Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,807 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? (271 Views)

Husband Finds Out Wife Inflates Childs School Fees, Yet Child Not In School... / Our Childs Welfare..we Need Your Advice... / 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? by Promzy99: 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2021
"dis pikin, u no dey behave like me. No be like dis I do my own mama" a woman was shouting at her daughter. After I might have walked some distance past d woman nd her teenage daughter, I remebered also how my dad used same words at me while growing up. And nw I wnt ask dis question here, because I hv seen pastors whose sons are wayward, daughters prostitutes. I hv also seen a policeman whose son is a gangstar. My question is, does d character of a child dpend on parental UPBRINGing that is to say NURTURING or does d child NATURALLY assume d character of d parents by blood or NATURE?
Re: Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? by donbachi(m): 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2021
To me.i feel kids of today.learn more from examples.

There is dis saying in my place and it says "look how mama be, before u marry her daughter".

1 Like

Re: Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? by Gerrard59(m): 12:35am On Jul 10, 2021
Nurture is it.

A child born in Switzerland has more chances of being successful, well behaved and prosperous even if s/he has an IQ below 70 than his/her counterpart in Nigeria even if the IQ is above 150. The opportunities are not the same and certainly for the child in Nigeria to thrive, s/he has to move to Switzerland which is the home-ground of the Swiss child.

Interchange Switzerland for Lekki and Nigeria for Damaturu
Re: Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? by sisisioge: 6:23am On Jul 10, 2021
No one should even ask this....its nurture all the way even the bible confirms that its necessary to train your child if you want to rest someday.

No matter where or who bores a child, without delibrate grooming,the child stands at a disadvantage.

Gerrard59:
Nurture is it.

A child born in Switzerland has more chances of being successful, well behaved and prosperous even if s/he has an IQ below 70 than his/her counterpart in Nigeria even if the IQ is above 150. The opportunities are not the same and certainly for the child in Nigeria to thrive, s/he has to move to Switzerland which is the home-ground of the Swiss child.

Interchange Switzerland for Lekki and Nigeria for Damaturu

Your analogy isn't entirely true. These fortunate places still produce unfortunate kids, same for the unfortunate places too. But I agree with you that the chances are way higher in the better places.

2 Likes

Re: Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? by Promzy99: 8:47am On Jul 10, 2021
donbachi:
To me.i feel kids of today.learn more from examples.

There is dis saying in my place and it says "look how mama be, before u marry her daughter".
From ur example, u imply that a woman/man who is a thief, should exactly give birth 2 children who should be thieves also? but what if dey disciplined dia children nt to steal, wud it stil make any impact on d children?
Re: Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? by Promzy99: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2021
I wnt 2 believe dat dia shud be a strike in balance btwn nurturing nd nature. because like someone said, kids learn by examples. Ur environment which also affects ur nature, cn negatively affect a parent's nurturing effort. A pastor who is knwn to exhibit a godly attitude, in no doubt cn end up breeding an arm_robber or lesbian as a child despite all efforts.
Re: Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? by DonroxyII: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
Promzy99:
. My question is, does d character of a child dpend on parental UPBRINGing that is to say NURTURING or does d child NATURALLY assume d character of d parents by blood or NATURE?
Every children is genetically representative of the Host Parent's behaviours ... Depending on the Aspect of the Behaviour that's dominant in the child's DNA ....

As times goes on environment started shaping those behaviours and adaptation sets in except few .....

I believe all parents must nurture their children well and be ready to counter and conquer any odd behaviour in a child as it raises its head ....

Nonetheless, children learn faster by what they see ... New Cells copy the Parent Cell ....

Parent must lead by example ... Live exactly the way you want your children to live ....

If you are drinking beer , any child that take along that side may add weed join your beer ...while his own children can add kainkain join am ....

We all have work to do from generations to generations ...

You wonder why Present Day Africans is still in slavery to Present day Europeans as it was in the 18th century....... after more than 300 years ....

DNA na weyrey !!

1 Like

Re: Nature Or Nuture, Which Is The Most Reliable For Childs Upbringing? by Mindlog: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
Both as we are sums of our genetics and environment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Fintech Companies Are Sponsoring Bbnaija / Mini Flat / Reasons To Choose Tilt And Turn Windows In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.