Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

New Scam Format Alert - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Scam Format Alert (1064 Views)

New Scam: Otp Internet Technology, Oregun / Are You An Employer? New Scam Discovery / New Scam Method On Paxful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scam Format Alert by olurili(m): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
This message is for POS agents,please beware,a guy an okada man rush down to my shop this morning,telling me that the man on the phone want to talk to me,i collect the phone from him,talking to the man on phone,he said,i will help him deposit 50k into his account,that the guy in front of me will give me,that the 50k cash is with him,i told him all i have on my pos is 3k,he said is there another pos nearby,i said there is one very closeby,then i send the 3k,he said i should gave the guy the phone back,i gave him,he told the guy to go the that other pos,when he got there,he did the same way he did with me,few minutes later,the guy come back and told me he has been scammed,he said when the man call him,he act as someone that know him and said he want to send money through him to someone,that is why he rush down to my place thinking the person will send the money into my account and i will cash it out for him.....please dont fall victim

mod help move it to front page thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Scam Format Alert by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
You were lucky y'all should be careful

Same happened to two POS in my locality here

One lost close to 300k the other one lost 100k

The one that lost 100k was lucky he ran out of money
Re: New Scam Format Alert by olurili(m): 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2021
kenddys:
You were lucky y'all should be careful

Same happened to two POS in my locality here

One lost close to 300k the other one lost 100k

The one that lost 100k was lucky he ran out of money
i just saw it on facebook that they use this format to scam someone through generator
Re: New Scam Format Alert by SavageResponse(m): 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
olurili:
This message is for POS agents,please beware,a guy an okada man rush down to my shop this morning,telling me that the man on the phone want to talk to me,i collect the phone from him,talking to the man on phone,he said,i will help him deposit 50k into his account,that the guy in front of me will give me,that the 50k cash is with him,i told him all i have on my pos is 3k,he said is there another pos nearby,i said there is one very closeby,then i send the 3k,he said i should gave the guy the phone back,i gave him,he told the guy to go the that other pos,when he got there,he did the same way he did with me,few minutes later,the guy come back and told me he has been scammed,he said when the man call him,he act as someone that know him and said he want to send money through him to someone,that is why he rush down to my place thinking the person will send the money into my account and i will cash it out for him.....please dont fall victim

mod help move it to front page thanks

Immediately they started heading to the next shop you should have quickly called the other POS operator to tell him that you have no prior relationship with the Okada rider or the guy on the phone!

1 Like

Re: New Scam Format Alert by olurili(m): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2021
SavageResponse:

Immediately they started heading to the next shop you should have quickly called the other POS operator to tell him that you have no prior relationship with the Okada rider or the guy on the phone!

why this people dont have fear of GOD at all,why is this life like this,making people cry because you want to eat
Re: New Scam Format Alert by Nuelito: 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sorry to say this

That guy that gave you the phone,the okada man and the one you spoke with over the phone dey the same crew....they didn't scam the one that gave you the phone anything.

He just used that word to make you guys pity him too.

Dx world seff.....you have to be smart even without being told when it comes to business.
Re: New Scam Format Alert by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2021
olurili:
i just saw it on facebook that they use this format to scam someone through generator

Generator
How?
Re: New Scam Format Alert by olurili(m): 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
kenddys:

Generator
How?
he post generator advert on jiji,when someone contact him that he want to buy it,he ask him to send his address,he said his apprentice will deliver it second day...he now go to the same jiji again to go and look for who want to sell that type of generator,and he told that one to deliver it to the first guy address that he is not in nigeria,that he should go and deliver it to his brother,when he got there,he call the guy to forward money since his apprentice have bring the gen he order for,then the guy forward money to him...the guy told the other guy to bring gen,that one said he should bring money,the guy said have paid your boss just now look at the alert,then the guy that bring the generator(the seller)said what the man that order for the told me is that you are his brother that you will pay me when i deliver the gen to you,he said he is not in nigeria for now...they call his number switch off

3 Likes

Re: New Scam Format Alert by okooloyun1(m): 12:01am On Jul 13, 2021
olurili:
he post generator advert on jiji,when someone contact him that he want to buy it,he ask him to send his address,he said his apprentice will deliver it second day...he now go to the same jiji again to go and look for who want to sell that type of generator,and he told that one to deliver it to the first guy address that he is not in nigeria,that he should go and deliver it to his brother,when he got there,he call the guy to forward money since his apprentice have bring the gen he order for,then the guy forward money to him...the guy told the other guy to bring gen,that one said he should bring money,the guy said have paid your boss just now look at the alert,then the guy that bring the generator(the seller)said what the man that order for the told me is that you are his brother that you will pay me when i deliver the gen to you,he said he is not in nigeria for now...they call his number switch off
Wow! I really learnt something from this story.
Re: New Scam Format Alert by olurili(m): 7:34am On Jul 13, 2021
okooloyun1:
Wow! I really learnt something from this story.
there is one lady like that,she is dating a yahoo guy,but she dont know the guy is a fraudster,one day the guy promise her 500k,he ask her to send her business account details,she send the details to him,alert message enter the girl phone,the guy then call her that he make mistake while sending the money,he send 5million instead of 500k,the girl check it and said she will forward the money back,the guy said no need for transfer that he even need cash for something very urgent,so they both go to bank the second day to withdraw 4.5million,after she withdraw the 4.5million and hand it over to him,the guy told her that he is going somewhere very urgent,then he leave her at the bank.....second day police knock on the girl door,they said they trace 5million fraud transfer to an account that have her name on it,she said it was her boyfriend that send the money to her account....she call the boyfriend,number switch off,they go to bank to check the cctv footage of when they came to withdraw the money,all they see on camera was the girl and a guy that cover his face with a cap

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get These Plastic Chairs? / Need An N.g.o To Partner With On Youths And Women Enpowerment In Nigeria / Business Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.