Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,391 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda (849 Views)

How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / Congratulations Beaf, You Did A Great Job, / Beaf : Jonathan ebele azikiwe Goodluck Root Is Igbo, And Not Ijaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda by blacksta(m): 12:15pm On May 11, 2011
Guyman02:

Too much talk talk. I worked in that plant (Alaoji) as a technical Adviser, and I have told the government that the EPC Contractor Rockson Engineering does not have the capability to deliver on such a huge turnkey project because there hands are full with too many power contracts.
Even in America where i have worked a project of such magnitude will require at least 3,000 workers (both skilled and unskilled) working simultaneously; both what I saw on site four years ago and till date is just a paltry 250 workers who only work during sunlight on the open cycle plant not to mention the inactivity on the combined cycle phase.
The turbines have been skidded on the foundations after the problem of crossing Imo River was solved at a huge sum, but the switch-yard is far from being ready; so how do you even evacuate any power generated?
Our concern is not only on the integrity of the pipelines but on the turbines and generators which have been poorly preserved since the were imported into the country in 2005.
Alaoji power plant should have been completed since 2007 and here we are today talking about gas pipeline measurement 12'', 18'', 24'' (absolutely disgusting).
1074MW Alaoji if the truth be told is three years away from commissioning at the pace the work is ongoing. The pipeline issue is just a gimmick to deceive Nigerians, I am on ground there and I can say it under my NL false ID unequivocally without fear but with a lot of frustration at how the people are being lied to.
[size=15pt]The power situation in the country with the current trend is far from being solved unless GEJ decides to face fact which he will find difficult to do at least in the next one year because the biggest contributors to his election campaign are contractors, manufacturers and consultants in the power sector where a bulk of the nations budget is being sunk without commensurate level of delivery.[/size]

Re: Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda by blacksta(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2011
Is The Fg Really Serious About Improving Power Supply?  - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-663363.0.html

I am yet to see your posts on the above topic  - yet you and your cohorts go round posting inaccurate news in relation to the electricity issues in Nigeria
Re: Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda by blacksta(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2011
Beaf:

Lol!

Anyways, Liyel Imoke was seriously probed, I'm sure even stones were blistering with rage at the time as well. Nothing came of the probe as we all know, its a sad part of our wretched history.
Concerning GEJ, there are already scheduled dates for new plants to come into operation and where they are late, announcements with reasons are given; eg an additional 1,266MW was slated to be delivered by the end of this month, but only 843MW (about 70%) is deliverable by the end of May 2011. This is still an appreciable figure and the reasons are given here:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201104260248.html

If there was to be the same hoodwinking we had in the past, we would have been getting funny "not possible in 50 years" style statements, instead we have several verifiable landmarks. I'm certain that the supply of electricity would have increased very noticably by the end of this year, otherwise call me when you wanna burn the place down, and I'll be the general. grin

We should be close to 24/7 power supply by 2013, except power demands rocket up.
Re: Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda by ekubear1: 1:06pm On May 11, 2011
If GEJ privatizes and increase tariffs, then we'll have 24/7 electricity in at least some parts of the country.

Main thing is for government to get out of the business as much as possible, imo
Re: Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda by PapaBrowne(m): 2:58pm On May 11, 2011
eku_bear:

If GEJ privatizes and increase tariffs, then we'll have 24/7 electricity in at least some parts of the country.

Main thing is for government to get out of the business as much as possible, imo

Seconded. The good thing is that this is exactly what he is doing. And this is the top most reason many people voted for him.
Re: Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda by blacksta(m): 4:05pm On May 11, 2011
eku_bear:

If is a conditional statement - Ones does not plan to privatise a company and yet is spending billions on the same company - makes no sense at all shocked
Re: Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda by Fidelo726: 4:44pm On May 11, 2011
The power situation in the country with the current trend is far from being solved unless GEJ decides to face fact which he will find difficult to do at least in the next one year because the biggest contributors to his election campaign are contractors, manufacturers and consultants in the power sector where a bulk of the nations budget is being sunk without commensurate level of delivery.

You bring in another person's opinion as fact for us to debate on.
I believe you need a wikileak to get more fact on how to nail your worst enemy, GEJ.
YOU NEED TO STOP THIS PROPAGANDA.
Re: Beaf - You Need To Read This - Please Desist From Propaganda by jmaine: 5:00pm On May 11, 2011
Fidelo726:

The power situation in the country with the current trend is far from being solved unless GEJ decides to face fact which he will find difficult to do at least in the next one year because the biggest contributors to his election campaign are contractors, manufacturers and consultants in the power sector where a bulk of the nations budget is being sunk without commensurate level of delivery.

[size=16pt]You bring in another person's opinion as fact for us to debate on.[/size]
I believe you need a wikileak to get more fact on how to nail your worst enemy, GEJ.
YOU NEED TO STOP THIS PROPAGANDA.

Nice

(1) (Reply)

Guys,gals; What Can We Do About The Boko Haram Problem? / Obahiagbon Roars / Nigeria’s Nnpc Seeks $1.5 Billion Bank Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.