Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production (7765 Views)

How To Create A Cartoon Effect Of Your Photo Using Photoshop. / Ugly Scenes On Tube As Black Teen Hits Out At Racist Remarks / Pls Help,i Want To Edit My Movie,how Do I Remove The Scenes I Don't Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 10:13am On May 11, 2011
I apologise for being away from the forum for long but we’ve been busy on our cartoon project Bino and Fino. As some of you know there are a some studios out there trying to see if it is viable to produce a financially successful cartoon product in Nigeria. What we learn in our failures or successes will be important for those coming behind us. It’s about more action and less talk. But we still have to talk so I’ve set up a blog to show what’s going on behind the scenes on our project so other’s can see what we’re doing and how we are approaching this.

Here’s the link.
http://binoandfino./2011/05/11/the-making-of-a-nigerian-cartoon-show-pt1/

Subscribe to the blog if you are interested because I'm not too sure if I'll be able to repost here on Nairaland all the time.

Later.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by aljharem3: 10:56am On May 12, 2011
fino grin
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by theangel: 11:05am On May 12, 2011
Nice one, keep it up
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by DisGuy: 11:59am On May 12, 2011
Nice one, saw this dude on 'shoot the messenger'

hope nigerian institutions can try something new for once
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 12:28pm On May 12, 2011
Thanks for the comments guys. Thanks Admin from our team for putting the topic on the front page. Especially after putting up the Sesame Street on the NTA topic on the front page as well. 

Also if you are in the US or Europe you can buy the 1st Bino and Fino DVD for your kids for $10.00 off our website at http://www.binoandfino.com/

Spread the word if you can.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by MMM2(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2011
thanks
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by bababuff(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2011
When are we getting the DVD in Nigeria?
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 1:13pm On May 12, 2011
No problem.

Hear's a picture of the cartoon for people to get an idea of the style.
[img]http://binoandfino.files./2010/10/facebook-events-pic-family.jpg[/img]
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 1:22pm On May 12, 2011
bababuff:

When are we getting the DVD in Nigeria?

Thanks for your interest. We're working hard on setting up our distribution channels in Nigeria. To get the latest updates you can keep your eye on our website http://www.binoandfino.com/ and also in the Nairaland Graphics section.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by duduspace(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2011
Kudos guys, look forward to when you'll also move into the young adult and General family entertainment markets.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 12, 2011
I love the storyline, it is patriotic but boring. try to get some comedy into this
We are Nigerians, We can beat them
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by Booshman(m): 12:54am On May 13, 2011
I remember watching this about a week ago and enjoyed how charming it was. And to the person above me, CLOSE YOUR MOUTH! It's called "taking baby steps." If you try to jam too much into the first impression of new idea, it shows, and it makes the presentation look amateur. I wish much success for Bino and Fino! smiley
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by chichimma(f): 1:46am On May 13, 2011
Well done! Keep it up! I really like it cheesy
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by zarrek000(m): 5:12am On May 13, 2011
Hello

Do you need an artist, I am willing to assist if there is any room.

Paul
22C8003D
Canada
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 7:52am On May 13, 2011
sledjama:

I love the storyline, it is patriotic but boring. try to get some comedy into this
We are Nigerians, We can beat them

@sledjama Thanks. I can see how you might find it boring. You have to bear in mind that was our first pilot episode. We did it get feedback about pace, value, if children liked it, if parents saw the value in it educationally etc. The new episodes on the DVD are a step further. And we will keep on learning as we go. Another thing is that you might find it boring no matter what we do as it's aimed at a preschool kindergarten age group as well. And I personally want this cartoon to be a nice, calm educational one. We might do a more wacky funny one in the future!:-)

Booshman:

I remember watching this about a week ago and enjoyed how charming it was. And to the person above me, CLOSE YOUR MOUTH! It's called "taking baby steps." If you try to jam too much into the first impression of new idea, it shows, and it makes the presentation look amateur. I wish much success for Bino and Fino! smiley

@Booshman Thanks for the support. As you said it’s a step by step process and we’ll learn as we go and make it better. Sesame street etc didn’t mature in a day. We are also open to constructive criticism from Sledjama. We are aware that we can’t please everyone and don’t intend to. As long as we are providing a great educational resource to children within an African cultural setting we’ll be happy.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 7:59am On May 13, 2011
chichimma:

Well done! Keep it up! I really like it cheesy

@Chichimma Thank you very much for your support.

zarrek000:

Hello

Do you need an artist, I am willing to assist if there is any room.

Paul
22C8003D
Canada

@Zarrek Hi thanks for showing interest. We currently aren’t looking for an artist. Maybe when we ramp up for production on the next series of episodes. But it says you are based in Canada. We’re based in Abuja. One thing I’m very keen on is developing and training local talent when I can. So those are the guys we look for when we crew up. I hope you understand.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by biodun404(m): 7:37pm On May 13, 2011
Null
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by OKX(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2011
good job guys.
It can only get beta.

@biodun
any chance of u posting a sample file?
U cld get a commish from other parties.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by Nobody: 5:21am On May 15, 2011
Really nice and impressive!
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by timpaker(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2011
Good job Adamu! i can't believe the graphic!! its so tight and impressive!!!
i'd like to be part of this project,either voicing and otherwise. i stay in Abj. contact me if you can on timpaker@gmail.com
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 10:17am On May 15, 2011
biodun404:

Hey adamu.i'm interested in voice acting in the cartoon in there is a chance.i'm quite good in changing in my voice to any character i want.i'm based in lagos, 07033507970

Hi Biodun. We're crrently not looking but do you have any samples of your work? You can even just upload a file onto youtube or something. When we crew up for the next episodes we can take a look at your talents. Also as OKX said other people like him might be interested in hiring.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 10:20am On May 15, 2011
Dan9797:

Really nice and impressive! I'm also interested in the voice-acting opportunity-if there's any.
Abuja.

timpaker:

Good job Adamu! i can't believe the graphic!! its so tight and impressive!!!
i'd like to be part of this project,either voicing and otherwise. i stay in Abj. contact me if you can on timpaker@gmail.com

Looks like we have a lot of Abuja voice talent. Currently we aren't looking as we've done production on the 1st DVD. But when we crew for the next we might call you in for a casting. Thanks for showing interest guys.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 10:24am On May 15, 2011
@OKX Many thanks. You know all the behind the scene challenges. We have a long term plan for this and will keep pushing.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 16, 2011
u are jobless! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by lioncoolst(m): 12:27pm On May 17, 2011
Adamu. I must commend you for your ingenuity and thotfulness. cool Really cool! This is something I have always dreamed of but could never get myself to do, but seeing my fellow Nigerian brother delve into this aspect of work, I say, more power to your elbow. May our God give you the strength to do more than this. Thumbs up. wink
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by lioncoolst(m): 12:31pm On May 17, 2011
u are jobless!

Hey Dharniel! Y would you say he is jobless? shocked He has more than enough in his hands to do and you call him jobless!! Or to give you the benefit of the doubt, what exactly did you mean to say about this genius and an extraordinary guy? undecided
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 12:36pm On May 17, 2011
lioncoolst:

Adamu. I must commend you for your ingenuity and thotfulness. cool Really cool! This is something I have always dreamed of but could never get myself to do, but seeing my fellow Nigerian brother delve into this aspect of work, I say, more power to your elbow. May our God give you the strength to do more than this. Thumbs up. wink

Many thanks @lioncoolst. Though it's my initiative I have to say that this is a team effort and a small group of people have worked hard on this project. So I don't want to claim all the credit. :-) Thanks for the support.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by AdamuW: 11:01am On May 27, 2011
Here's the latest instalment in the 'Making of Bino and Fino cartoon' blog posts. http://binoandfino./2011/05/27/the-making-of-a-nigerian-cartoon-show-pt2/

Like I said, with these posts I'm trying to give animators and the general public a glimpse into the behind the scenes thoughts on the project. It will track our successes and failures.

In this post I lay down the reasons we decided to go with 2D as an animation method as opposed to 3D.
Re: Behind The Scenes Of A Nigerian Cartoon Production by aphek: 9:52pm On May 27, 2011
"Also 2D can be a more spontaneous way of working especially when it comes to creating colourful, unique worlds that kids love."
I think I might have to disagree with you on this one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Designer Here!!! / Canon EOS T7i/800D. AVAILABLE!!! / How To Choose A Logo Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.