Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? (459 Views)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Clementoons: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2021
I am 100% (percent) sure that a lot of people without hesitating opt for HEAVEN.
what and where is heaven? Heaven is a beautiful place, the eternal home of the Most high GOD , that is filled with the majesty, magnification, glory and honour of GOD. A place of everlasting joy and happiness. Where there is no sorrow?, it is the home of the saints( those who are being saved by the redemption blood of JESUS. They are holy people that abode in the eternal home of our LORD JESUS. A place with the street of GOLD, and all diverse of precious stones. Heaven is unexplainable with the words of mouth. The angels in heaven sings with a melodious voice in which the music, instrument and rhymth of the songs of this world can never match.
(praises) How great is our GOD, how great is his name in the city of our GOD, Forever he is worthy to be praise.

Qualification to get to HEAVEN.

HOLINESS is the passport/visa to heaven. The bible says' be ye holy for i am holy. Our GOD is holy, He expects me and you to be holy
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Nyne: 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
This shouldn’t be a question bros
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Clementoons: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
...and righteous. God does not interested in the lives and also in the death of sinner. That is the vital reasons why the souls of a every man is precious to GOD. He also made it clear to us that , the soul that sinneth he shalt die. ABSTAIN FROM SINS.

SANCTIFICATION: this is the second work of GRACE.( God's Riches At Christ Expenses) You cannot get to heaven without you first, exterminating the roots of sins in you. Sins varies a lot. But do not forget all unrighteousness is a sin. We inherited sins through the lineage of our forefathers and mothers. During the fall of man in the garden of eden. Satan is the originator of sin. Satan's identification number[sin) enter into the world through ADAM and eve. Sanctification is a major tool, a believer must have to totally disintegrate/seperate him/herself from the world. Sanctification creates an irritating sensation for the vanity things of the world.
SALVATION: Salvation the first work of grace. This is the time you gave your life to the LORD JESUS CHRIST to
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Clementoons: 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
....be your personal LORD and Saviour. You at first, confess all your sins to him at the cross and then promised to make your ways right before him. Then at that onset , you will start having a closer relationship with GOD. then you equally press forward to the SANCTIFICATION Experience. In which, all worldy and youthful lust will irritate you at sanctification.
NB: You cannot get to HEAVEN without SALVATION, SANCTIFICATION AND HOLINESS.

Make amend of your ways today and come to JESUS . Then make him your superior guide in every ramifications of your life.

HELL IS REAL!!!
SIN kill, destroy and demote you from being yourself. All that glitters are not GOLD. Life may be GOOD to you without you knowing CHRIST. But it is just like a pollen grains of a flower which the strong wind blows away. You are like that if you are still remains in your sinful state. The world will surely come to an end one day. Do not die or live your life without CHRIST. The end is an INENVITABLE regrets, pains, tears, shame,
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
Clementoons:
I am 100% (percent) sure that a lot of people without hesitating opt for HEAVEN.
what and where is heaven? Heaven is a beautiful place, the eternal home of the Most high GOD , that is filled with the majesty, magnification, glory and honour of GOD. A place of everlasting joy and happiness.

Look through the Bible carefully, you would see that we are not destined for heaven but for the Kingdom of God!

Heaven is the twin of earth.
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Clementoons: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
There is no peace for the sinner. Satan will punish you later in the long run for refusing the gospel of peace.

A question was ask that what will be the fate of those that crucified JESUS?
THEN, The answer goes thus , you are parts of those people who crucified JESUS if you are still a sinner.
run away from sins today, so you won't be criticize or regrets at the end of your of life.
The sufferring of Hell is very severe and undescribeable.
Hell~ home of eternal languish,pains, unending and lorent tears
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Look through the Bible carefully, you would see that we are not destined for heaven but for the Kingdom of God!

Heaven is the twin of earth.

And the Jesus you so love told you that the kingdom of God is within.

How do you reconcile?

Like a wise man once said, man is made up of the spirit of God + the dust of the earth. When man experiences "death" the spirit returns to God and becomes one with it for it is pure. The body is buried 6 feet below and becomes one with the earth.

Just as the Creator said ' from dust you were made and to dust you shall return.

Man lost the chance of immortality...
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Clementoons: 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2021
Pardon me for the heading error. I mean' HEAVEN OR HELL, Which is your choice?
HOLINESS Is the passport/visa to the kingdom of GOD. The bible says' without holiness no man shall see the LORD. So holiness is one of the virtues of GOD. And also HE makes a clarification about it that'be ye holy, for i am holy.
HEAVEN AND HELL~ Starts with letter HE-, It is the way you live your life on Earth will determine how it will be spelt. That was the main reason why I ask that question. Heaven or Hell- 'which is your choice'. It is up to you or your with the way you are living you life, is it in line with the precepts of GOD?. Because many today will say, by alming giving, i will make Heaven. That is his belief and choice. Jesus said' except a man be born again. He cannot see the kingdom of GOD(Heaven). Which means, if you don't Repent of your sins today. You cannot make HEAVEN or go far in life.So live Right to please GOD and not man. Then be mindful of your ways. Do not toy with eternity Heaven is real, Hell is real.

1 Like

Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
Clementoons:

HOLINESS is the passport/visa to heaven. The bible says' without holiness no man shall see the LORD. So holiness is one of the virtue of GOD. be ye holy, for i am holy.

Define Holliness ?
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2021
Do Jews Believe in Hell?

Jewish Belief in Hell: True or False?

“I’ve always read that Jews don’t believe in the concept of hell. Is that true?”
First, let me distinguish between what “Jews” believe versus what “Judaism” believes. Quite often one has nothing to do with the other and this is a perfect example. Jews may not believe in the afterlife—heaven and hell—but Judaism unequivocally does.

Growing up I was told that Jews don’t believe in the afterlife. No heaven. No hell. No nothing. However, like most everything else I learned about Judaism growing up, this was incomplete. Although there are strains of modern Judaism that would argue against life after death, the vast majority of Judaism, Jewish history, Jewish theology and Jews themselves unequivocally believe in olam habah—the world to come.

Yes, there is heaven. Although the Hebrew Bible devotes little time to speculating upon it, the Jewish tradition is replete with varying efforts and depictions of what the “world to come” might be. Some notions imagine God as Avenu Malkenu (Our Father and King) sitting in judgment, delivering reward or punishment within the heavenly court. Others imagine a supernal beit midrash (house of study), where the tzaddikim (righteous) study Torah all “day” long. The more mystical Jewish traditions envision a ladder of consciousness, at the very top of which resides the ineffable: God beyond description. As you descend down the ladder, distinction sets in with arch-angels, angels, spirits and other divine beings all the way down to this world, where souls are coming and going, entering this world and leaving this world (and even a Jewish notion of reincarnation—returning to this world once again).

Yes, Judaism believes in “heaven,” and yes, Judaism also believes in “hell.”

Again, there is no one depiction of the world on high, so too “the world below” is equally nuanced, sophisticated and diverse in description. The Torah refers to a place called “Sheol,” originally a physical location and later a spiritual destination for sinners and troubled souls. Some, particularly the Kabbalists, viewed Sheol as a necessary stopping point for all souls on their journey from this world to the next, a place to work through the sins of this life. Later, the Jewish mystical tradition expanded upon this notion, describing an even more complex version called “Gehinom.” Whereas some souls ascend straight to the Garden of Eden on high, the vast majority of souls have some length of a layover, most less than 12 months, at airport Gehinom—a place to work through life’s hangovers as they prepare for olam habah. The truly evil, however, are either eternally damned to Gehinom or disposed of into the cosmic evil trash heap. Thankfully, according to this view, for most of us it’s just a matter of time before we’re on the next flight out (or up), en route to, yes, heaven.

The bottom line: There isn’t one definitive understanding of life after death or heaven and hell. As the saying goes, “Two Jews, three opinions.” So, believe what you want, because ultimately Judaism doesn’t care what you believe, but rather what you do. (That, however, is an ask-a-rabbi question for another time.
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by paxonel(m): 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2021
Clementoons:

Heaven is a beautiful place
lie!

Heaven is people, humans on earth
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Clementoons: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Define Holliness ?
it is the state of being Holy, pure, righteous and without sin. For you to called yourself a real child of GOD. You need to be holy. You did not inherit sin from GOD. you are meant to have that qualities of GOD and his SON. you are meant to imitate them. sin came through SATAN- THE MOTHER OF ABOMINATION . i am sure you will ask ME What that means!!! But i will explain

1 Like

Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2021
There is no Eternal Hell in Judaism. (And in igbo omenani )Rather there is a Purification Time where souls are cleansed and then returned to God as it says in Ecclesiastes 12:7
"then shall the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." Here there is no mention of Eternal Damnation upon death!
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2021
Clementoons:
it is the state of being Holy, pure, righteous and without sin. For you to called yourself a real child of GOD. You need to be holy. You did not inherit sin from GOD. you are meant to have that qualities of GOD and his SON. you are meant to imitate them. sin came through SATAN- THE MOTHER OF ABOMINATION . i am sure you will ask ME What that means!!! But i will explain

One step at a time..
What do you mean by the bold?
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
Clementoons:

Explain the bold. Do you know that man is imperfect by design?

What does God need a son for?

Does God have a wife?
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Clementoons:

What is sin

Who is Satan?

How did Satan introduce sin?
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Clementoons: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
Every living things and non-living things have a source which is the mother. The mother of a plant is the female species. The source of a man is the female . The source of the word of GOD is GOD. The source of sins is satan. Satan is the originator of evil deeds. Through him sins came into the world then he transferred the genes of sins into adam and eve at the garden of eden. In the long run, we inherited sins through adam and eve. Then by the grace of GOD through the LORD JESUS who died and blots our sins at the cross of calvary , in which we are saved today.
But, That is why Satan is regarded as the MOTHER OF ABOMINATION.
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
22jumpstreet:

And the Jesus you so love told you that the kingdom of God is within.

How do you reconcile?

I do not know where you got this from but what I do know that the Bible did tell us to pray for God's Kingdom to Come as seen in The Prayer The Lord taught us.

22jumpstreet:

Like a wise man once said, man is made up of the spirit of God + the dust of the earth. When man experiences "death" the spirit returns to God and becomes one with it for it is pure. The body is buried 6 feet below and becomes one with the earth.

Just as the Creator said ' from dust you were made and to dust you shall return.

Man lost the chance of immortality...

And you missed the third party, the soul for you addressed the physical flesh and The Light that Lighted up all men who come into the world as seen in John 1:9 Who is of course Holy and returneth to God.
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I do not know where you got this from but what I do know that the Bible did tell us to pray for God's Kingdom to Come as seen in The Prayer The Lord taught us.

Luke 17:20-21

And you missed the third party, the soul for you addressed the physical flesh and The Light that Lighted up all men who come into the world as seen in John 1:9 Who is of course Holy and returneth to God.

The bible clearly says "and God breathed into his nostrils THE BREATH OF LIFE and man became a living soul. Man is the soul.
The soul (Man) that sinneth it shall die.

You only need two parents to create a human being. Just as God and the earth did to set the ball in motion in Genesis.
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Luke 17:20-21

Thanks for the guide but I understood that message to mean that the Kingdom of God has Always been with us and not in the physical world we look at.

And by the several scriptures, especially Psalms, we see that God is inAbsolute Control of heaven, which other scriptures that heaven means "spirit".

And of course "spirit" already resides in you.

Thus, the kingdom of God we are looking forward to is that which The Prayer which The Lord taught us and Revelation tells us, that is to Come.

22jumpstreet:

The bible clearly says "and God breathed into his nostrils THE BREATH OF LIFE and man became a living soul. Man is the soul.
The soul (Man) that sinneth it shall die.

You only need two parents to create a human being. Just as God and the earth did to set the ball in motion in Genesis.

The word is "became" and not "is"!

Secondly, we know that the soul is not flesh but spirit and God hath continuously clearly said that He hath no business with the flesh but with the heart and the soul both of which are spirit.
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thanks for the guide but I understood that message to mean that the Kingdom of God has Always been with us and not in the physical world we look at.

And by the several scriptures, especially Psalms, we see that God is inAbsolute Control of heaven, which other scriptures that heaven means "spirit".

Thus, the kingdom of God we are looking forward to is that which The Prayer which The Lord taught us and Revelation tells us, that is to Come.

Secondly, we know that the soul is not flesh but spirit and God hath continuously clearly said that He hath no business with the flesh but with the heart and the soul both of which are spirit.

This is a no Brainer ....

And you know it.
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The soul is both flesh and spirit...Dtruthspeaker is a soul. At the end of your life, after you have completed your earthly mission. Your spirit will depart this body or vessel back to God. It will become one with God. It was God's breath to begin with. The body experiences death or it becomes a dead soul. In my place part of our culture is we bury it after some elaborate ceremony. We still respect it because it use to house God's spirit. ..so when Paul said in one of his epistle that our body is the temple of the holy spirit, he was not wrong. .
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:00am On Jul 11, 2021
22jumpstreet:

The soul is both flesh and spirit...Dtruthspeaker is a soul. At the end of your life, after you have completed your earthly mission. Your spirit will depart this body or vessel back to God. It will become one with God. It was God's breath to begin with. The body experiences death or it becomes a dead soul. In my place part of our culture is we bury it after some elaborate ceremony. We still respect it because it use to house God's spirit. ..so when Paul said in one of his epistle that our[b] body is the temple of the holy spirit[/b], he was not wrong. .

1) John 1:9 Already Shows Us Who is in us Who giveth us Life as the Breath of God.

2) shall we be Holy if Holiness does not cover and everything including our body according to the Commandment of God, "Ye are a Holy nation"?

And is it not The Spirit of God which entereth or falls and dwells on a thing and makes it Holy, as we see in the Censers, (korah, Dethan, Abiram affair) the Ark of the Covenant and even a mountain.

If The Holy Spirit can possess these non living things to make them Holy, how is it impossible to possess and dwell in man?

I see you might be jw so accepting contrary opinion is always not an option.
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by 22jumpstreet: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

1) John 1:9 Already Shows Us Who is in us Who giveth us Life as the Breath of God.

2) shall we be Holy if Holiness does not cover and everything including our body according to the Commandment of God, "Ye are a Holy nation"?

And is it not The Spirit of God which entereth or falls and dwells on a thing and makes it Holy, as we see in the Censers, (korah, Dethan, Abiram affair) the Ark of the Covenant and even a mountain.

If The Holy Spirit can possess these non living things to make them Holy, how is it impossible to possess and dwell in man?

I see you might be jw so accepting contrary opinion is always not an option.

You are not saying anything sensible that I even need to consider.
The totality of existence is what is referred to as God. We are part of him, he is part of us....
Re: Heaven Or Hell ~ Which Is Choice? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2021
22jumpstreet:

You are not saying anything sensible that I even need to consider.
The totality of existence is what is referred to as God. We are part of him, he is part of us....

Translation! You have no reasonable counter! grin and

2) Change of Post! grin No one asked you your thoughts on God!

(1) (Reply)

Why I Left Deeper Life For RCCG - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Today's Devotional - Friday 30th July 2021 / Maureen Badejo What A Lying Machine!! What Case Did You Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.