Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,806 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income (18793 Views)

Mu’azu Sambo: FG Will Borrow To Fund Rail Projects / We Borrow To Pay Salaries, Says Ortom / 2022 Budget: FG Will Borrow To Finance ₦6.258trn Deficit - Zainab Ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by CodeTemplar: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2021
And we are hearing of 100 million being lifted out of poverty.
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by ALLFATHER14: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
lazkizz:
When my My grandma was alive she lived below $1 a day but she never went to bed hungry because she grew her own product... Back then if you dash her money she go dash the money to her lil grandkids she had no use for it. Following the white man's definition of poverty (one who lives on less than $1 a day), you'd conclude that my grandma was poor, but in reality she was wealthy.

What a sheit and rubbish comparison. Your grandma lived under Buhari economy abi!!??. Did your grandma pay transport to work!!?? Did your grandma buy data!!?? Did your grandma have to buy fuel!!?? Did your grandma have a car!!?? Did your grandma have a certificate to get a job to have steady income!!?? Did your grandma go through the hell interpreneurs go through under this regime!!??

Before you blame the white man for the failures of this rubbish government remember that Rwanda are doing just fine after years of war and the white man themselves are better. All these brainless Buhari apologists sef.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by bejeria101(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thanks to the hardworking last cowbender.
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2021
Dmavin:
I thought they said everyone has gone back to farming recently

Abeg Jari I will Design a Professional Logo or Company Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

MY Contact Here
https://www.nairaland.com/dmavin

Nor be money person go start farming? Person nor go dey ear before the plants mature for harvest? Where is the land for gaming when you herdsmen and their cowing roaming about and destroying crops here and there?
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by descarado: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
Sighs lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by RichAbujaGuy: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
MansoryMX:
Still! The idiot lock borders against foodstuffs. Which sane person lock borders against food from neighboring countries if not a daytime witch. Who does that!

[img]https://media1./images/21131d0988f996d094987caf48bb7084/tenor.gif?itemid=13752202[/img]

The point is to grow our own, have adequate home supply, and extra to export and to successfully compete in the global markets.
Pppl are too class conscious to work the soil on any level, instead dey rather consume all that dead food packaged crap in the op. See all that fat on the back of that woman on the left and her gigantic belly?

Imagine many are investing more time watching football and bbnaija then relieving empty stomach pains, then complaining about government this and government that everyday. cheesy

Allotment (gardening)
>>An allotment garden (British English), often called simply an allotment, or in North America, a community garden, is a plot of land made available for individual, non-commercial gardening or growing food plants. Such plots are formed by subdividing a piece of land into a few or up to several hundred parcels that are assigned to individuals or families. Such parcels are cultivated individually, contrary to other community garden types where the entire area is tended collectively by a group of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotment_(gardening)#:~:text=An%20allotment%20garden%20(British%20English,gardening%20or%20growing%20food%20plants.

Contents
1 Socio-cultural and economic functions
2 Around the world
2.1 Austria
2.2 Canada
2.3 Czechoslovakia
2.4 Denmark
2.5 Finland
2.6 France
2.7 Germany
2.8 Malta
2.9 Netherlands
2.10 Norway
2.11 Philippines
2.12 Poland
2.13 Portugal
2.14 Russia
2.15 Sweden
2.16 United Kingdom
2.17 United State
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by Basicend: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
On top all.this, Buhari is about to pass PIB bill and increase fuel price to 3x . .

So.na heaven una still.dey now ooooo.

God.will.scatter and destroy all the plans of.enemies of. Nigeria IJN.
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by Decency2020(f): 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
Asgard73:

Southern unity..

It won’t work... the problem is the disloyalty between Yoruba Muslims and Christian to odua cause ..
how much more to other southerners...

I don’t call it betrayal .. but where the loyalty lies.

Let’s remain the way we’re in the south .. southwest and south.

Till yoruba Muslim wakes up to southern unity

THAT MUMURIC MAN DISGUSTS ME LIKE HELL. I CURSE THE DAY THE MUM CONCEIVED HIM

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by MansoryMX(m): 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
RichAbujaGuy:

The point is to grow our own, have adequate home supply, and extra to export and to successfully compete in the global markets.
Pppl are too class conscious to work the soil on any level, instead dey rather consume all that dead food packaged crap in the op. See all that fat on the back of that woman on the left and her gigantic belly?

Imagine many are investing more time watching football and bbnaija then relieving empty stomach pains, then complaining about government this and government that everyday. cheesy

Allotment (gardening)
>>An allotment garden (British English), often called simply an allotment, or in North America, a community garden, is a plot of land made available for individual, non-commercial gardening or growing food plants. Such plots are formed by subdividing a piece of land into a few or up to several hundred parcels that are assigned to individuals or families. Such parcels are cultivated individually, contrary to other community garden types where the entire area is tended collectively by a group of people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotment_(gardening)#:~:text=An%20allotment%20garden%20(British%20English,gardening%20or%20growing%20food%20plants.

Contents
1 Socio-cultural and economic functions
2 Around the world
2.1 Austria
2.2 Canada
2.3 Czechoslovakia
2.4 Denmark
2.5 Finland
2.6 France
2.7 Germany
2.8 Malta
2.9 Netherlands
2.10 Norway
2.11 Philippines
2.12 Poland
2.13 Portugal
2.14 Russia
2.15 Sweden
2.16 United Kingdom
2.17 United State

Your point are baseless. Look at the countries you mention. Are you normal? Do those country practice open grazing? Do those countries discuss cow matters on daily bases? Are farmers in those countries attacked and kill on daily bases? Do the military in those countries kills her own people on daily bases? Does those countries have no electricity? No portable road? A third world country like Nigeria hasn’t gotten to that point yet. A country that is bankrupt hasn’t gotten to that point, a country with so much insecurity hasn’t gotten to that point, a country filled with so much hate and nepotism hasn’t gotten to that point. So what exactly is your point young man? The people you say who are watching BBN and football are graduates with no job who are entrepreneurs, the people you say are watching BBN and football are the ones generating external revenue through their hustling with social media like Twitter and Instagram, the people you called lazy are not the Northern youth who wallows in hard drugs, illiteracy and primitiveness. Compare the price of a bag of well breed and polished foreign Asia rice when border was open. It was sold for 17,500 and local rice sold for 9,000. How much is local rice today? Roughly 26-30k. Do the economic statistics, get fully naked, stand on a mirror and ask yourself, Am I normal or bewitched not to see how useless my life is by supporting the evil of this administration? Should I continue?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by hansomb: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
Very soon bread will begin to sell at #1000 for big sizes. Meat pie, fishroolls etc snacks will disappear because it will be too expensive to produce and unworthy to buy. Local sardine is now more than 300. Titus has disappear. Something I used to play with in my undergraduate days. Mai suya no longer sell for 100 except from 200 naira. 20 naira has become virtually useless, 50 naira is now equivalent of 10 naira 1000 equivalent of 500 naira. God save us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by Jlow2: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2021
IGBO MAN DEFINITION OF ECONOMY
2014-1,000,000naira,=4,000,000cfa
2021-1,000,000naira,=1,100,000cfa
dnt allow AL-QAEDA PEOPLES CONGRESS, APC to deceive you with lies

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by RichAbujaGuy: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
MansoryMX:

Your point are baseless. Look at the countries you mention. Are you normal? Do those country practice open grazing? Do those countries discuss cow matters on daily bases? Are farmers in those countries attacked and kill on daily bases? Do the military in those countries kills her own people on daily bases? Does those countries have no electricity? No portable road? A third world country like Nigeria hasn’t gotten to that point yet. A country that is bankrupt hasn’t gotten to that point, a country with so much insecurity hasn’t gotten to that point, a country filled with so much hate and nepotism hasn’t gotten to that point. So what exactly is your point young man? The people you say who are watching BBN and football are graduates with no job who are entrepreneurs, the people you say are watching BBN and football are the ones generating external revenue through their hustling with social media like Twitter and Instagram, the people you called lazy are not the Northern youth who wallows in hard drugs, illiteracy and primitiveness. Should I continue?

Anyone can grow a supply of food within their own compound right in the city. All it takes is some fertile soil, sunshine, and water.
Cubans are poorer or just as poor as the masses in Naija but don't have to borrow money for their daily bread. As far as open grazing that issue is being resolved by many governors forming 21st century backbone. Look for less insecurity in the land as audio rabble rousers & terrorists receive language that dem understand, get docked or run like Usain Bolt and hide like roaches when the DSS turns the light on.

BTW, I didn't use the term lazy youths, you did but if it applies to the discussion then let it ride.

Why So Many Cubans Grow Their Own Food
For decades, activists have promoted urban agriculture on the outskirts of Havana.
Suzanne Cope
January 29, 2016, 3:11 PM EST
Why So Many Cubans Grow Their Own Food
For decades, activists have promoted urban agriculture on the outskirts of Havana.
Suzanne Cope
January 29, 2016, 3:11 PM EST
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-29/why-so-many-havana-residents-grow-their-own-food

Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by RichAbujaGuy: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
MansoryMX:

Your point are baseless. Look at the countries you mention. Are you normal? Do those country practice open grazing? Do those countries discuss cow matters on daily bases? Are farmers in those countries attacked and kill on daily bases? Do the military in those countries kills her own people on daily bases? Does those countries have no electricity? No portable road? A third world country like Nigeria hasn’t gotten to that point yet. A country that is bankrupt hasn’t gotten to that point, a country with so much insecurity hasn’t gotten to that point, a country filled with so much hate and nepotism hasn’t gotten to that point. So what exactly is your point young man? The people you say who are watching BBN and football are graduates with no job who are entrepreneurs, the people you say are watching BBN and football are the ones generating external revenue through their hustling with social media like Twitter and Instagram, the people you called lazy are not the Northern youth who wallows in hard drugs, illiteracy and primitiveness. Compare the price of a bag of well breed and polished foreign Asia rice when border was open. It was sold for 17,500 and local rice sold for 9,000. How much is local rice today? Roughly 26-30k. Do the economic statistics, get fully naked, stand on a mirror and ask yourself, Am I normal or bewitched not to see how useless my life is by supporting the evil of this administration? Should I continue?

I'll continue, thank you very much. Only posting part of the open grazing current events news. Sometimes the NL bot can't digest too much information.

Northern and Southern Governors have banned open grazing in Nigeria

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/northern-and-southern-governors-have-banned-open-grazing-in-nigeria/

By Femi Falana

At the virtual meeting of Northern Governors Forum held on February 9, 2021, the members unanimously resolved to ban open grazing. According to the communique issued at the end of the meeting, it was stated that the Forum noted with concern “the growing wave of insecurity in the country particularly as it relates to the circulation of unverified video clips on social media portraying violent attacks on persons in some parts of the country. Therefore, the forum called on political leaders to segregate between criminality and social groups in their domains with a view to treating criminals as criminals.

The forum reiterated the condemnation of every form of criminality whether from herders, hunters, or farmers occupying forest reserves illegally. It also noted with concern the tension generated by the eviction order issued to herdsmen in some parts of the country. And it expressed concern that this is heating the already fragile security atmosphere with threats of reprisals which the Northern governors are working assiduously to contain.”

The forum also noted with concern that “the current system of herding conducted mainly through open grazing is no longer sustainable in view of growing urbanization and population of the country.”
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by notym2chektym: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
Please the government should set up a price control task force, things have gotten out of hand. I can no longer bear this daily and weekly hike in price of foods and commodities
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by Chuksmonika(m): 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2021
Abeg if you dey borrow from these loan apps, abeg try dey pay back on time oo, make you no make them close shop.

These loan apps are kinda live savers when eh set!
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by jimmynauty: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
There is a lifting up...amen
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by stormborn28(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2021
Splitmind:
FAKE NEWS! More rubbish by international agents of destruction to tarnish our President's reputation. How many hungry people have you seen this week?
ZoneB have been noticed
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by stormborn28(m): 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
lazkizz:
When my My grandma was alive she lived below $1 a day but she never went to bed hungry because she grew her own product... Back then if you dash her money she go dash the money to her lil grandkids she had no use for it. Following the white man's definition of poverty (one who lives on less than $1 a day), you'd conclude that my grandma was poor, but in reality she was wealthy.
another ZoneB
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by Arda1000(m): 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
Echowas:
That's why loan apps are standing in our face despite their despicable actions
grin the final nail to the coffin for anyone who borrow there
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by History555: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
lazkizz:

Really all your grandma did was eat. She did not bath or wash abi she was planting her own soap. Your grandma did not fall ill, did not wear clothes, did not buy candle or lamp.... Your grandma planted all she eat including bread, palm oil, egusi, yam, beans, rice, okro she planted all.

Oga it's better to keep quiet and be thought of as wise than open your mouth and remove all doubts that you are foolish
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by History555: 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
Splitmind:
FAKE NEWS! More rubbish by international agents of destruction to tarnish our President's reputation. How many hungry people have you seen this week?

Have seen one. You
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by Shalomdee(f): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
Things are moving from bad to worse as prophesied in the Bible. We are living in the last days. We all need to embrace Jesus so He can help us overcome these hard times. Christ is coming soon. Accept Him into your life today.
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by justmondris: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
Say baba lololololololol
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by justmondris: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
History555:

Have seen one. You
Why did you waste your time and MB to answer him?
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by justmondris: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
History555:

Have seen one. You
Why did you waste your time and MB to answer him?
Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by Poleski: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
ChiefSosa:
All I know is that I'm not paying back any of buhari's debts. If he can borrow, then he must pay before he leaves or when he leaves. China and other countries should hold buhari's blockus and demand their money.
I have just #580 (I had to buy 2 sachets of pure water while trekking around Nigeria looking for work) with me and I'm not giving anybody my money.
Countries should start putting this sign at their border whenever buhari wants to enter or talk with them.

Unfortunately, Buhari knows he won't live long after he leaves the Presidency. That's why he borrows heavily and enrich himself with no regard for how the debts would be repaid!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income by Echowas: 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
Arda1000:
grin the final nail to the coffin for anyone who borrow there
nobody send them again jare. Plenty people dey owe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Troops Neutralize Three Bandits, Recover Weapons In Kaduna (photos) / Jonathan Denies Endorsing Atiku / Abuja Fuel Queues Disappear As NNPC Pumps 67 Million Litres Of Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.