Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? (19990 Views)

Argentina Vs Brazil: Copa America Final (1 - 0) - Live / Gabriel Jesus In Tears After Red Card In Brazil Copa America Final (Photos) / Brazil Defeat Messi, Argentina 2-0 To Reach Copa America Final (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by EmmanuelScott1(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
Brazil for the trophy, can't wait for Thiago Silva lifting the trophy grin
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2021
Is like enyimba going to hostile kano city to win.....Brazil will carry the day
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by uzoma213(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2021
OJEEMAH:
So you finally decided to create a thread about Messi today. Wow, that's amazing! Abi na because that guy talk for that other thread??

As much as I want M10 to win this one, losing the finals again would not change anything for me. It will only end that lame and wack argument. His performance in the competition so far is enough to show why ex & serving coaches, players, pundits & media have always regarded him as the GREATEST to ever play football.

Haters are patiently waiting for him to lose the final so they can have something to say.
his great performance against almighty Bolivia and Paraguay you mean?
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by htdot: 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2021
Major titles:
Olympic medal..
Uefa champion league
Laliga...

If all these are not major title, then you guys are so so dumb.
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by htdot: 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
Is like enyimba going to hostile kano city to win.....Brazil will carry the day
You tell that to the germans who bundled them 7-0 at home.

1 Like

Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
SUCKCESSFUL:
This fixed game guy above me, shame no dey catch you undecided

I don't understand why someone will be shamelessly moving from thread to thread posting scam. angry

If your fixed game is real, why not keep playing and rebetting with the proceeds till you overtake Jeff bezos?

Anumanu!!!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by OJEEMAH(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2021
uzoma213:
his great performance against almighty Bolivia and Paraguay you mean?
go suck your balls man.....you gat nothing to say hater

Bolivia and Paraguay still better pass Estonia and Luxemborg

6 Likes

Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by shogsman(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2021
obembet:
Messi is how many fans perceive the Copa America final between Brazil and Argentina.

The players themselves, though, see the bigger challenge on Saturday at Maracana Stadium will be between one of the toughest defensive lines to break and the protection around one of the best players in history.

Brazil has conceded only two goals in six matches in the tournament. Veteran Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Eder Militao are taking shifts as starters without putting the Selecao under too much — if any — risk.

Defensive midfielders Casemiro and Fred are relentless. Right-back Danilo and left-back Renan Lodi are keener to defend than go running up front.

These players initially criticised the South American soccer confederation for shifting the continental tournament to Brazil in emergency mode. Before the final against Messi’s Argentina, they’ve changed their narrative to winning at all costs. And keeping a clean sheet.

“The zone where Messi plays is where I play, we face each other a lot during matches,” Casemiro told a news conference on Thursday.
“I can’t mark any player by myself, you need teammates. And you don’t mark only one player.

“It starts with Neymar, Richarlison and it ends in the goalkeeper — a team plays with 11, defends with 11 and attacks with 11.”

Midfielders Rodrigo de Paul and Giovani Lo Celso are adding to a barrier around Messi.

Before the tournament, Messi said it was his dream to win his first major title with Argentina.

He is playing Barcelona-style for his national team, scoring from free kicks, dazzling adversaries with frequent runs despite his age and giving plenty of passes.

The Selecao trusts so much in its defence that its strikers are under-performing. Richarlison and Roberto Firmino scored only one goal each for Brazil. Gabriel Jesus, who is suspended for the final, didn’t find the back of the net.

Argentina’s effort to protect Messi has also cost the team physically in the second half of most matches — that is precisely when Brazil scores more goals.

Juicy comments before the final could also affect the mood for the game. Brazil’s Richarlison said his team will trash talk the Argentinians during the match.

“We can manage, it isn’t just talking. We will talk and show it on the pitch,” the striker said. “We will provoke them, it will happen.”

Final will be played at 1:00 a.m. (Sunday).

Source: obembet
Seeing as you're certainly not a Messi fan I dont think you have any business making this topic
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Kingosytex(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2021
kenzysmith:
Messi is d major problem in that team the coach should bench him today and see how they lift that cup.

You can't be serious.
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Kingosytex(m): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
blasterman:

Unless it goes into penalties i dont see argentina beating brazil in full time.

This brazil team their bench alone

Vinicius Jr, Rodrigo never even kick one ball in the tournament

Rodrygo no dey Brazil squad.
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by GABRIEL6036: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
Messi will not win it as usual.
Over to people who want to cry on this ...
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Jokerman(m): 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
OJEEMAH:
go suck your balls man.....you gat nothing to say hater

Bolivia and Paraguay still better pass Estonia and Luxemborg

Those ones dey play Euros??
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by AreaFada2: 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Waakanda:
May the best team win cool
Abi o
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by majamajic(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
No it's not going to happen
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by OJEEMAH(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
Jokerman:

Those ones dey play Euros??
Ask your oga wey dey padd stats with them

5 Likes

Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by majamajic(m): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
DonKharly:
I really want Messi to win this than he wants it himself. That guy don try, oluwa jor add this to his wins. embarassed

But he is not going to win it , Fred is with Brazil , so it's better Brazil win it , let Argentina win the next copa
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Patoski7(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Brazil has more squad depth than Argentina
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Ayo2004: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2021
Omo,Ronaldo fans no go sleep for night o grin
If Messi wins,all of una better no come online tongue
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Plut01: 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2021

Lemaooo

The match wey Neymar, Dani Alves and top football stakeholders in South Amrica have already fixed in favour of Messi abi another one?

He go shock una when Messi wins the game with a freekick that would have been easy to catch on a normal day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by lrdval: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2021
How can I watch this match. Supper sports is not showing it
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Christmasdon(m): 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
This Op is a MESSI FAN. But all i can tell him is it will certainly end in tears.
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Kylian(m): 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
I see Messi lifting the trophy
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by iamtardey: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ok... I'm tipping Argentina for this one lipsrsealed
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Silentgroper(m): 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
Betensure:
grin If Pessi wins I drink snyper
If u no drink am. Mke thunder romance ur balls.

1 Like

Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by baralatie(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
Trophyless for messi
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by baralatie(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ayo2004:
They will ask for replay
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by rottennaija(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
obembet:
Messi is how many fans perceive the Copa America final between Brazil and Argentina.

The players themselves, though, see the bigger challenge on Saturday at Maracana Stadium will be between one of the toughest defensive lines to break and the protection around one of the best players in history.

Brazil has conceded only two goals in six matches in the tournament. Veteran Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Eder Militao are taking shifts as starters without putting the Selecao under too much — if any — risk.

Defensive midfielders Casemiro and Fred are relentless. Right-back Danilo and left-back Renan Lodi are keener to defend than go running up front.

These players initially criticised the South American soccer confederation for shifting the continental tournament to Brazil in emergency mode. Before the final against Messi’s Argentina, they’ve changed their narrative to winning at all costs. And keeping a clean sheet.

“The zone where Messi plays is where I play, we face each other a lot during matches,” Casemiro told a news conference on Thursday.
“I can’t mark any player by myself, you need teammates. And you don’t mark only one player.

“It starts with Neymar, Richarlison and it ends in the goalkeeper — a team plays with 11, defends with 11 and attacks with 11.”

Midfielders Rodrigo de Paul and Giovani Lo Celso are adding to a barrier around Messi.

Before the tournament, Messi said it was his dream to win his first major title with Argentina.

He is playing Barcelona-style for his national team, scoring from free kicks, dazzling adversaries with frequent runs despite his age and giving plenty of passes.

The Selecao trusts so much in its defence that its strikers are under-performing. Richarlison and Roberto Firmino scored only one goal each for Brazil. Gabriel Jesus, who is suspended for the final, didn’t find the back of the net.

Argentina’s effort to protect Messi has also cost the team physically in the second half of most matches — that is precisely when Brazil scores more goals.

Juicy comments before the final could also affect the mood for the game. Brazil’s Richarlison said his team will trash talk the Argentinians during the match.

“We can manage, it isn’t just talking. We will talk and show it on the pitch,” the striker said. “We will provoke them, it will happen.”

Final will be played at 1:00 a.m. (Sunday).

Source: obembet

Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Silentgroper(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ayo2004:
Like say ronaldo never win euro too.
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by Ayemileto(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2021
paulolee:
sure....dts my prayer....brazil are playing at home but without g.jesus, but still even d odds favors brazil..
I just wish Argentina get d job done before n win d cup not because of messi proving himself in country but because leo himself needs a trophy with his country to break dt jinx since 1993 .
they av lost world cup finals, two copa finals n another lose dis nite simply means their badluck is a generational one..
even some Brazilians would be happy seeing leo wins it..

The Copa finals is more that 2.

2004, 2007, 2015, 2017

They lost the first 2 against Brazil and the last 2 against Chile. shocked

Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by pat077: 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
I'm indifferent. Anybody that wins is okay by me.
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by ItalianMafia: 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2021
It will end in tears ��
Re: Copa America Final! Can We Witness Messi's First Major Title Tomorrow? by ItalianMafia: 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
It will end in premium tears for Argentina grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? / Why Ronaldo May Not Start For Man United Against Newcastle On Saturday / Victor Anichebe Getting Back On His Feet A Month After Injury [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.