.

Cons: old structures (but maximum comfort). I’d 100% advise you go with this.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 10:57am On May 19, 2021
U mean the DS 160 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 10:58am On May 19, 2021
KemLaughs:
Yeah does not apply is correct. Date of Departure? Please send a screenshot
You mean the DS 160 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 11:01am On May 19, 2021
Good morning all.Please I need help with MBA. Schools in US (fully funded and less competitive). Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 11:02am On May 19, 2021
I also have another question to ask, there is a column for employment status like what you do for a living , am not employed at the moment can I click not employed will it affect my chances of visa approval or should I look for one business Name and give them and tell them that I do biz?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Candboy: 11:28am On May 19, 2021
Prosnelson:
I also have another question to ask, there is a column for employment status like what you do for a living , am not employed at the moment can I click not employed will it affect my chances of visa approval or should I look for one business Name and give them and tell them that I do biz?
my friend, if u are a recent graduate, that wont be a problem. But if u have graduated for long, ill suggest you dont put unemployed o, it simply shows u want to japa. my 2 cent though.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 11:29am On May 19, 2021
Prosnelson:

It looks like you are filling the part where it’s asking if you made concrete plans and you answered yes, that’s the only place you could be asked for date of arrival and date of departure. If this is correct, you do not have to answer yes to that part.

Also about the employment, hope you would be able to defend yourself if you are asked for the proof of the business you want to claim?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:50am On May 19, 2021
Yeah
Prosnelson:

You mean the DS 160 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mayflowa(m): 11:56am On May 19, 2021
bamiDee1:
Hello my experienced people.

Please I need help ASAP.

I applied for Engineering Physics program and SEVIS placed it as "Physics" on my I-20 letter.
A) Should I put it as it is "Physics" on my DS-160 form and then explain to the VO that I'll specialize in Engineering Physics?
Or otherwise

Meanwhile, the school told me this when I asked for a change:

It cannot be changed. They do not know why SEVIS made it that way. The CIP code for Engineering Physics is 40.0801 which is also considered to be "Physics, General"
*This is the information that must be in SEVIS. For some reason, SEVIS considers 40.0801 to be "Physics, General." It is okay that the name does not exactly match up with the name of your program because the CIP code matches. It is correct and cannot be changed to anything else*.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

You can filled out Engineering Physics but take your admission letter along that you can present if there is further questioning. You already have the answer. Physics and Engineering Physics share same CIP codes. That is why Physics was choosen by the administrator

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 12:21pm On May 19, 2021
hello,

Can i book for Visa appointment (after receiving I-20 from my school) before paying for SEVIS fee?

please respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shadomaan7: 12:31pm On May 19, 2021
customised87:

Yes, you can. Just make sure you update the correct application ID on your profile latest by 3 days before your interview appointment date.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lilfrancis100(m): 12:37pm On May 19, 2021
I need your advice please. The duration of my my program as written on my i20 is from August 16 2021 to May 30, 2026. While filling DS-160 form, I wrote the duration to be 5 years instead instead of 4 years, 9 months. Hope this won't be an issue. I am yet to submit my Ds160

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 19, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebelemercy: 1:38pm On May 19, 2021
Good day everyone, pls I am new here I was introduced to this platform by a someone who responded to my question on FB. Please, I have an interview (f1) in Lagos next month would like to go through the transcripts to enable me to get prepared. I would appreciate it more if someone will be kind enough to forward the transcripts to my email: mercynwaizu@gmail.com. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:39pm On May 19, 2021
lilfrancis100:
I need your advice please. The duration of my my program as written on my i20 is from August 16 2021 to May 30, 2026. While filling DS-160 form, I wrote the duration to be 5 years instead instead of 4 years, 9 months. Hope this won't be an issue. I am yet to submit my Ds160

Why do we like making things seems hard for ourselves? Like boss, you can actually see in same section where you can select the same study duration in MONTHS. I mean, instead of 5yrs 9months why not just convert all to months and fill in the no of months.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 2:15pm On May 19, 2021
customised87:

It looks like you are filling the part where it’s asking if you made concrete plans and you answered yes, that’s the only place you could be asked for date of arrival and date of departure. If this is correct, you do not have to answer yes to that part.

Also about the employment, hope you would be able to defend yourself if you are asked for the proof of the business you want to claim?
Yes it is that part
About the employment I want to state that I do online business cos I know that they may ask for proof.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 2:17pm On May 19, 2021
Candboy:
my friend, if u are a recent graduate, that wont be a problem. But if u have graduated for long, ill suggest you dont put unemployed o, it simply shows u want to japa. my 2 cent though.
That is the area I am looking at cos it has been long...... I graduated they might see me as someone that is unproductive.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samuelpeters(m): 3:14pm On May 19, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
samuelozokoye@gmail.com.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by blessedtee: 3:57pm On May 19, 2021
Hello, trust your study is going on well overthere. Please I tried sending you an email but Im not sure it went through. I need some inform from you about MPH at @University of New Haven. I would appreciate if you could reach out. My email address is blessedtolulope@gmail.com. Thank you
Motiqueen:
12th January, 2021
Good evening all,

I am glad today, my interview at Abuja went so well and it was God, I must say.

I was the 4th to be interviewed this morning and the 1st to be granted a visa, the three guys before me were rejected.

School is University of New Haven, Connecticut.
I had little funding and deficit of $26k
Course: Masters of Public health

The VO(only VO for today) had an assistant with him, guess the guy was on training or so, cos he had the approval and denial papers with him in a file, both of them were standing (or do the VOs usually stand?) the VO collects from him to dish out. You hear him converse slightly with the assistant after each applicant leave before he calls on the next applicant, so that's why I presume he was on training as a VO too.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning to you

VO: can I have your documents (passport and i-20)
Me: sure you can, here you have it(I passed to him)

VO: what's your course?
Me: Masters of Public health

VO:Do you know anyone in Connecticut?
Me: No, I don't.

VO: So where will you be staying
Me: in the school hostel, I already booked a space( I haven't booked any space ooo, just replied with that)

VO: I can see you have a deficit to be paid by a family member, so who is paying?
Me: My dad actually

VO: So what does he do?
Me: He owns one of the biggest hotels in Lagos, he cuts me short and asks for the name, I replied, then he asks for his bank statement and I showed him. Flips to the second page only, showing his assistant, then returns to me.

VO: what else does he do?
Me: He is into the transportation industry, his fleet of cars and buses run about 17 states currently in Nigeria and hoping to expand to more as demand permits

VO: So how long has he been in the hotel business
Me: about 15-16 years

VO: So he just added the transport to it
Me: Yes

VO: How about your mom, what does she do?
Me: She is a caterer

VO: What type of catering?
Me: indoor and outdoor catering, for both social and corporate events, she also runs staff canteens for companies and she's been in the field for 35years

VO: Wow! That's fine, so do you have siblings?
Me: Yes, 2 sisters and 2 brothers

VO: What do they do?
Me: my older sister works with my dad in his hotel, my younger sis is a fashion designer and a student, my younger brother is a hair stylist and a student, my last brother is a photographer and a student.

VO: Oh! That's good, what secondary school did you attend?
Me: I mentioned and added location

VO:You live in Lagos
Me: Yes, between the boundary of Lagos and Ogun state.

VO: So why did you come to Abuja for interview
Me: my school's resumption date is actually fast approaching and Abuja had earlier appointment dates than Lagos.

VO: oh! That's true, so have you travelled out of the country before?
Me: No, he tried to cajole me like, you know people just travel for maybe vacation to Dubai and that's just it.... So I replied by saying, I have actually been about school and work basically so I haven't even had the time to plan any trip, be it vacation or any.

VO: He kept nodding with his assistant, that one just had the file held like a statue and was smiling. So how did you find out about the school?
Me: When I concluded on having my masters degree, I did an extensive search on Google for schools that offer pub, VO cuts in and completes the rest for me and I said yes.

VO: OK, that's fine, do you have a room mate
Me: I don't know, the school didn't tell me any of such(room that I didn't even book at all)

VO: OK, I want to approve your visa, collects the white paper for approval from his assistant and slides it under the Window with my i-20 and says I can pick up at my preferred pick up point.

Me: thank you very much, I'm honoured.
VO: don't mention, you are welcome (he smiled at me with his assistant, while I dropped my papers in my file and left his window)

That was simply how my interview went, guess this VO is more about home ties cos he hardly asked questions about school even from the first 3 applicants before me.

Thank you everyone for the transcripts you have been dropping so far, to everyone still hopeful for an approval, God in his infinite mercies will make your day of joy to come. You won't come this far and not have a testimony.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OutOfTheAshes(m): 4:03pm On May 19, 2021
My sponsor in America sent me only his current financial statement and a letter of sponsorship. Are these documents ok for the visa interview? Please I need urgent response. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 4:17pm On May 19, 2021
godguy:
hello,

Can i book for Visa appointment (after receiving I-20 from my school) before paying for SEVIS fee?

please respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 4:55pm On May 19, 2021
godguy:

please respond

Yes, you can book visa appointment if you have your i20 and a submitted ds160 form with the reference code. Your sevis ID and ds160 form will be required in booking your appointment. Make sure your sevis is paid more than 3days to your appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 5:20pm On May 19, 2021
godguy:

please respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 19, 2021
TEMIT0PE:
You cannot book an appointment without paying SEVIS fee.
However, you can book an appointment without submitting your DS-160.

wrong you can book an appointment without paying sevis fee
It’s only if you want to request for emergency you need the sevis

You can even Pay sevis 3 days before the interview nothing less

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.