Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel (46100 Views)

Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) / Monitor Lizard Killed Now In UNILAG (Photos) / Strange Test Econometrics Question In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by ruggedtimi(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2021
Danisaint112:
The snake looks like a Black Mamba;
One of the most deadliest snake in the world,
Kills in less than a minute no matter how strong your are,
One of the fastest in the world,
And mostly Above six feet tall for an adult male.

Lucky set of students. grin
not a black mamba...but cobra
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Tdotbluejays1: 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2021
That's a black-necked spitting cobra (Naja nigricollis) is a species of spitting cobra found mostly in sub-Saharan Africa. Very common in Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-necked_spitting_cobra

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by MichealStanley(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2021
Damnn
This looks like a black mamba. Thank God it didn't harm anybody. The snake eaters in nairaland are already salivating to this
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by MichealStanley(m): 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
That's an African spitting cobra. Very common in Nigeria.
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by MansoryMX(m): 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
omoyeni37:
Spitting cobra

That is not a spitter but a rain forest cobra. It’s common here in Nigeria aside pythons, Puff adder and Gaboon vipers

2 Likes

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Bushanger: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by babajideh: 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mrsoft3:
This thread dey go front page, I don do ftc.

Guys mention me when we get there, you will hear my opinion.
this is sebe .... or asayan
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
majamajic:
So snakes are that loyal now ?
Harmless
King cobras can reach 18 feet in length, making them the longest of all venomous snakes.

Venom
Their venom is not the most potent among venomous snakes, but the amount of neurotoxin they can deliver in a single bite—up to two-tenths of a fluid ounce—is enough to kill 20 people, or even an elephant. King cobra venom affects the respiratory centers in the brain, causing respiratory arrest and cardiac failure.
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by satysaca: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
Henry cat Don fine finish wow it's beside El kanemi hall. By Education. Behind newest hall 1 and 3 by Amina Hostel. I miss my schedule. Left 99 wow

quote author=castrol180 post=103560118]A very long and black snake was killed this morning at Henry Carr postgraduate hostel of university of Lagos...zoologists in the house kindly help identify the type of the snake.

Lala food is ready...[/quote]
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Gaddafi1: 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mrsoft3:
This thread dey go front page, I don do ftc.

Guys mention me when we get there, you will hear my opinion.
grin grin grin
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Eaoavwerosuoghe(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
castrol180:
A very long and black snake was killed this morning at Henry Carr postgraduate hostel of university of Lagos...zoologists in the house kindly help identify the type of the snake.

Lala food is ready...

cool grin
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by omoyeni37: 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
[quote author=MansoryMX post=103567111]

That is not a spitter but a rain forest cobra. It’s common here in Nigeria aside pythons, Puff adder and Gaboon vipers [/quote
Ah, i fear those Gaboon vipers oo
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by zoedew: 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
When will snakes become extinct and or endangered?
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by zudozz: 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2021
any person wey this 1 bite....

Abeg help me complete d sentence.
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by blasterman(m): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
castrol180:
A very long and black snake was killed this morning at Henry Carr postgraduate hostel of university of Lagos...zoologists in the house kindly help identify the type of the snake.

Lala food is ready...

Not a cobra its a rat snake

it could be venomous or non venomous u will have to ask a zoologist or something

I killed one earlier this year and i did my research into it
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Juliearth(f): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
Carparts:
Bros that is not a king cobra. It is a normal cobra. King Cobras are very big like Pythons and long like 18ft or more. Nobody will see a King Cobra and try to kill it, you will first run away when you see it because if that King Cobra snake stands, it is taller than 6ft on the ground, it can spit deadly venom straight into your eyes that will cause immediate blindness and the king Cobra can move very fast and strike while standing. The king cobra is the only snake that hunts and kills a python or boa for food, although sometimes they get strangled in the process and both snakes die. Fortunately for us, there's no King Cobras in Nigeria. You find them in Asia, like India.

See the picture below, that's a king cobra that tried to eat a python. It obviously bite the python with venom to kill it, but because the python is also huge, the python also made sure it strangled the king Cobra to death before the venom killed it. Can you see how big and long that king Cobra is? Imagine facing a huge snake that is over 18 feet long, a snake that can stand, spit venom and move very fast while standing at the same time. No other snake can do that, only a king Cobra. Even a python will crawl on its belly. King Cobra will stand over 6ft tall and look you straight in the eyes. It is the bravest and most proud snake in the world. Also the most intelligent snake

Arghhhh!!! Thank you for scaring me. Damn, I hate Snakes.
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2021
School environs can be so coool and beautiful ehn! Reason I cried so much leaving the hostel, but forward ever cheesy
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Carparts: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Juliearth:

Arghhhh!!! Thank you for scaring me. Damn, I hate Snakes.
Scared you? It was not my plan. Don't worry, snakes don't bite women with beautiful eyes, they will just say hello, climb your leg, crawl on your back, play with you and go. You're safe sis grin
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by KingOdart(m): 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
castrol180:
The snake skin founded around where it was killed which confirms the fact that the snake has been long staying where it was seen and eventually killed

*"The snake skin was found"

You are disgracing UNILAG with your grammar

2 Likes

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Mitchell231(m): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
castrol180:

As a matter of fact, when it was to be killed it spreaded its head making me to believe it's a cobra but the clour doesn't look cobra
next tym allow the snake to bite first.before u bliv
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by miraculousGod(m): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
The snake came to study for it's msc, you didn't allow it to complete the program
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Carparts: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
When your best friend is a King Cobra. A snake that has enough venom that can kill a big adult elephant in a single bite. Some indians get mind oh grin See the height differences

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by slex(m): 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
Cobra.

See tge scales how they overlap each other. U guys are lucky.
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by donbenie(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
Danisaint112:
The snake looks like a Black Mamba;
One of the most deadliest snake in the world,
Kills in less than a minute no matter how strong your are,
One of the fastest in the world,
And mostly Above six feet tall for an adult male.

Black Mambas are NOT black and they are NOT known to live in Nigeria..
This is a forest Cobra..

1 Like

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by placeofallure(f): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
castrol180:

As a matter of fact, when it was to be killed it spreaded its head making me to believe it's a cobra but the clour doesn't look cobra

Thanks for the update, but there's no English word like "spreaded" don't forget please.

1 Like

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by slex(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Black mambas are not even black.

There's the Grey and the green.

WTch Natgeo sometimes not BBN to gain knowledge una no go Hear.

2 Likes

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by MansoryMX(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
[quote author=omoyeni37 post=103567486][/quote]

I would rather be bitten by a puff adder or rain forest cobra than a Gabon viper. Gaboon viper bites, the pain is excruciating and one dies from internal bleeding. You go bleed from eyes, nose, mouth, ear and even your anus cheesy

1 Like

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by Bobbyjay001(m): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2021
Danisaint112:
The snake looks like a Black Mamba; One of the most deadliest snake in the world, Kills in less than a minute no matter how strong your are, One of the fastest in the world, And mostly Above six feet tall for an adult male.
Are there black mambas in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by MansoryMX(m): 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
slex:
Black mambas are not even black.

There's the Grey and the green.

WTch Natgeo sometimes not BBN to gain knowledge una no go Hear.

My brother. 95% of youth in this country don’t watch documentaries at all. I can’t remember when last I watch anything apart from BBC or CNN for world news, Discovery channel, Natgeo, National Geographic channel, Brit for Top gear, Food channel and ID extra for Homicide stories. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by donbenie(m): 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
OBALOLA55:
AFRICAN KING COBRA
You meant African forest Cobra..
Re: Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel by MansoryMX(m): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
Bobbyjay001:

Are there black mambas in Nigeria?

Not sure. Non have been spotted so far. The one time an inland taipan was killed in Lagos, it attracted international community and a special investigation was carried out as to how it got here all the way from Australia or New Guinea Island close to Australia. It was discovered someone brought it down here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London / Contact Me For Any Info About University Of Ilorin / Nigerian Twins, Nicole And Niole Graduate From University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.