Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,277 members, 7,867,727 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries (6748 Views)

Court Okays Suit Seeking To Void Nomination Of All APC Candidates / Osun: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Void Ademola Adeleke’s Candidacy / Twitter Suspension: Malami’s Prosecution Order Is Illegal, Null And Void - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by garfield1: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ezewuzie01:

Garfield, why are you running? Your hatred for Soludo will consume you. Keep living fake lives on nairaland. Only you with twenty different personalities grin

You are from Anambra but continue pretending cheesy

We are waiting to see how the two illiterate brothers from Uga will be our governor cheesy

On a second thought you might have a scintilla of points.if it is not in the electoral act,the supreme court can decide to depart from previous decisions and chart a new course since it is not cast in stone
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by garfield1: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
fergie001:

You are mixing two things.
Vicdom & garfield1 are like water and oil politically grin

Is it true that it is not in the electoral act or even constitution? If so,the court can decide to depart from previous decisions
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by Ezewuzie01: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
garfield1:

The suit is against the validity of primaries?

The suit is a plea to disqualify both candidates and parties.

Inec only condemned apc primaries or the non conduct of it

Why are you lying Garfield? cheesy

INEC report stated clearly that it didn't monitor any primaries for APC because no primaries held. Andy Uba is a goner grin
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by Indispensable85(m): 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
No locus standi
Waste of time

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by fergie001: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
garfield1:

Is it true that it is not in the electoral act or even constitution? If so,the court can decide to depart from previous decisions
What isn't in the electoral act?

The issue of 21 days?
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by garfield1: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ezewuzie01:
[/b]

Why are you lying Garfield? cheesy

INEC report stated clearly that it didn't monitor any primaries for APC because no primaries held. Andy Uba is a goner grin

You are funny.same inec complained that apga did not intimate it of 21 days notice and apga is still contesting
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by garfield1: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2021
fergie001:

What isn't in the electoral act?

The issue of 21 days?

[b]However, it is now trite that where a political party conducts its primary and a dissatisfied contestant at the primary election complains about its conduct of the primaries, the courts have jurisdiction by virtue of the provision of Section 87(9) of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) to examine if the conduct of the primary was in accordance with the party's Constitution and Guidelines. The reason is that in the conduct of its primaries, the courts will never allow a political part to act arbitrarily or as it likes. A political party must obey its Constitution.

Now, Section 87(9) of the Electoral Act provides:

"Notwithstanding the provisions of this Act or rules of a political party, an aspirant who complains that any of the provisions of this Act and the guidelines of a political party has not been complied with in the selection or nomination of a candidate of a political party for election, may apply to the Federal High Court or the High Court of a State or Federal Capital Territory, for redress".[/b]

Like I told you few days ago,parties must obey its own constitution....this judgment happened in 2016 and the court can still depart from it.a lot has happened
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by fergie001: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
garfield1:
[b]However, it is now trite that where a political party conducts its primary and a dissatisfied contestant at the primary election complains about its conduct of the primaries, the courts have jurisdiction by virtue of the provision of Section 87(9) of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) to examine if the conduct of the primary was in accordance with the party's Constitution and Guidelines. The reason is that in the conduct of its primaries, the courts will never allow a political part to act arbitrarily or as it likes. A political party must obey its Constitution.

Now, Section 87(9) of the Electoral Act provides:

"Notwithstanding the provisions of this Act or rules of a political party, an aspirant who complains that any of the provisions of this Act and the guidelines of a political party has not been complied with in the selection or nomination of a candidate of a political party for election, may apply to the Federal High Court or the High Court of a State or Federal Capital Territory, for redress".[/b]

Like I told you few days ago,parties must obey its own constitution....this judgment happened in 2016 and the court can still depart from it.a lot has happened
Exactly what I have been saying
....Only an aspirant can challenge that position.
YPP has no right to challenge the Primary of APC & PDP. Infact, an APC or PDP member cannot even challenge same, unless he/she is a aspirant in that election.

I am definitely 100 on what I am saying. If you don't participate in the Primary, you have no business whatsoever to challenge it.

I quoted this some days ago....a party must obey its Party Constitution, but this same Constitution empowers the NEC of the party to formulate guidelines for its own election. The Court won't touch it.

It is simple....for the PDP; Article 50 is here reproduced;

NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES FOR ELECTION INTO PUBLIC OFFICES
50(1) The National Executive Committee shall, subject to the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended), the Electoral Act (as amended) and this Constitution, formulate guidelines and regulations for the nomination of candidates for election into public offices at all levels and shall be the final authority for resolving all disputes relating to the choice of candidates for the Party for any election and for conveying to the Independent National Electoral Commission, or any other authority to whom it may concern, confirming the names or list of names of candidates of the Party in any elective public office in the federation.

2. Notwithstanding the provisions of Chapter IV of this Constitution, the National Executive Committee shall regulate the procedure for selecting the Party’s candidates for elective offices....

Like I told when a woman filed a case complaining about the delegates of APGA....the APGA Constitution also empowers its NEC to also regulate the guidelines for Primary....
Article 12(3)c:
Make Party Electoral regulations, to govern the conduct of elections to all Party offices at every level and to govern the procedure for electing, nominating or selecting Party candidates for elective offices.

It is the domestic affair of a Party. A Court comes in when you don't follow the guidelines you did set,....when the NEC presents a guideline and still not follow it...The Court will react.
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by garfield1: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
fergie001:

Exactly what I have been saying
....Only an aspirant can challenge that position.
YPP has no right to challenge the Primary of APC & PDP. Infact, an APC or PDP member cannot even challenge same, unless he/she is a member of the Party.

I am definitely 100 on what I am saying. If you don't participate in the Primary, you have no business whatsoever to challenge it.

Am talking about apga.they violated their own constitution.again,the judgment on 21 days notice was just based on discretion.several time,same supreme court has threw away cases that had hearing notice defects.few months ago,they rules against odey based on just improper service.this new radical judges can decide to wield the big stick...

By the way,am celebrating.inec has added new polling units to my village and ward.
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by fergie001: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
garfield1:
Am talking about apga.they violated their own constitution.again,the judgment on 21 days notice was just based on discretion.several time,same supreme court has threw away cases that had hearing notice defects.few months ago,they rules against odey based on just improper service.this new radical judges can decide to wield the big stick...
Yes, it was discretionary....Inyang Ekwo, JSC
This is because the same SC has ruled that INEC can enforce its own rules, however, it is up to INEC.
Hopefully, APGA's strongest candidate will be on the ballot.

By the way,am celebrating.inec has added new polling units to my village and ward.
I will be surprised if they don't.
The LGA is big....my guy was telling me something like that.
I think it went round.
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by garfield1: 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2021
fergie001:

Yes, it was discretionary....Inyang Ekwo, JSC
This is because the same SC has ruled that INEC can enforce its own rules, however, it is up to INEC.
Hopefully, APGA's strongest candidate will be on the ballot.

Their strongest candidate is hon chief chukwuma umeoji...afterall same court has said it severally that a violation of the electoral act is fatal

I will be surprised if they don't.
The LGA is big....my guy was telling me something like that.
I think it went round.

They only gave us 28 new units while yakurr got 42.some wards like the deputy gov own did not get any which is justified .calabar as a whole got 400 while the rest of crs got 500+..I think its time inec started creating new wards
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by Omanze: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
Kwanza:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/anambra-gov-ypp-asks-court-to-void-pdp-apc-primaries/%3famp

Not more than adventurous exercise.

Legally, YPP have got to LOCUST STANDI on the primary elections of other political parties.
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by fergie001: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2021
garfield1:

They only gave us 28 new units while yakurr got 42.some wards like the deputy gov own did not get any which is justified .calabar as a whole got 400 while the rest of crs got 500+..I think its time inec started creating new wards
Leave Esu nah....what did he do to you? grin
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by garfield1: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
fergie001:

Leave Esu nah....what did he do to you? grin

No,am not attacking him but his ward.his ward is sparsely populated yet have 14 units.infact,it should not even be a ward just like itigidi,imoke's ward.
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by fergie001: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
garfield1:

No,am not attacking him but his ward.his ward is sparsely populated yet have 14 units.infact,it should not even be a ward just like itigidi,imoke's ward.
You know, the first point of rigging is from the wards under your control from home front.cool
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by timchogon81: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
I think SC had ruled that only those who are parties to the primary can question the legality of it

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by timchogon81: 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
Jegeda was a party in the election, Ifeanyi Uba was not a party in the primary.had it been that election has been conducted, Ifeanyi should have ground to challenge it

garfield1:

He is not according to the appeal court judgment in pdp vs aketi 2021

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by fergie001: 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
garfield1:

Moghalu has challenged the APC Primary before the FHC, Abuja.

Another aspirant, Chidozie Nwankwo has supposedly gone to the FHC, Awka to challenge Andy Uba & the APC Primary.

Another PDP member Ekwochi who indeed participated in the PDP Primary that produced Ozigbo, has gotten an interlocutory from the FHC in Awka...Case to come up 19 July.
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by garfield1: 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
fergie001:

Moghalu has challenged the APC Primary before the FHC, Abuja.

Another aspirant, Chidozie Nwankwo has supposedly gone to the FHC, Awka to challenge Andy Uba & the APC Primary.

Another PDP member Ekwochi who indeed participated in the PDP Primary that produced Ozigbo, has gotten an interlocutory from the FHC in Awka...Case to come up 19 July.

I think nwankwo was disqualified for forgery.muoghalu is holding a federal job so he will likely withdraw the case
Re: Anambra 2021: YPP Asks Court To Void PDP, APC Primaries by fergie001: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2021
garfield1:

I think nwankwo was disqualified for forgery.muoghalu is holding a federal job so he will likely withdraw the case
He is heavily-backed by Ngige.....It is a suit 10 aspirants are backing him on.

Buhari doesn't care in Party affairs....Baba will tell you to go and solve your problems.

Ikechi Emenike cleared everybody.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering / Oyebanji Has Forged A Convergence Of Interests For Ekiti Progress - Dele Alake / Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.