Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi (1278 Views)

Nigeria Elections 2023: The Allegations Against The Presidential Contenders -BBC / 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista / Atiku Ranks Number One, Buhari 12, On Twitter Trending Worldwide- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by Codedsamkeys: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
It was the campaign posters of Rotimi Chibike Amaechi and Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, all over the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, that brought discussions on the possible presidential candidacy of Amaechi in 2023 to the front burner. The posters, which did not have the logo of any Nigerian political party, had the face of Amaechi as President, and El-Rufai as the Vice President respectively.

Interestingly, Amaechi himself has remained quite modest over his chances of becoming Nigeria’s next president. Speaking on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, he said “only God knows Nigeria’s next leader”.
The former Rivers State Governor subsequently parried every effort to draw him into making revealing comments. He consistently insisted that he is focusing on his job as a minister under President Muhammadu Buhari and would not like to be distracted. “I am still the Minister for Transportation and only God can tell who will be the President of Nigeria in 2023,” he insisted.

However, one area that gave a strong hint to Amaechi’s veiled interest in 2023 was the firm backing he gave to the call for the All Progressives Congress (APC) to respect the zoning formula agreed upon at the formation stage of the party. It is obvious that zoning the presidency to the south, as speculated by most APC faithful, could favour his candidacy to some extent.
https://thejournalnigeria.com/buhari-contenders-amaechi/
Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by SmartPolician: 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2021
Amaechi is like another Buhari...he no send anybody. He has a mind of his own. The only difference is that Amaechi is smarter than the oldie and has human sympathy too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by budaatum: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2021
Amaechi and El Ruf. What a combination, though I fear it might be the other way round, El Ruf and Amaechi.

Either ways, not my tribesman jaguda bullion van!

thebosstrevor1 do please note.
Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by Kenpaly(m): 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
Amechi wil become de president if he strugle 4 it.he wil get suportas 4rm all zones.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by iokpebholo: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2021
I will personally like Amaechi to b d next president walahi.very smart and creative

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by nrexzy: 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2021
El rufai n Amaechi....

Visa versa
Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by josh123(m): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
Amaechi is a good choice. I dont want to see tinubu in that seat. Osibanjo and amechi is still another choice

1 Like

Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by RiceProducers: 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
SmartPolician:
Amaechi is like another Buhari...he no send anybody. He has a mind of his own. The only difference is that Amaechi is smarter than the oldie and has human sympathy too.

90% correct as to their approach to life.
I however don't think Amaechi is smarter than Buhari. Buhari's smartness has some depths to it that comes only with age and many years of operating in public life.
Buhari has measured the full extent of the Nigerian collective mind and he is contemptuous of it.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by limeta(f): 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
why must there be fulani there
Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by budaatum: 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2021
Someone claimed most of us Nigerians will only vote for our tribe or ethnic candidate. I of course disagreed. I am Yoruba and I will vote for Amaechi for president before almost any other Nigerian I could currently think of, and I most definitely will not vote for jaguda bullion van (well I might if he gave me the bullion in the van I suppose but definitely not because he's from my ethnic group or my tribe).

All you people saying Amaechi for president can not all be Amaechi's tribe person or ethnicity. Do tell me if I am wrong please.
Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by jamesversion: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
Amaechi all the way. He's better by far.
Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by F3dan: 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
I will support Amaechi's presidential ambition.
Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by Back2Daura(m): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
RCA IS THE WAY FORWARD.
Re: Presidential Contenders Who May Succeed Buhari (12): Rotimi Amaechi by Rickmann: 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
Codedsamkeys:
It was the campaign posters of Rotimi Chibike Amaechi and Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, all over the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, that brought discussions on the possible presidential candidacy of Amaechi in 2023 to the front burner. The posters, which did not have the logo of any Nigerian political party, had the face of Amaechi as President, and El-Rufai as the Vice President respectively.

Interestingly, Amaechi himself has remained quite modest over his chances of becoming Nigeria’s next president. Speaking on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, he said “only God knows Nigeria’s next leader”.
The former Rivers State Governor subsequently parried every effort to draw him into making revealing comments. He consistently insisted that he is focusing on his job as a minister under President Muhammadu Buhari and would not like to be distracted. “I am still the Minister for Transportation and only God can tell who will be the President of Nigeria in 2023,” he insisted.

However, one area that gave a strong hint to Amaechi’s veiled interest in 2023 was the firm backing he gave to the call for the All Progressives Congress (APC) to respect the zoning formula agreed upon at the formation stage of the party. It is obvious that zoning the presidency to the south, as speculated by most APC faithful, could favour his candidacy to some extent.
https://thejournalnigeria.com/buhari-contenders-amaechi/

I see everyone saying Amaechi is smart...truth is, a smart southerner is what the fulanis dread so much and don't want, so I doubt that's going to happen.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Vanity Upon Vanity As Regards Obi Cubana Mother"s Burial / Gov. Umahi Did Not Receive Any Money For Ranching - Presidency Makes U-turn / Your Enemy Is In Abuja, But You Are Punishing Yourselves In The SE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.