Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

What Does Charity Mean ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Charity Mean ? (183 Views)

Does Charity Mean Anything To God? / Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity / Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Charity Mean ? by HQofGilhc: 3:43am On Jul 11, 2021
Charity means giving cheerfully to the poor, needy, lame, weak and the crippled and showing love to people in need of love. As God gave His only begotten Son to redeem the world to Himself, an act of love to the World. (John 3:16)
Charity means giving cheerfully money, gift or items to the needy and expressing love to one another.

Source:https://www.nairaland.com/6599245/seven-important-ways-seek-kingdom
https://www.worldvision.org/christian-faith-news-stories/what-the-bible-says-about-generosity

1 Share

Re: What Does Charity Mean ? by HQofGilhc: 3:44am On Jul 11, 2021
Bible verses:

Acts 2:44-47 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

3 John 1:5-8 Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;
Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:
Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.
We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1-2 (KJV)

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 3:16-18
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Acts 20:35
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Luke 11:13
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

Matthew 6:19-21
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Malachi 3:10-12
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.
Re: What Does Charity Mean ? by HQofGilhc: 7:02am On Jul 11, 2021
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: What Does Charity Mean ? by dettemanon(m): 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2022
Some people do this to impress others and remain in fake holiness. They're just trying to maintain the image of a good person. I'm doing this out of sincere motives. I know that somewhere far away or close to me, some people don't have what I have. They can't buy a car, they can't pay for utilities, and they can't eat often and deliciously. And that's why I want to help them. I send rice to boarding schools and orphanages. And I come to the evening services at church to leave money for Sunday school. I even participated in the Donate a car California project, sending my old car to a place where it's needed more than I need money for scrap metal.

(1) (Reply)

Be Tenacious / Happy 32nd Birthday To Frank Edwards / Like Father, Like Son – Mike Bamiloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.