Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,206 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

"All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy (30282 Views)

Arsenal Fan Racially Abused Saka On Twitter After Penalty Miss Against Westham / Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Mandzukic Shocked Over Penalty Decision Against Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2021
I don’t even know where to start and I don’t even know how to put into words how I’m feeling at this exact time.

I’ve had a difficult season, I think that’s been clear for everyone to see and I probably went into that final with a lack of confidence.

I've always backed myself for a penalty but something didn’t feel quite right. During the long run up I was saving myself a bit of time and unfortunately the result was not what I wanted.

I felt as though I had let my teammates down. I felt as if I’d let everyone down. A penalty was all I’d been asked to contribute for the team. I can score penalties in my sleep so why not that one? It’s been playing in my head over and over since I struck the ball and there’s probably not a word to quite describe how it feels. Final. 55 years. 1 penalty. History.

All I can say is sorry. I wish it had of gone differently. Whilst I continue to say sorry I want to shoutout my teammates. This summer has been one of the best camps I’ve experienced and you’ve all played a role in that.

A brotherhood has been built that is unbreakable. Your success is my success. Your failures are mine. I’ve grown into a sport where I expect to read things written about myself.

Whether it be the colour of my skin, where I grew up, or, most recently, how I decide to spend my time off the pitch. I can take critique of my performance all day long, my penalty was not good enough, it should have gone in but I will never apologise for who I am and where I came from.

I’ve felt no prouder moment than wearing those three lions on my chest and seeing my family cheer me on in a crowd of 10s of thousands. I dreamt of days like this. The messages I’ve received today have been positively overwhelming and seeing the response in Withington had me on the verge of tears.

The communities that always wrapped their arms around me continue to hold me up. I’m Marcus Rashford, 23 year old, black man from Withington and Wythenshawe, South Manchester. If I have nothing else I have that.

For all the kind messages, thank you. I’ll be back stronger. We’ll be back stronger.

MR10

Marcus Rashford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFBY9ZrleA

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Nyne: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2021
Ok.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Amotolongbo(f): 9:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
Rashford should have been left on the bench, while Henderson should have been given the chance to be on the field to take a kick.
Imagine taking off a matured and more experienced player when heading to a penalty shoot out for some young lads who have seen little.

A very one sided match. The Volkswagen toy car had more ball possession than England and moved a farther distance with the ball more than any English player on the pitch yesterday.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by RapistOnBail: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
sad

TrashFord did well by apologizing.

Fvck those white weaklings.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Sonnobax15(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
tongue
Funny enough those white monkeys don't care if you apologies or not shocked

They'd rather prefer having his black and big for nothing head hanged over Wembley to watching him bring his bad luck again to the english team tongue

5 Likes

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by saphiere(f): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
Apology accepted.

JUSTICE FOR CHIDINMA

7 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Gravity56: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021

Who come dey like full stop again ?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by hakym619(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
England loves Yuu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Olarewaju89: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sorry for your self... Na over hyping dey worry you and Sancho undecided

To slap you from here dey hungry me undecided

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by IgweOfNnewi: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
To those that cares

1 Like

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by EyezofGod120: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
grin ode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by TimmyTen(m): 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
Something seriously needs to be done about racist abuse because, for the amount we speak about people and footballers being racially abused, it keeps happening time and time again. Keep your head up Rashford.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Astra101: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
English fans really finished this guy, saka and Sancho with racist slurs.

The few that caught my attention were
1. Go back to Nigeria your country
2. It was all going well till Nigerians ruined it for us
3. Argentina and Italy won the trophy because no Nigerians in their teams.

....and I don't feel sorry for them at all because they choosed to represent England over their country.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by OfeAchi: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
Why don't you start by retiring from soccer?
Even if pep coach maurtd. You won't win any trophy.
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by TemmyDayo50(m): 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
fergie0o1:

I’m Marcus Rashford, 23 year old, black man from Withington and Wythenshawe, South Manchester. If I have nothing else I have that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by elmessiahs(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Man u and bad blood
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Nbotee(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sorry is all U can say and if they can't take it they shld go and die.. All their previous Golden Generation couldn't didn't get to the final and now they are taking their frustrations on a group of innocent talented youngsters

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by DoctorStylish: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Okay
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
I have come to realize that this guy has complex issue. He always rant on color as if he is the only black player in the team.
He started making sense until he got to that color aspect that's when I knew that something is wrong with this guy or something is really wrong somewhere

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by ayusco85(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Foolish boy.
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by westfield: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Ok
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Fragility6: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Southgate like all other english coach na scam. Change rashford,sancho for penalties both miss

1 Like

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Mrjonah(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Go thank your God say you don apologize i for give you hot slap grin cheesy grin
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Queenserah26(f): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Apology accepted grin
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by NwaNimo1(m): 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2021

6 Likes

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Thinktwicemybro: 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2021
Renounce your British citizenship and come back to Africa, those colourless people don't deserve you.
Let them cry for all I care.

16 Likes

Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2021
Nice
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by olufolarin2222: 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2021
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by arukwe123(m): 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2021
Everytime sorry. Fvck off undecided
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by Sunnypa11(m): 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
Saka nko
Re: "All I Can Say Is Sorry": Rashford Apologises Over Penalty Miss Against Italy by espn(m): 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
Guy is always apologising...Abeg grow up...no need to dey shalaye...

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today Is Francisca Ordega's 30th Birthday. / Nigerians Storm Super Eagles Camp In Cario, Egypt Ahead Of AFCON 2019 / Salah Over Osimhen: Amuneke Responds Strongly Amidst Barrage Of Criticisms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.