Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

(my) Interpretation Of John 16 Vs 7 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (my) Interpretation Of John 16 Vs 7 (102 Views)

The Word And The Watchtower: An Exegesis Of John 1:1 / The Holy Ghost As Your Financial Advantage - John 16:7 / Exodus 21 Vs 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(my) Interpretation Of John 16 Vs 7 by KaideeGee(m): 5:28am On Jul 11, 2021
Peace...

>>Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.<<
John 16:7 ESV

Please allow me share my understanding on this scripture, please I am very open to correction.
I have derived two implicit meanings from this passage;
1. God does not on earth as two different incarnations at the same time
2. God's form as the HOLY SPIRIT is more useful to disciples of Christ than his incarnation as Jesus Christ.
Here are reasons -
• God's form as the son of man is bound by a lot of the same limitations every other man faces. He is subject to fatigue, He is not omnipresent, and He is not immune to sin. Personally, I think if Jesus committed a single sin, that would have been it. Above all HE is mortal, He can die.
• They are fundamental different characters; THE SON OF MAN is a savior and redeemer. THE HOLY SPIRIT is a guide, a comforter, I call him the catalyst of good works.
• Also, THE SON OF MAN came for the redemption the entire human race, but THE HOLY SPIRIT is for disciples, those who believe in and follow THE SON OF MAN. Not sure if that was congruent, but still i feel you guys need to know.

That's all I can think of for now, please share your thoughts, opinions and criticisms. They are all welcome.

Peace.
Re: (my) Interpretation Of John 16 Vs 7 by KaideeGee(m): 5:29am On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie jesusjnr2020 Other people please review this.
Re: (my) Interpretation Of John 16 Vs 7 by anthonyuncle(m): 6:21am On Jul 11, 2021
nice one

(1) (Reply)

Faithful Giving / Sermon Message 114 / Think On This Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.