Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? (5078 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by EarsWide(m): 8:54pm On May 10, 2011
This fraud is telling people to [b]curse [/b]their enemies!!

What is happening to people ?? People still go to this fraud's church

What did Jesus say explicitly about forgiveness and loving your enemies ?

How can this fraud still be allowed to preach ??

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsop3bgbmeg&NR=1[/flash]
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by donnie(m): 9:39pm On May 10, 2011
They are cursing people and your madness drove you to collect your own share with this thread.
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 10, 2011
This is not the time you pray for you enemies o! Satan is now in all churches and many pastors. This is the time to pray fire prayers on your enemies o!.

Jesus has made this clear to us below:

Luke 22:36
36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’b; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

“That is enough,” he replied.
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by EarsWide(m): 10:14pm On May 10, 2011
@Donnie

You said
They are cursing people and your madness drove you to collect your own share with this thread.

How can curses from a fraud and his followers catch me ? Na yam ? smiley smiley smiley
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by EarsWide(m): 10:15pm On May 10, 2011
@MrBible

Are you saying it is alright to curse your enemies ?
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 10, 2011
EarsWide

It is now operation fire for fire prayers, because the kind of enemies we have today are not the type Jesus was telling us to pray for o! The enemies we have today are the Judas Iscariot type of enemies.
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by EarsWide(m): 6:57am On May 11, 2011
@MrBible

You said:
It is now operation fire for fire prayers, because the kind of enemies we have today are not the type Jesus was telling us to pray for o! The enemies we have today are the Judas Iscariot type of enemies.

It can NEVER be right to curse your enemies - Jesus did not make any exceptions about 'types' of enemies.
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by ogoamaka99(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2011
@Earswide,
    The singular reason you are still posting trash in this forum is because G OD's vengeance has not come upon you. Watch it because sooner GOD'S vengeance will come upon you. Sooner they will look for your thread and they will not see them any more.
   As for curses nobody do need a prophet to tell that you are already operating under terrible curses. You need deliverance.
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by eyzhvntsn: 8:25pm On May 15, 2011
^^^ smh
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by EarsWide(m): 9:50pm On May 15, 2011
@ogoamaka99

I am really quivering in my boots now. NOT!

You and your 419 Oyedepo bring it on!  grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by EarsWide(m): 10:34pm On May 15, 2011
@ogoamaka99

Anyway on a lighter note - according to the sermon 50,000 enemies must have been destroyed ( i guess killed) instantly. Can you confirm this was the case ?  grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 15, 2011
^^^

Pray for those deluded souls.

They have completely 'missed road' when it comes to understanding GOD.

[b]Proverbs 19:11 A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Romans 3:14 Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.

Psalm 10:7 His mouth is full of curses and lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.

Proverbs 25:21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

Luke 6:27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Luke 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Romans 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Romans 12:20 On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

1 Thessalonians 5:15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

Matthew 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,[/b]

<< Proverbs 24 >>
17Do not rejoice when your enemy falls,
         And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;

18Or the LORD will see it and be displeased,
         And turn His anger away from him.
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by LoveKing(m): 11:07pm On May 15, 2011
@frosbel
thank you
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On May 16, 2011
A Passage on the use of the believer's tongue.

"But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.  [9] Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.  [10] Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.  [11] Does a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?  [12] Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh".

-- James 3:8-12

What can be wiser than in the highest sense to bless our fellow men to snatch a soul from the gulf that yawns, to lift up to the heaven that glorifies, to deliver an immortal from the thralldom of Satan, and to bring himself into the liberty of Christ? -- Charles Spurgeon.
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by EarsWide(m): 7:54am On May 16, 2011
@Frosbel and OLAADEGBU

Thanks guys.

Oyedepo has shown consistently that he is either imcompetent or that he is purposely misleading people - in either case he should NOT be pastoring a church.
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by mabell: 9:57pm On May 16, 2011
yeah right, so who should pastor
i guess you
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by EarsWide(m): 9:14pm On May 17, 2011
I was just thinking if Oyedepo was praying for the destruction of enemies - were there testimonies afterwards ? They would go something like this:

Testimony Giver : Praise the lord. Remember my inlaw who has been troubling me. Well during the day of vengeance I prayed for his destruction. On getting home I learnt he had been killed in a car crash. Praise the lord.

Church : Praise the lord.

grin grin grin

I still cannot believe anyone takes this fraud seriously - he is dangerous con man who should not be pastoring.
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39am On May 18, 2011
EarsWide:

I was just thinking if Oyedepo was praying for the destruction of enemies - were there testimonies afterwards ? They would go something like this:

Testimony Giver : Praise the lord. Remember my inlaw who has been troubling me. Well during the day of vengeance I prayed for his destruction. On getting home I learnt he had been killed in a car crash. Praise the lord.

Church : Praise the lord.

grin grin grin

I still cannot believe anyone takes this fraud seriously - he is dangerous con man who should not be pastoring.

Who told you that there are no testimonies? Haven't you heard that Erelu Jesu their enemy has been shot?
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07am On May 18, 2011
The Virtue of Having Enemies
May 17, 2011

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets" (Luke 6:26)

It is no compliment to say about a Christian that he has no enemies, for that is the same as saying he has accomplished nothing.  The apostle Paul had many bitter enemies, and they finally got him executed.  In fact, almost all of the great heroes of the faith, through all the centuries since Satan gained his victory over Adam and Eve, have had to overcome bitter opposition from that wicked one.

So instead of resenting our enemies, we should thank God for them, for they enable us to become more like our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!  Only through such experiences can we learn what it means to say, with Paul: "I am crucified with Christ" (Galatians 2:20).  Only if we have enemies can we learn to obey Christ's difficult command to "love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" (Matthew 5:44).

The Lord Jesus easily could have called on twelve legions of angels to rout His enemies (Matthew 26:53).  Instead, He submitted to their vicious insults and cruel tortures, even praying in His agony on the cross, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).  The enemies of Christ killed Him, but had they not done so, He would not have died for our sins, and we would be lost eternally.  This is a mystery to ponder, and difficult to comprehend, yet, as the Bible promises, "Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee" (Psalm 76:10).

The enmity of men can thus be a channel of divine grace to the believer, for "tribulation worketh patience" (Romans 5:3), and "our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (2 Corinthians 4:17). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? by Pukkah: 6:13pm On May 18, 2011
ogoamaka99:

@Earswide,
    The singular reason you are still posting trash in this forum is because G OD's vengeance has not come upon you. Watch it because sooner GOD'S vengeance will come upon you. Sooner they will look for your thread and they will not see them any more.
   As for curses nobody do need a prophet to tell that you are already operating under terrible curses. You need deliverance.     

You are not God and is not in a position to determine whom His vengeance would visit. By the way, you should stop assuming that God is a human who is after 'vengeance'. All these things that the poster is saying do not make any difference to God. Again, God is not petty (as in the minds of some men) to the extent that he 'retaliates' because someone has done/not done something to him. Or is He?

(1) (Reply)

Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? / Should Pastors/ministries Sell Their Books And Messages? / For Christians: What Exactly Does Christianity Offer??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.