Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools (29874 Views)

Man Finally Graduates After Spending 12 Years In University / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years / Primary 4 To 6 Entrance Exam Lesson Into Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Serveyouright(m): 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2021
Politicians are the chief maker of cultism in the state and they should be banish from the state not kids who is following their foot step.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Oasisi: 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
mytime24:
Is yhat how to comb cultism undecided

So an innocent student above 12years
Wil now drop out, just because of one yeye zoo law

Did you read the details of the news or you just read the headline and start making comment.
When will you people grow from laziness of reading
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by TheWolfen(m): 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
OGA you see the situations in that state. That was a problem and they provide a solution to it. There should be special schools for student above 12 thus their activities is properly monitor

WoundedLamb:
Just 12 years? I'm sure I missed something. Someone should please educate me. Is it that one could be too old to be educated now? Are there clearly stated conditions for exception? I'd like to know what those are cause there are a hundred and one reasons for which a kid could still be in primary school at that age. And what becomes the fate of the so-called over-aged students? Should we pollute the street to protect the school? I could be wrong but I honestly don't see how this is great idea. I think the government is overwhelmed and ideas aren't forthcoming.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Queenserah26(f): 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
Really shocked
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
Klington:
Did they consider other factors such as strikes and economic hardship that could cause delay for the parents as well.

For primary Level? Abegiii.. those people can do somehow sometimes.

Why would a parents be looking at a child until he's so old before sending him/her to school?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Prechy08(m): 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Just 12 years? I'm sure I missed something. Someone should please educate me. Is it that one could be too old to be educated now? Are there clearly stated conditions for exception? I'd like to know what those are cause there are a hundred and one reasons for which a kid could still be in primary school at that age. And what becomes the fate of the so-called over-aged students? Should we pollute the street to protect the school? I could be wrong but I honestly don't see how this is great idea. I think the government is overwhelmed and ideas aren't forthcoming.

How about this part?

"However, any student above this age with a genuine reason will have their parents sign an undertaking of good behaviour before their admission,” he said.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
That's not the solution.

People can operate a cultic society without being in school.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Guide777(m): 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
What a thoughtless decision.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by fredodo007(m): 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
Abo oloribiruku ni awon leaders was wonyi ni ..... I seize to believe it's true though

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
Akwaibom in investment and structures we know,but in education and employment we don't know.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Ayo2004: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2021
Na to start to dey use football age grin
Every leader in the country is just stupid
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by beaversticks(m): 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2021
Seems this guy's hold contest for most dumb governor...

So overage that wants to go to school sincerely can't...

Are you not suppose to nip it in the bud... Which one is age again... Come to ikotun... Nine and ten year old will harass u your leg no go touch ground
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Ashirioluwa: 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

What he meant is that when you above the age of 12 you will require your parents to sign an undertaking of good behavior. Nothing bad in what the said if this measure will check the rate of cult gangs in our schools.

Read his statement below

“However, any student above this age with a genuine reason will have their parents sign an undertaking of good behaviour before their admission,” he said.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Kobicove(m): 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Please suggest a better approach to tackle the menace!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2021
Oasisi:

Did you read the details of the news or you just read the headline and start making comment.
When will you people grow from laziness of reading

Prechy08:

How about this part?

"However, any student above this age with a genuine reason will have their parents sign an undertaking of good behaviour before their admission,” he said.

The part is still nonsense. It's gonna be a kind of trauma on the pupils - more of saying they would be on probation.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by martooski(m): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2021
PLS LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND

mytime24:
Is yhat how to comb cultism undecided

So an innocent student above 12years
Wil now drop out, just because of one yeye zoo law
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2021
Can someone explain how exactly how this move will curb cultism? Wtf.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Harrykn: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2021
If I was Mr Udom, I’ll order the Nigerian police pick and detain any nonsense kid going to school with pen/jack knives, arrest students who caught with vices during riots in schools, arrest those bastards that come to school with axe man shirts to intimidate teacher, Make sure each public school has internal security. Once your child is found guilty, no coming home.
Infact any kid called a student engaging in cultism should be given some head shots in front of the entire school students. That should keep some horrific memories in their brain. Nonsense.
Imagine js2 & 3 students beating up teachers and principal!!! Children wey no even write primary 6 on their own.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
martooski:
PLS LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND

What else is there to understand? Giving them admission on probation . 12-years-old students are no longer kids. They would see themselves as failures who are not wanted in their society. The inferiority complex is definitely going to have effects on most of them (the serious & mindful ones). I've had even 14yrs old pupils in upper classes when I was teaching & all they needed to keep going was encouragement.

I really feel for them cry
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by xpool(m): 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Babandia27: 3:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
Udom is working... grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Mogul750: 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
Na to use football age sure pass grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by lecowas: 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2021
People didn’t even read it fully before rushing here to comment
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
When i say our leaders dull na even understatement. You want to solve one problem buy creating another 100 new ones. So cultism accepted practice in the streets? What will happen to kids over aged for one reason or the other? Ohh yes they either falsify their documents or turn to street lords. I think the problem with our system is that those in power demand absolute worshipping from their subordinates hence the plenty special advisers attached to various public offices will not be able to air their individual views. In other words they're all Yes Men.. Because i can't believe they're all as dumb as the one they're supposed to advice.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Mode4: 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
wwwihy:
Dumbest and stupid policy ever...is there age barrier to Education?

Why are Ibomites sending their children to other parts of the country as maids? Why Akwa-Ibom State Government not educating her populace despite being the richest State in term of revenue allocation?

Shut up and learn to talk sense!. Na your papa and your entire family be housegirls. Unam Ikot!!
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by emmysolo2001(f): 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
certain people still forget that we are in Nigeria grin
It's now you'll know the true Nigeria we keep raising.
parents of children who are older than 12 will simply forge birth certificate... lol
if it can be done to get jobs or admission to universities talk less of secondary school.
Every system in Nigeria is corrupt the sooner you realize this the better.
Imagine a child sent to school to study doing cultism.
Misplaced priorities. We move
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Mftivi: 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2021
AffBornTwins:

You can come up with yours na?
Lets hear it
Awon oniranu
After they take him there they should come pick you up as well then subject you to brain stimulation therapy let's see if they can wake up your redundant brain cells but I honestly think they will just meet a brick wall.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by OlujobaSamuel: 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Thanks for your replies though I respectfully disagree with your stance. I read every single letter, guys. I also saw the phrase "with a genuine reason" which you conveniently missed. So you're satisfied with that? To you, that's sufficient to pass a bill? May I ask you what constitutes a "genuine reason"? What reason is not genuine? What are the conditions for exception? What would make you look at a 13 year-old kid and say "no, you can't school again"? Or is it that when the time comes, we'll subjectively decide what reasons are genuine? And what exactly is the implication of the undertaking? When their kids join any secret society 5 years later, you'd arrest them for vouching for them at the age of 13? So those without "genuine reasons" are thrown into the streets just because of the possibility that they might join secret societies in future? In other words, you'd be punishing them for life for the offense they MIGHT commit? Does that sound logical to you? And what happens to the streets? It's okey if the streets are littered with cultists provided the schools are safe?

Let's learn to have an end-to-end view of proposed solutions before implementing them cause the devil is in the details. People don't ask for details and that's why politicians make vague promises and get voted in. It's even sadder when those that ask for details are attacked/shut down.

Lol, no mind them, very soon, those sent to the street will become bandits and starts kidnapping those in sch, then same govt will either close the schools or pay the bandits after withdrawing their own kids from the school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Panda7(m): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://gazettengr.com/akwa-ibom-bans-pupils-older-than-12-years-from-admission-into-secondary-schools/

the government should have a database system where it stores all it student names, this way it is easier to trace student info who are involved in violence. this too will help in monitoring their development
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by perdollar(m): 4:15pm On Jul 09, 2021
The meaning of the topic no clear for my head. Above 12yo no secondary school? We wey finish primary school at 15yo for no b anything today b dt. APC have killed our zoo
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Pupils Older Than 12 Years From Admission Into Secondary Schools by Gerobo78: 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
see below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Private School Teachers, How Have You Guys Been Coping? / Students Banned From Wearing Earphones In UNIBEN Following Death Of Student / Panic In Eleme As Parents Storm Schools Over Vaccination (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.