Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria (30905 Views)

Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly / Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players / U.S Men's National Team Coach Steps Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Techguy96(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2021
SmartPolician:
Nigerians are making noise for winning a friendly match. Make sure you replicate it in a competitive tournament.
US has never lost a friendly match to an Africa team b4.
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by kingxley(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2021
I sha hope we don't meet USA in the Olympics coz it won't be funny. They can drop 40 points in a quarter
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by putin2: 11:53am On Jul 12, 2021
Igbo vs USA
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Topmaike007(m): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2021
Kinzo0917:
Oboy see odds. It just wasted. Good 16odds for nigeria to win
them born you well to play it? grin the thing be like say Barcelona /realmadrid Wan play Eyinmba you fit play Eyinmba straight winning?
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Blueelf: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2021
SmartPolician:

You shouldn't always bring tribalism into everything. I'm sure you wouldn't have done this if the team had lost.

He is right

Give me facts that show he is wrong and i will concede
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by PAWG(m): 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sunnycliff:
This is the result of meritocracy and not quota system. If it were to be Nigerian brought up home selection, it won't be all Igbos as some people will shout marginalisation on quota.

Until we kill quota system and enthrone meritocracy, Nigeria will never make good progress. Quota system is killing.

Iroegbu was a beast that day. Damn!!!

3 Likes

Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by chidiebube107: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
Elock1:
If you dy Nigeria and you no get mouth I'm sorry for you
I no understand Nigeria at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by soojar(m): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
SmartPolician:

You shouldn't always bring tribalism into everything. I'm sure you wouldn't have done this if the team had lost.

This is not tribalism from my point of view. Our diversity in Nigeria is supposed to be our strength but because of some quota system people will not let that be.

For example in sports, everybody knows the Igbos are strong in basketball, if it is only igbos that will represent us in basketball and put Nigeria on the world map, why not? Likewise the Yorubas are good in boxing and table tennis why can't we harness that? Middlebelt and Yorubas dominate athletics especially the sprint, Igbos dominate football, south south can be developed to dominate swimming, etc.

By the time you put all these together without bringing in the sentiment of quota system, Nigeria will be a major force in sports all round.

Bring that into governance too, If it is only the Fulanis that are strong enough to be in the military, no problem. If it's the Igbos alone that can develop our trade and investment sector, 'baa damua' and if it's only Yorubas that can handle our education sector, 'make e be like that'

There is an extent to which quota system can work in a nation building, at least 80% should be on merit while the remaining 20% can be made to be on quota system basis.

6 Likes

Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
you lack sane sense
Baawaa:
This is friendly match, they will trash this team in real match
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Lordhades21(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
Don't speak trash. They were beaten fair and square
Baawaa:
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by lapazi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sunnycliff:

Forget it, let's say the truth as it is. Allow merits to work. No nation ever developed with quota system

I agree with you, but then again I disagree!
The entire crop of players are not even naija born, non of them played basketball in Nigeria at any level of capacity!

So don’t make it sound like the team was selected from Nigeria!

These are boys that wanted to fly our colors in the diaspora for reasons best known to them.

So chill!

Going by your logic, our men national team should also do well now!

Also note that this d’tiger team a mostly NBA superstars
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Mastakija(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
DannyWalker:
Did you notice that all the Nigerians on that team were not trained in Nigeria by Nigerians?

Those guys have spent most of their lives in America...

So be calming down... They are all a product of America still
i know ppl lyk u will come up and start talking trash
You'll neva cherish what is yours
Rather you'll prefer to b licking oda ppl asses dat dont even give a fvck abt u
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Omolomo4eva(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2021
Baawaa:
But its on record that we won this one sha...Case closed. Next!
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by nobilie: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2021
That's a list without quota system selection
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by ddeola: 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2021
By the time we win gold in the olympics, na kill em go kill emsef. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by xelly: 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
Our smart guys roast their ass, they won't stop crying and we won't stop winning.
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by xelly: 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2021
Baawaa:

We don win be say we don win. any thing else na okpanta you dey yarn.

Shebi one May W. want try our Anthony for ring? no worry, he will know why Anthony dey eat African food. 85kg per punch, 5 punches per second. If na you be May. you no go surrender?
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by mbaise1000: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Mynd44:

Football fans.

Please go agonize over your Super Eagles 4-0 loss to Mexico and leave our Basketball team alone.

Friendly match, we gree and we will take the victory like that
It's not that he loves football, just that he saw igbo names there, but his hatred doesn't change NOTHING, th ey will keep doing what they know best and we will keep doing what we do best, rising forever
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by OyinbowithaTan(m): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
How many on the Nigerian team are Americans? Team USA probably has Communist Chinese Tshirts, glad they lost, although only an exhibition game.
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Redman44(m): 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
kingxley:
I sha hope we don't meet USA in the Olympics coz it won't be funny. They can drop 40 points in a quarter

D'tigers won't lose to the USA with a wide margin again. If we meet USA again, Nigeria is most likely to win again or lose by 2 points or 3 points. Mark my words. I don't think D'tigers players are afraid of USA, Spain, France, Germany etc this time around. Cheers.
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by lanocfoods: 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
Romanoff:
I love the way Frank Edoho schooled that yeye american.
Who else went to that guys page after reading this? I sure did n Left him a piece of my mind. Naija no get joy las las
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by kingxley(m): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2021
Redman44:

D'tigers won't lose to the USA with a wide margin again. If we meet USA again, Nigeria is most likely to win again or lose by 2 points or 3 points. Mark my words. I don't think D'tigers players are afraid of USA, Spain, France, Germany etc this time around. Cheers.
I admire ur belief but they won't beat USA twice
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by ShadowAMG(m): 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
kenddys:

I for no curse you but because you be ignoramus but still one comment your ignorance I got no choice but call you authentic mumu

Hobo!
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
ShadowAMG:

Hobo!

Na today you dey reply me

Come do me quick 5k abeg lipsrsealed
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by ShadowAMG(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
kenddys:

Na today you dey reply me

Come do me quick 5k abeg lipsrsealed

Vagrant grin
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
ShadowAMG:

Vagrant grin

I serious na
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by chidiogo123(f): 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
Sharrpguy:
See as UDOH finish the US guy in the first picture with super stink armpit attack. LOL. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hello, have folio laptop for your budget, chat me on WhatsApp on my signature.
Re: U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria by Mason9: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
According to reports Nigeria lost by us basketball team and this create a great conspiracy. I have shoes under 50 dollars which is best for you if you are looking for affordable shoes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF / Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates Chioma, His Wife's Birthday By Sharing Loved Up Photos / Neymar's Lawyer Going Into Barcelona Offices, Transfer? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.