Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

US Rapper Apologises For Saying She Doesn’t Recognise Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / US Rapper Apologises For Saying She Doesn’t Recognise Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy (1326 Views)

John Abayomi To Sue Linda Ikeji If She Doesn’t Tender Apology Within 48hrs / Juliet Ibrahim Calls Iceberg Slim A Narcissist For Saying She’s A Toxic Person / US Rapper, Camron Showers Praises On His Babymama As He Gets Her A Range Rover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Rapper Apologises For Saying She Doesn’t Recognise Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy by tunnex190: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
Upcoming American rapper, Bia, has tendered an apology for saying that she did not recognise the faces of Nigerian music stars Wizkid, Burna Boy and Davido.

The artiste made the statement on Friday while she was live on Instagram with popular rapper, Nicki Minaj, to promote their new collaboration.

When asked to chose which of the three stars she would like to have a relationship with, she said, “I don’t know what they all look like.”

The statement did not sit well with Nigerian fans of the artistes who took to Twitter to bash the newbie for her statement.

@Fizzycruzz on Twitter said: “A whole queen of rap knows them and you saying you don’t know what they look like.”

“You don’t know what Wizkid looks like ?? you must be joking,” @ManiaHorluwa tweeted.

Listing WizKid’s recent achievements, @Tee_Claasiquem also wrote, “You don’t know Wizkid? The man that sang ‘Brown Skin Girl’ and even won a grammy plaque at the just concluded grammies?”

Following the outrage, the ‘Whole Lotta Money’ rapper took to Twitter to apologise, and clarify what she really meant by her statement.

“I said I don’t know what they all look like doesn’t mean I don’t know their music. I didn’t mean to offend anyone #LOVE,” she tweeted using the Nigerian flag emoji.
Re: US Rapper Apologises For Saying She Doesn’t Recognise Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2021
I know davido but who is Wizkid is it the name of a kindergarten School?

1 Like

Re: US Rapper Apologises For Saying She Doesn’t Recognise Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy by temitope27(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2021
I only know Wizkid, so come and beat me am in my house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Rapper Apologises For Saying She Doesn’t Recognise Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy by richiemcgold: 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Despite not making any offensive statement about those 3 naija stars, she still went ahead to apologize. No american hiphop star would've made such apology back then in the 80s/90s. This shows that Afro hiphop has really come a long way and americans are now respecting and embracing it.

4 Likes

Re: US Rapper Apologises For Saying She Doesn’t Recognise Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy by Kobicove(m): 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
She answered truthfully so I don't understand the reason for the brouhaha...

This internet age is causing everyone to be politically correct! undecided

2 Likes

Re: US Rapper Apologises For Saying She Doesn’t Recognise Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy by Petyr1: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
I only know Davido who are those noise maker

3 Likes

Re: US Rapper Apologises For Saying She Doesn’t Recognise Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy by YungMillionaire: 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
Freethegal abeg. Is it a crime not to know who they are?

(1) (Reply)

Between Obi Cubana And Davido. Who Is Richer? / The Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola Buys New Private Jet (photos+video) / Video As Zubby Michael And Atiku Daughter Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.