Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools (29873 Views)

Man Finally Graduates After Spending 12 Years In University / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years / Primary 4 To 6 Entrance Exam Lesson Into Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

You're asking the same question I asked, what's q genuine reason for denying a kid of that age education?

Your last statement isn't logical. I do not have the entire information so I should stop asking questions? Isn't the fact that I do not have the entire information enough reasons to ask more question?

Your assertion is simply stupid. Uyo High School where this cultism issue led to this law is presently closed till further notice, I have a ward in that school, I had to take the child there from another state because parent asked me to help do that and every Friday, I get called by Teachers to send a driver to go pick her up and the story is the same every week.

The school fee is free. The school uniform, entire kits cost 3,500. So I am impressed, because there are adults in that school who actually are bullying younger students. Most of them from neighboring states.

So, stop sounding conviction on issues you are ignorant of.

Any parent, who is qualified to be called parent should prepare their under age child to be in Secondary School by 12, if the child is older, than 12, explain the reason the child stayed home beyond 12, because it is Free and Compulsory Education in Ibom Kingdom.

So, shut the fucck up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by ubee(m): 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2021
What? There are various situations that can keep a child away from skool. What of a child suffering a debilitating medical condition? What of a child in abject poverty living in the interior villages whose parents and guardians don't recognize the value of education and hold the child back to sell stuff to get money to feed?
Billyonaire666:

There must be a very genuine reason to keep a child away from enrolling in Secondary School when the State Government is paying the fees for them, and subsidizing on school uniforms?

You do not have the entire information, so stop.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 09, 2021
ubee:
What? There are various situations that can keep a child away from skool. What of a child suffering a debilitating medical condition? What of a child in abject poverty living in the interior villages whose parents and guardians don't recognize the value of education and hold the child back to sell stuff to get money to feed?

Primary and Secondary Education is FREE and COMPULSORY in Ibom Kingdom, from the time of Akpabio till now. Even kids from neighbouring States are allowed to school FREE. School Uniforms are subsidized.

If the child had medical issues, then fine, then explain to the Authorities and sign undertaking of good behavior.

Do not forget that there is punishment for parents who keep kids from attending school in that State.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by WoundedLamb: 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Your assertion is simply stupid. Uyo High School where this cultism issue led to this law is presently closed till further notice, I have a ward in that school, I had to take the child there from another state because parent asked me to help do that and every Friday, I get called by Teachers to send a driver to go pick her up and the story is the same every week.

The school fee is free. The school uniform, entire kits cost 3,500. So I am impressed, because there are adults in that school who actually are bullying younger students. Most of them from neighboring states.

Any parent, who is qualified to be called parent should prepare their under age child to be in Secondary School by 12, if the child is older, than 12, explain the reason the child stayed home beyond 12, because it is Free and Compulsory Education in Ibom Kingdom.

So, shut the fucck up.

Lol... for a moment, I thought I was engaging a civilized individual.

Enjoy your day sir!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Lol... for a moment, I thought I was engaging a civilized individual.

Enjoy your day sir!

No, I am not civilized, I am simply descending to the level of the pig who had no complete data before chanting hullabaloo.

The Law Stays. You minions expect lawlessness everywhere so you can become criminals and infect the society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by nams77: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

IT'S just highly critical
I don't understand. Kindly explain
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by teamoneline: 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
Duru9:

Proffer solution in please

Set up secret security outfits that will blend into the cult system just like cia (you can train boys brigade/scout for this) and be exposing the cult group members and their activities to police secretly. The same formula should be applied in universities. And strict laws that can't be changed with pleas should be in place if not it would be a waste.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by INCREDIBLE007(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
nams77:
I don't understand. Kindly explain
IT'S pathetic

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by oodua1stson: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Just 12 years? I'm sure I missed something. Someone should please educate me. Is it that one could be too old to be educated now? Are there clearly stated conditions for exception? I'd like to know what those are cause there are a hundred and one reasons for which a kid could still be in primary school at that age. And what becomes the fate of the so-called over-aged students? Should we pollute the street to protect the school? I could be wrong but I honestly don't see how this is great idea. I think the government is overwhelmed and ideas aren't forthcoming.

Thanks for your replies though I respectfully disagree with your stance. I read every single letter, guys. I also saw the phrase "with a genuine reason" which you conveniently missed. So you're satisfied with that? To you, that's sufficient to pass a bill? May I ask you what constitutes a "genuine reason"? What reason is not genuine? What are the conditions for exception? What would make you look at a 13 year-old kid and say "no, you can't school again"? Or is it that when the time comes, we'll subjectively decide what reasons are genuine? And what exactly is the implication of the undertaking? When their kids join any secret society 5 years later, you'd arrest them for vouching for them at the age of 13? So those without "genuine reasons" are thrown into the streets just because of the possibility that they might join secret societies in future? In other words, you'd be punishing them for life for the offense they MIGHT commit? Does that sound logical to you? And what happens to the streets? It's okey if the streets are littered with cultists provided the schools are safe?

Let's learn to have an end-to-end view of proposed solutions before implementing them cause the devil is in the details. People don't ask for details and that's why politicians make vague promises and get voted in. It's even sadder when those that ask for details are attacked/shut down.

may God bless you for this reply. This is exactly what I wanted to say. Like if a parent signs an undertaking he/she gets punished for the child's misbehaviour? Like these politicians are just daft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Akharmony: 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2021
shame that is not the best solution to curb or erradicate cultism. The left over not given admissions will they serve in churches or government houses ??The present govenment under the watch of Udom Emmanuel should try and fix the Education sector in the state. 2014 i had my youth service in one of the town in Uyo, Etinan local govt. the state and condition of schools in that communty is very poor, delapitated strctures,hooliganism,cultism among male and female pupils etc are common factors that need to b address.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by GoodMuyis(m): 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2021
superlanny:
It's an unfortunate situation, cultism in secondary schools, that shows how rotten the system is, our leaders have failed miserably.
This is parenting failure
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Sterope(f): 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
What constitute 'genuine reasons'? Do you understand what it means to leave room for such ambiguity? It will be abused!

There isn't a justifiable reason to discriminate because of age especially at such a young age. Cultism is a symptom of a failed society. The government cannot penalise the parents or a poor child for this failure.

Are we going to pretend we don't understand why a child in Nigeria might start secondary school later than the recommended age?

Akwa Ibom law makers are very thick in the head, another symptoom of a failed society.

Billyonaire666:

No, I am not civilized, I am simply descending to the level of the pig who had no complete data before chanting hullabaloo.

The Law Stays. You minions expect lawlessness everywhere so you can become criminals and infect the society.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by bigstan11787(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2021
Creating more problem for existing problems will not solve the problem.

Some of these our leaders are crazy without an apology
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by dettolgel: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
I thought this man is educated?

Every child has the right to education and putting a caveat or any form of restriction to access to education is the same thing as denying children the right to education.

Why are we cursed with idiot leaders?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by StudentsNG: 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
I'm not sure which school of public policy you attended, but men you know your onion. Good questions and points!
Our problem in this country is empowering unqualified persons to do the job. There has to be a place of cross-functional dialogue and consultation before policies are implemented, people like you should lead such discussions. Salute!

WoundedLamb:
Just 12 years? I'm sure I missed something. Someone should please educate me. Is it that one could be too old to be educated now? Are there clearly stated conditions for exception? I'd like to know what those are cause there are a hundred and one reasons for which a kid could still be in primary school at that age. And what becomes the fate of the so-called over-aged students? Should we pollute the street to protect the school? I could be wrong but I honestly don't see how this is great idea. I think the government is overwhelmed and ideas aren't forthcoming.

Thanks for your replies though I respectfully disagree with your stance. I read every single letter, guys. I also saw the phrase "with a genuine reason" which you conveniently missed. So you're satisfied with that? To you, that's sufficient to pass a bill? May I ask you what constitutes a "genuine reason"? What reason is not genuine? What are the conditions for exception? What would make you look at a 13 year-old kid and say "no, you can't school again"? Or is it that when the time comes, we'll subjectively decide what reasons are genuine? And what exactly is the implication of the undertaking? When their kids join any secret society 5 years later, you'd arrest them for vouching for them at the age of 13? So those without "genuine reasons" are thrown into the streets just because of the possibility that they might join secret societies in future? In other words, you'd be punishing them for life for the offense they MIGHT commit? Does that sound logical to you? And what happens to the streets? It's okey if the streets are littered with cultists provided the schools are safe?

Let's learn to have an end-to-end view of proposed solutions before implementing them cause the devil is in the details. People don't ask for details and that's why politicians make vague promises and get voted in. It's even sadder when those that ask for details are attacked/shut down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by mrkings84(m): 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Abeg where are those my nothern people?
Pls what did u say is the real meaning of Boko Haram
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Idamond: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2021
mytime24:
Is yhat how to comb cultism undecided

So an innocent student above 12years Wil now drop out, just because of one yeye zoo law
:-) just try read till end before u comment
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
Sterope:
What constitute 'genuine reasons'? Do you understand what it means to leave room for such ambiguity? It will be abused!

There isn't a justifiable reason to discriminate because of age especially at such a young age. Cultism is a symptom of a failed society. The government cannot penalise the parents or a poor child for this failure.

Are we going to pretend we don't understand why a child in Nigeria might start secondary school later than the recommended age?

Akwa Ibom law makers are very thick in the head, another symptoom of a failed society.

The Law stays. Education from Primary to Secondary is FREE and COMPULSORY at Ibom Kingdom. Kids found wandering during school hours are, by an initial by-law were supposed to be taken to their parents, and their parents arrested for not getting the kids to be in school.

So, if you have any serious reason that you would not let your kids be in school, it means you are highly irresponsible and should not be at Ibom Kingdom.

It is failed parenting that made Akwa Ibom people house boys and house girls and known for cheap labor. Now Education is free and compulsory and uniforms subsidized, so there is no reason to remain an illiterate.

As for you OP, if you are ignorant of ills of illiteracy, then I feel for you, and I strong suggest you be forcefully educated on why you must understand that there is no freedom to be an illiterate.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by ChikezieU(m): 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

cool analysis and response as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by INCREDIBLE007(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2021
I wonder if anyone noticed how

serious Chinese students are

the bar needs to be raised in terms of cut off marks and scores for

(1) primary
(2) secondary
.&
(3) tertiary

respectively

where are the students getting time to venture into unsociable vices and the likes

our curriculum needs to be rejig as well

we need STEM education added to curricula's in primary, secondary & tertiary levels

lord have mercy.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Boyooosa(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Klington: 8:32pm On Jul 09, 2021
CharisEleos:

For primary Level? Abegiii.. those people can do somehow sometimes.

Why would a parents be looking at a child until he's so old before sending him/her to school?

Maybe you need to take some time out and see a staggering number of children of that age bracket hawking or doing some menial jobs to support their parents when they are supposed to be in school.
Some families could barely feed, not to talk about sending their kids to school until they are capable.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Boyooosa(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2021
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by slimhomiequan(m): 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2021
Where we grew up, 11 years boy na pilot.

Let the devil that lead you, guide you

No be by age..
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by ubee(m): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2021
When you and your ilk see folk with constructive and irrefutable points to buttress their point of view, you result to insults to make yourself feel good.
The poster is simply stating that the move doesn't make sense at all. Whether they gave conditions or not, it does not matter because rational minded people will wonder what their state government was thinking to come up with that new requirement in schools.
Countless kids will be thirteen or above entering school across the country with various reasons for coming in a bit late, what does the state government want to hear? What will they judge as valid reason before allowing the kids be admitted?
Our leaders show a lot of mediocrity with the way they think sometimes, and right thinking people naturally will be worried.
Billyonaire666:

So, shut the fucck up.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by GoldHorse(m): 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
Another senseless and stewpid "solution" from our politicians.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2021
Klington:

Maybe you need to take some time out and see a staggering number of children of that age bracket hawking or doing some menial jobs to support their parents when they are supposed to be in school.
Some families could barely feed, not to talk about sending their kids to school until they are capable.

Did you say capable?
Do they need any capability to send their children to govt schools? I mean there are so many govt schools around they can start with.
They can also still hawk their wares after school. So they have no excuse not to let those children start school in time. Its just a mentality thing.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 09, 2021
I got into sec school aged 12
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by estheI(f): 11:24pm On Jul 09, 2021
Billyonaire666:

So, shut the fucck up.
don't engage that ignorant fellow.
Learn to ignore fools
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Mftivi: 4:58am On Jul 10, 2021
AffBornTwins:

To me its seems you're practising your new learnt English
Sorry
You got the wrong person
Aponu
your brain is too slow, it can only process one word every minute that's why you have your sentences structured this way.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Gval123: 7:10am On Jul 10, 2021
Our right and liberty is been threatened in this country daily. So you want a parent to be liable for any action of his/her child , just because they choose to send their kids to school. There's no genuine reason, why a parent should sign an undertaking just because they want their child to be educated. If the pikin do anything, hold am accountable. some kids are below 12 in this Benin city, but their evil pass adult own. anybody can and should go to school at any age, without anybody signing any undertaking for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Private School Teachers, How Have You Guys Been Coping? / Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities / Students Banned From Wearing Earphones In UNIBEN Following Death Of Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.