Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June (14226 Views)

Over 163,000 Passengers Benefited From FG Transport Subsidy – Minister / Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month / Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by kushme: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Odobaone:
I have used the train over 5 times and I can tell you it's the best thing ever in Nigeria

How much for rugular and the VIP ?
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by hallowswit: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
oluztx:
Carrying afonjas up and down with zero productive capacity or any meaningful contribution to the economy or GDP. Waste of resources!

omo yigbo of the kportorkportor republic brainwashed by Biafra con man with flat head flat sense always believe they are better than other ethnic group.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by chukwunedum150(m): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2021
toxtimmy:
Lol... Till today you never call anyone when help your life directly honourable, non of your friends or family members when don standby you all of your life and years of hardship you have called honourable but Amaechi that you don't know you call honourable.... Lol

Now you see why I'm not your type?... Oh by the way I will continue to grow as it's a sign of progress... The truth is a broken clock like you is right at least twice a day so your advice for people to grow is good thing so I will not reject it.

you're not learned
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Bluntemperor: 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
ODJ124:
shocked

Amaechi is working, but fashola is a silent achiever..

Thread seen..

Please,help to draw Mr Fashola's attention to the Ikorodu-Shagamu Road that has been as Sluggish as snail and hope is not forgotten!
The rate of death on this terrible road is becoming an eyesore, especially the hill- side leading to Laspotec ( Lagos State Politechnic) as there is no month that tragic accidents do take place in that particular place- the valley between Sawmills- Laspotec,since many Trailers are piling this road from Moisimi Oil Depot to IKORODU,many of the Trailers always causes accidents in this location.
So what this place really need is a Bridge like that of Mile-12.( Up and Down Bridge)!
Hon Minister,hasten this road for God's sake!
Governor Sanwo-Olu,please,help the people here.We have been seeing your good hand in Ikorodu, please do more.
God bless you
God bless Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Ovamboland(m): 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
SadiqBabaSani:
Why need spare parts if d originally purchased loco was of a good quality?

After 5 years of operations, the trains don't need spare parts replacement? You know this for a fact or you're pulling it out of the air?
You mean brand new trucks and rolling stocks don't have parts expected to fail within 5 years?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Ovamboland(m): 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
Odobaone:
I have used the train over 5 times and I can tell you it's the best thing ever in Nigeria

Where is the Dubai like Metro or even locomotive train built and running since 1999-2015 when Nigeria was earning big income and well run with competent hands.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Solatium(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2021
oluztx:
Carrying afonjas up and down with zero productive capacity or any meaningful contribution to the economy or GDP. Waste of resources!

No sane business person will go and invest billion of dollars in a dry Land,so your assertion is wrong.
This is where the dough is,42k rider's in a month no be mọimọi

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
[[s]quote author=Fahdiga post=103552927]What a stale lie from the pregnant man [/s]

Enemy of progress no wonder nothing forthcoming to your region.

It is a lie. 42,000 for 30 days is an average of 21,000 per route and 700 passengers per day per route. This calculation is based on the spread of Operation expenditure on both routes (Lagos - Ibadan and Ibadan - Lagos ).
700 passengers per day at the beginning with probability of patronage reducing after initial excitement.

When Abuja - Kaduna train broke down in transit on June 28 , I asked nairaland and Nigerians what is happening to Lagos - Ibadan train as nobody heard any news from anybody about the performance. Nobody replied only for 42,000 figure to be fabricated.

https://www.nairaland.com/6624474/passengers-trapped-bush-abuja-kaduna-train/3#103165077

From the above link, Nigerians can see that I have demanded to know what is happening on this route earlier.
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Ovamboland(m): 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2021
FrancisDiote:
Did Ameachi realize that a train running from SEast to Lagos will generate more income and patronage? He won't see that because the FG is sentimental about infrastructure in Nigeria

GEJ sat down for 6 years and did not know this and was releasing forex money to pastors and front men to buy private jets and Dubai mansion.

He didn't have the common sense to do something that will help the lives of his people. Now you want Fulani who is incompetent to come and do what intelligent and smart GEJ could not do with plenty money flowing everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by harmony75: 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2021
OK � please we want trains for all the states travels
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by LamidiCownu: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
babaolofin:

Which enemy of progress ? For saying the truth ? People have been asking questions about what is happening at the terminus without any answer. Those who visited the terminus have nothing to say. When Abuja - Kaduna started we have reports and pictures of crowds at the terminus. We also have various complaints for improvement of services. In the case of Lagos to Ibadan, nothing, only to come up with 42,000 fabricated figure.

Nairaland should create a thread for those who have travelled by the train since inception. I travelled weekly to Ibadan, I have not met anybody that shares his or her experience
Lmao..
I used the train in April and it was really a wonderful experience.
You should try it too

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Ovamboland(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
Image123:
The cost is worrisome though. We are joking with slavery to the Chinese, ask Sri Lanka. We are selling ourselves to China, they want to control our geopolitical space in some few decades.
"the government struggled to keep up with payments and sought to renegotiate the debt. In the end, Sri Lanka agreed to transfer majority control and operation of the entire facility, including the port and a 6,000-acre industrial park, to the state-owned China Merchants Port Holdings for 99 years, in return for a $1.1 billion cash infusion. It was an alarming development for India, China’s regional rival.

Hambantota became a prime example of what critics call the Chinese debt trap. Beijing loaned billions to a developing country, with the money ultimately going to Chinese state-owned companies for projects they built. When the country couldn’t pay, Beijing proved a stern lender, happy to repossess the assets.

Now China’s influence is becoming even more visible in Sri Lanka.
"

Our loans from china is far less than $4bn and we've been paying back what we owe while the railway is generating part of the loan.

$4bn is less than. $20 for each Nigerian and no foreign entity can take over anything in Nigeria as we have far more capacity to repay what it owes, we are not Sri Lanka.
I know many of you are not happy as what your useless PDP could not achieve anything with plenty earnings is being made possible with far less resources under APC. You can see your PDP governors jumping ship as they know the reality that PDP is gone

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Kzinne: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
oluztx:
the economy of Lagos alone is triple more than the economy of the entire south east

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by seguno2: 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
TripleOh7:
If Dubai can have Metro, then this locomotive is not an achievement please.

Is Dubai also the world capital of extreme poverty with the highest number of children who are out of school
Do smart people start from the basics or from the peripheral accessories?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Image123(m): 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ovamboland:

Our loans from china is far less than $4bn and we've been paying back what we owe while the railway is generating part of the loan.

$4bn is less than. $20 for each Nigerian and no foreign entity can take over anything in Nigeria as we have far more capacity to repay what it owes, we are not Sri Lanka.
I know many of you are not happy as what your useless PDP could not achieve anything with plenty earnings is being made possible with far less resources under APC. You can see your PDP governors jumping ship as they know the reality that PDP is gone

Stop being so myopic, you have been on the forum for so long. not everybody that has a contrary opinion is PDP or APC. There are millions of Nigerians that have no such interest or time. That does not mean that we do not have opinions on what goes on in our country. Sri Lanka borrowed much less than $4billion that you are bandying. Their port cost much less but they lost it to China when they were unable to pay.
Nigeria's debt to China has grown more than double in dollars since the past 5 years. Also, external debt in that period also grew from $10.6 billion to about $32 billion and still increasing. Another $22billion loan request is about to be approved or already approved according to the news. You are here talking about capacity to pay. So we should not caution you on reckless borrowings and agreements? Do you people think at all, or you believe your job is just to defend whatever policy and arrangements you are making. Learn from others who borrowed recklessly from China and what happened, don't repeat the same mistake. Use your brain, and stop this childish PDP/APC insults. You're both same, that's why it is easy for both to be in same boat in a jiffy.
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by afroniger: 4:19pm On Jul 10, 2021
babaolofin:

It is a lie. 42,000 for 30 days is an average of 21,000 per route and 700 passengers per day per route. This calculation is based on the spread of Operation expenditure on both routes (Lagos - Ibadan and Ibadan - Lagos ).
700 passengers per day at the beginning with probability of patronage reducing after initial excitement.

When Abuja - Kaduna train broke down in transit on June 28 , I asked nairaland and Nigerians what is happening to Lagos - Ibadan train as nobody heard any news from anybody about the performance. Nobody replied only for 42,000 figure to be fabricated.

https://www.nairaland.com/6624474/passengers-trapped-bush-abuja-kaduna-train/3#103165077

From the above link, Nigerians can see that I have demanded to know what is happening on this route earlier.

Baba, if you can't afford to take the train just say so. I have taken it 5 times in the past 1 month, from Lagos to Ibadan and back. I still used it this last Wednesday (left Lagos for Ibadan on the 8am train and rode it back to Lagos at 4pm same day). And at each time the number of passengers leaving Lagos on it were no less than 200.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
[s]
seguno2:

Is Dubai also the world capital of extreme poverty with the highest number of children who are out of school
Do smart people start from the basics or from the peripheral accessories?
[/s]
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by toxtimmy: 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
Haha... You are the king of dwarf minds... I no feel sorry for you though but will help you grow your mind whenever you are ready... I can help you more than what ameachi can help you with but you have to ask for it and show that you need it... I have given you 10 minutes of my precious time and you getting no more.

Think about this... You have discussed with me on here for at least 10 minutes but you have 0 minutes discuss with your honourable Ameachi so far... What this means is even if Amaechi is in front of you now the only thing you will say is something like this "give me some money sir"... But truth Ameachi only sees you as a church rat because you call him honorable.

chukwunedum150:
you're not learned
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by afroniger: 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2021
@babaolofin : Below are pictures I took during my Lagos to Ibadan train trip last Wednesday.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ovamboland:

GEJ sat down for 6 years and did not know this and was releasing forex money to pastors and front men to buy private jets and Dubai mansion.

He didn't have the common sense to do something that will help the lives of his people. Now you want Fulani who is incompetent to come and do what intelligent and smart GEJ could not do with plenty money flowing everywhere.
We are our own problem
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Odobaone: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
kushme:

How much for rugular and the VIP ?

Regular is 2k, Biz class #3500. VIP 5k

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2021
LamidiCownu:

Lmao..
I used the train in April and it was really a wonderful experience.
You should try it too

You used the train in April ? Nigeria is gone. It is either you are the PA to Amaechi or working for the presidency.

Buhari commissioned the train on June 9. NRC released timetable for the commencement of services on Tuesday June 15, 2021. As at this period, the transport fare was not released or known.

It was on June 13 on nairaland, after much enquiries that the fares for economy and VIP were released. It was on that thread on Nairaland and other social media that people got to know train services to Ibadan would commence on June 15 .

https://www.nairaland.com/6601610/nrc-releases-timetable-begins-lagos-ibadan/3#102694122

Now, you said you boarded the train to Ibadan in April. You are part of the government. That project is a deal, you are one of the beneficiaries of the open robbery.
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
Odobaone:

Did you paid when boarded or before cos am trying doing that next weekend
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by LamidiCownu: 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
babaolofin:

You used the train in April ? Nigeria is gone. It is either you are the PA to Amaechi or working for the presidency.

Buhari commissioned the train on June 9. NRC released timetable for the commencement of services on Tuesday June 15, 2021. As at this period, the transport fare was not released or known.

It was on June 13 on nairaland, after much enquiries that the fares for economy and VIP were released. It was on that thread on Nairaland and other social media that people got to know train services to Ibadan would commence on June 15 .

https://www.nairaland.com/6601610/nrc-releases-timetable-begins-lagos-ibadan/3#102694122

Now, you said you boarded the train to Ibadan in April. You are part of the government. That project is a deal, you are one of the beneficiaries of the open robbery.

Damn..You are so ignorant.
The train has been in use since last year. There was just a single trip or so in a day.

You can use Google if in doubt.

I'm not part of the government but things must be put in perspective.

On a second thought , I think you are here to deliberately misinform and distort the truth which isn't a very honourable thing to do. Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Ovamboland(m): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
Image123:

Stop being so myopic, you have been on the forum for so long. not everybody that has a contrary opinion is PDP or APC. There are millions of Nigerians that have no such interest or time. That does not mean that we do not have opinions on what goes on in our country. Sri Lanka borrowed much less than $4billion that you are bandying. Their port cost much less but they lost it to China when they were unable to pay.
Nigeria's debt to China has grown more than double in dollars since the past 5 years. Also, external debt in that period also grew from $10.6 billion to about $32 billion and still increasing. Another $22billion loan request is about to be approved or already approved according to the news. You are here talking about capacity to pay. So we should not caution you on reckless borrowings and agreements? Do you people think at all, or you believe your job is just to defend whatever policy and arrangements you are making. Learn from others who borrowed recklessly from China and what happened, don't repeat the same mistake. Use your brain, and stop this childish PDP/APC insults. You're both same, that's why it is easy for both to be in same boat in a jiffy.

You don't have the brain power to process the fact that Nigeria is not Sri Lanka. We are a $450bn economy, even China loan of $100bn cannot make China take over anything. We have too much assets we can unlock to pay back if need be. We have already paid back 30% of the loan for Abuja-Kaduna rail which will eventually connect to Lagos seaport and turn over even more freight traffic and returns. It will make cost of food transport cheaper and faster, it will make our exports more competitive on the world market. More industries can locate along rail routes with improved logistics. Internal tourism can be enhanced with ease of movement. All these will create more wealth and more jobs directly addressing the poverty and security problems.

Now we can't raise all the cash we need at once, just like many people can't pay for a new house cash down. They either rent and save for the next 10 years building from their savings or take a mortgage like abroad and start living in the house instead of paying rent for many years.

It is this possibility that you join politicians who couldn't fix a thing when they held power to condemn and criticize, using faux pas and scaremongering like China will take over, sovereign immunity etc. They know you will fall for such since critical thinking is not our strong forte.

All this is just to let you know the possibility you're fighting against thinking you are doing the lord's work.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Ovamboland(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
babaolofin:

When all you do is look for sad news and disaster happening in Nigeria, how will you not miss good news?

Lagos Ibadan train that people have been riding since January and buying tickets at old train yard while work was going on at the new station

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Image123(m): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ovamboland:

You don't have the brain power to process the fact that Nigeria is not Sri Lanka. We are a $450bn economy, even China loan of $100bn cannot make China take over anything. We have too much assets we can unlock to pay back if need be. We have already paid back 30% of the loan for Abuja-Kaduna rail which will eventually connect to Lagos seaport and turn over even more freight traffic and returns. It will make cost of food transport cheaper and faster, it will make our exports more competitive on the world market. More industries can locate along rail routes with improved logistics. Internal tourism can be enhanced with ease of movement. All these will create more wealth and more jobs directly addressing the poverty and security problems.

Now we can't raise all the cash we need at once, just like many people can't pay for a new house cash down. They either rent and save for the next 10 years building from their savings or take a mortgage like abroad and start living in the house instead of paying rent for many years.

It is this possibility that you join politicians who couldn't fix a thing when they held power to condemn and criticize, using faux pas and scaremongering like China will take over, sovereign immunity etc. They know you will fall for such since critical thinking is not our strong forte.

All this is just to let you know the possibility you're fighting against thinking you are doing the lord's work.

With all your brain power and $420 billion, you have put the nation in debt of over N32. 9 trillion, or $86.3 billion. Another debt of $22billion has been approved for borrowing. Nobody is arguing the usefulness of infrastructure but you have too much brain power to process that. What we've said is very simple and clear. The government should be careful not to put us in senseless and reckless debts and signing away our sovereignty in the process. No one tied it to APC or PDP or the Lord's work. But i guess that's all the power in a politician's brain, to play religion, tribe and politics. Use that brain of yours and think outside your selfish pocket position.
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by clothingonline(m): 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nigeria will be great again our wish

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by kushme: 3:59am On Jul 11, 2021
Odobaone:

Okay, thanks
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Odobaone: 7:15am On Jul 11, 2021
hakeemhakeem:

Did you paid when boarded or before cos am trying doing that next weekend

Alagomeji you pay in the office. Others you pay on board
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 11, 2021
LamidiCownu:

Damn..You are so ignorant.
The train has been in use since last year. There was just a single trip or so in a day.

You can use Google if in doubt.

I'm not part of the government but things must be put in perspective.

On a second thought , I think you are here to deliberately misinform and distort the truth which isn't a very honourable thing to do. Smh

Online and on social media apart from LinkedIn, you find out most Nigerians are not intelligent. They are very dull and find themselves in government or as parasites to the very unintelligent people in government . It is only on LinkedIn you find some Nigerians that are very intelligent and core professionals.

Adekunle / Alagomeji is where some of us grew up. The terminus is opposite Oceanic HMO. If test driving or test train riding is what you called services commencement then Nigeria is gone and is a country of fools. If Nollywood Actor was invited on test ride for publicity purpose when transport fares and services scheduled timetable were not out and people at Oshodi, Ikeja, Otta, Iddo (Ibadan ), Apata, Dugbe up to Moniya are not aware of commencement of services until services officially announced and transport fares made known to people, then you are a politician.

Nigeria is gone already. It has become a den of thieves where intellects and reasoning are caged and no truth. Your hypocrisy on this over inflated projects will soon be exposed.
Re: Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June by Okoroawusa: 7:50am On Jul 11, 2021
I Love PMB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat / AFDB Gives Nigeria $300m To Tackle Youth Unemployment / Abraham Rejects Ondo APC Primaries, Heads For Appeal Committee. Mo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.