Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) (24418 Views)

Deeper Life High School Fees (photos) / Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 / Pictures From The 13 Convocation Of Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by sugarlyn: 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
Mikecold:
I am suddenly your brother now abi, are you sure everyone in your street isn't also your blood brother by brothel mistake

I can see the better things you have doing in every green brothel

Well done bro, you never give up.
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Slynation(m): 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
Beancounter93:
I know a lot of people won't like me for saying this

But let's be honest, the students are not fair to their school

Yes, I went to university for cheap. My fees were N2000, my accommodation was N90 per semester. Meanwhile, the hostels were trash, the library had outdated books, the labs were using equipment our fathers and dare i say grandfathers used when they were students, and the computer science department had 4 computers for the whole department 100l to 400l. All for fees which at the time were very cheap...and which meant that the university could not afford improvements

The fees of NAU are around N120000 per semester. That is less than 300 us dollars. Yet, these people protesting want their unviersity to look like one where the fees is 30000 dollars....on actual fees of less than 300 us dollars.

Is that realistic.?

Nigerians complain all day long about how bad their unviersites are, and how we are producing half backed graduates, and yet vote for governments who keep us resource dependent because we somehow have this idea that we can fund our unviersites by selling oil and other things . And the fact is, the price of the things we sell are so volatile that we cannot even earn a steady revenue from them over time, so we have to take loans to make the difference. Meanwhile countries that are far more industrial than we are have money to fund their unis well well...AND STILL CHARGE HIGHER FEES.

So the students should go and sit down, and let their governor increase the fees. Or else they should accept the state governor charging taxes at a rate of 50% per annum for everyone...everyone including the beggar on the street...to give them free education, because that's how most sensible European countries like Denmark, where education is free in return for half your salary in taxes... do it. Or they should stop complaining about bad facilities and just accept them ...because one cannot pay N2000 for a Toyota corolla and expect to get a toyota. corolla.

Because, as one VC of one Nigerian university said three years ago...if you want Cambridge level degrees, you pay Cmabridge level fees.

Nigerians should stop engaging in magical thinking. Either we raise fees....or we raise taxes...or we take more loans ....or we stop complaining and accept the bad facilites as they are.

Good afternoon.
It's not everything you open your mouth waaaah...!! From your write up it shows you are way matured but you don't think or sound like one?? Do you even know what's happening in Unizik?? Have you even boarded to ask about the situation of things before jumping in?? Do you have any siblings studying in Unizik?? School fees increased by 150% and you want the students to remain quiet.....Baba you and that your Cambridge analysis should take the back seat....!!

1 Like

Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 13, 2021
donhils:

How much were they paying and how much has it been increased to?
It depends but it's mostly 28k conformated
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Issaboss(m): 1:18am On Jul 13, 2021
Ssoil:
Would have joined in the protest but I don already pay 66k school fees sad sad
Boss
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Issaboss(m): 1:19am On Jul 13, 2021
Ssoil:
Would have joined in the protest but I don already pay 66k school fees sad sad
You be final year student coz my own na 55200k
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by Issaboss(m): 1:23am On Jul 13, 2021
donhils:

How much were they paying and how much has it been increased to?
30k to 55200, some 56k
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by calcal: 1:40am On Jul 13, 2021
They are risking 5 years in jail
Re: Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) by vr0xen: 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
FMP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How 2 BSU Students Drowned In Benue River. Photos / Jamb Is Changing Our Subject Combinations!!! / They're Shooting Us! - Plateau Student Cries In Bokkos Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.