Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) (24423 Views)

Deeper Life High School Fees (photos) / Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 / Pictures From The 13 Convocation Of Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Calicoe: 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2021
Mikecold:
Anambra isn't it clear that the FG that fixed unity school cut off as 139 for anambra and 2 for zamfara wants to frustrate you from school

I wonder why you didn't see this one coming

Right here in University of Maiduguri we pay peanut because FG is the one begging us to go to school as educationally disadvantaged people

Why e no go cheap for there? Who go agree to pay high school fees at the same time risking his/her life
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by frozen70(f): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2021
Illuminatiship:
Why na pussy market don drop? Eya no customer well no money on ground..

Grow up, common sense is lacking in you

Didn't you come out of that pussy and still goes there

Just respect yourself
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Kennybwoy001: 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
Unizik students sorry nu ohh�
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Thallyheart(f): 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2021
Illuminatiship:
Why na pussy market don drop? Eya no customer well no money on ground..

YOU ARE DUMB O
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Ssoil(f): 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
Would have joined in the protest but I don already pay 66k school fees sad sad
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 12, 2021
I know a lot of people won't like me for saying this

But let's be honest, the students are not fair to their school

Yes, I went to university for cheap. My fees were N2000, my accommodation was N90 per semester. Meanwhile, the hostels were trash, the library had outdated books, the labs were using equipment our fathers and dare i say grandfathers used when they were students, and the computer science department had 4 computers for the whole department 100l to 400l. All for fees which at the time were very cheap...and which meant that the university could not afford improvements

The fees of NAU are around N120000 per semester. That is less than 300 us dollars. Yet, these people protesting want their unviersity to look like one where the fees is 30000 dollars....on actual fees of less than 300 us dollars.

Is that realistic.?

Nigerians complain all day long about how bad their unviersites are, and how we are producing half backed graduates, and yet vote for governments who keep us resource dependent because we somehow have this idea that we can fund our unviersites by selling oil and other things . And the fact is, the price of the things we sell are so volatile that we cannot even earn a steady revenue from them over time, so we have to take loans to make the difference. Meanwhile countries that are far more industrial than we are have money to fund their unis well well...AND STILL CHARGE HIGHER FEES.

So the students should go and sit down, and let their governor increase the fees. Or else they should accept the state governor charging taxes at a rate of 50% per annum for everyone...everyone including the beggar on the street...to give them free education, because that's how most sensible European countries like Denmark, where education is free in return for half your salary in taxes... do it. Or they should stop complaining about bad facilities and just accept them ...because one cannot pay N2000 for a Toyota corolla and expect to get a toyota. corolla.

Because, as one VC of one Nigerian university said three years ago...if you want Cambridge level degrees, you pay Cmabridge level fees.

Nigerians should stop engaging in magical thinking. Either we raise fees....or we raise taxes...or we take more loans ....or we stop complaining and accept the bad facilites as they are.

Good afternoon.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by snowlordng(m): 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2021
Beancounter93:

Yes, I went to university for cheap. My fees were N2000, my accommodation was N90 per semester. Meanwhile, the hostels were trash, the library had outdated books, the labs were using equipment our fathers and dare i say grandfathers used when they were students, and the computer science department had 4 computers for the whole department 100l to 400l. All for fees which at the time were very cheap...and which meant that the university could not afford improvements

The fees of NAU are around N120000 per semester. That is less than 300 us dollars. Yet, these people protesting want their unviersity to look like one where the fees is 30000 dollars....on actual fees of less than 300 us dollars.

Is that realistic.?

Nigerians complain all day long about how bad their unviersites are, and how we are producing half backed graduates, and yet vote for governments who keep us resource dependent because we somehow have this idea that we can fund our unviersites by selling oil and other things . And the fact is, the price of the things we sell are so volatile that we cannot even earn a steady revenue from them over time, so we have to take loans to make the difference. Meanwhile countries that are far more industrial than we are have money to fund their unis well well...AND STILL CHARGE HIGHER FEES.

So the students should go and sit down, and let their governor increase the fees. Or else they should accept the state governor charging taxes at a rate of 50% per annum for everyone...everyone including the beggar on the street...to give them free education, because that's how most sensible European countries like Denmark, where education is free in return for half your salary in taxes... do it. Or they should stop complaining about bad facilities and just accept them ...because one cannot pay N2000 for a Toyota corolla and expect to get a toyota. corolla.

Because, as one VC of one Nigerian university said three years ago...if you want Cambridge level degrees, you pay Cmabridge level fees.

Nigerians should stop engaging in magical thinking. Either we raise fees....or we raise taxes...or we take more loans ....or we stop complaining and accept the bad facilites as they are.

Good afternoon.
trash

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by mindtricks: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2021
Beancounter93:

Is that realistic.?

Good afternoon.

You dont add more things into a leaking basket.
All will be lost as the leak remains unfixed.
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by madridsta007(m): 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2021
LordVoldermort:
There's a current protest going on in Unizik over a hike in school fees and acceptance fee.

My advice to this protesters is the same advice I gave to ENDSARS protesters.... Wear a MASK.
It protects you from COVID and gives you some protection against a despotic system.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Stanleyville(m): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2021
angry

Chai..my alma mata
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Newsplug1: 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
Hmm��

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Newsplug1: 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
102k sch fees acceptance 47k matric 5.8k���
I need help oo ��
I only managed to pay acceptance ���

1 Share

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Apexy101: 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
We will not stop till they hear us and do the needful.

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Bigii(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sammy07:
Isn't Unizik a Federal school?

See eh, I did my underG at Unimaid. Currently pursuing my M.Sc in UNN and my Thesis area of study is South East universities. In going round the Universities in the eastern region, I tell you this egbos shouldn't smell any leadership position in this country. Their level of corruption and insincerity is next to non. Every table I go to for collection of data I must drop money else they will never answer you. God forbid! Very useless set of baboons. angry
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Glamouzpeter(f): 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2021
It's bleed my heart when I see student who have passion for education suffers because of school fees
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Rochasstatue(f): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
Very tragic.
While the boys will work harder..
The gals will fvck harder..
Wetin person go do?
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by bullabong(m): 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
LordVoldermort:
There's a current protest going on in Unizik over a hike in school fees and acceptance fee.
Well done guys!!i did my last protest in same school over school fee hike in 2003.
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sammy07:
Image 1
Unizik denies the hike in Tuition fees

Image 2
Remita showing increment of fees. grin

Chukwuebuka Decian...you hid your department but forgot to hide your name. grin
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
Beancounter93:

Is that realistic.?

Good afternoon.

I suspect your father or mother is one of the lecturers in UNIZIK!

Useless institution with money hungry lecturers.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by idrisaa951(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
LordVoldermort:

Blame the management of the school. They are the ones frustrating the students. And it's sad that these same people are from the same state or region with the students. Show mercy nah.

This is not how we do it up north.

The king's over there are not trying at all. Can't they talk to the school management?
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by CodeTemplar: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2021
And how much did they increase it to?
Student hardly allow lecturers pack their rickety vehicles nau...
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
It may be true..they just wanted to test the student reactions n see.......how can they be thinking of increment now, when things are tough and people are trying to find there feet.

This happen in uniport in 2016 and the immediate past VC increase sch fees and even wen ahead to impose deadline for its payment. What a wicked man!

God will judge all this our "RULERS" who say they are our LEADERS!
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by fineberry(m): 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2021
If its ILARO FEDERAL POLY now everybody go dey hide him head. I hate coward abeg.
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Madeu(m): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
Nigerian policy makers are dumb! Why increase tuition fee of already admitted students. The new tuition fee should affect new student. That's obtainable in advanced clime.
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Gfskw: 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2021
Really
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by donhils: 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2021
LordVoldermort:
How much were they paying and how much has it been increased to?
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by barinedan(m): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2021
These men are very heartless, how can u increase fees now that things are so difficult in the country, how do you expect those sponsoring themselves to cope
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Udopasa: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
That Deeper life VC by name Esimone(Esimoney) is a criminal and should be bundled out!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How 2 BSU Students Drowned In Benue River. Photos / Jamb Is Changing Our Subject Combinations!!! / They're Shooting Us! - Plateau Student Cries In Bokkos Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.