Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,278 members, 7,954,100 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

'i'll Never Apologise For Who I Am' - Rashford Responds To Racist Abuse & Opens - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'i'll Never Apologise For Who I Am' - Rashford Responds To Racist Abuse & Opens (193 Views)

Taison In Tears, Gets Red Card For Reacting To Racist Abuse (Photos) / Mario Balotelli Kicks Ball Into Crowd, Walks Off Pitch After Racist Abuse(photos / Bulgaria Vs England Match Stopped Twice Due To Racist Abuse At Players (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'i'll Never Apologise For Who I Am' - Rashford Responds To Racist Abuse & Opens by plethora007: 10:03am On Jul 13, 2021
Nigeria

Back
Other English editions
Deutsch
English
Español
Français
Indonesia
Italiano
Magyar
Nederlands
Português
Türkçe
Việt Nam
العربية
ไทย
한국어
日本語
简体中文
繁體中文

Back
Australia
Bahrain
Cameroon
Ghana
India
Ireland
Kenya
Kuwait
Malaysia
Nigeria
Oman
Philippines
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
South Africa
Tanzania
Uganda
UK
United Arab Emirates
USA
LIVE SCORES

ENGLAND
'I'll never apologise for who I am' - Rashford responds to racist abuse & opens up on Euro 2020 final penalty miss
Goal
Last Updated1 hour ago
06:3013 Jul 2021

Getty Images
ENGLAND
EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP
ITALY V ENGLAND
MARCUS RASHFORD
ITALY
MANCHESTER UNITED

The Manchester United forward has paid tribute to his team-mates and the outpouring of support he's received after his spot-kick miss at Wembley

Marcus Rashford has said that he has "felt no prouder moment" representing England at Euro 2020 and that he "will never apologise for who I am and where I came from" after he was subjected to racist abuse following the Three Lions' defeat to Italy.

Gareth Southgate's side were beaten 3-2 on spot kicks in the Euro 2020 final, with Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka the three players to see their efforts fall short, leading to the trio receiving abhorrent racist messages online.

Reflecting on his miss in the shootout, Manchester United forward Rashford admits that "something didn't feel quite right" before he stepped up to take the penalty, while he has vowed the Three Lions will "be back stronger".

(1) (Reply)

Salernitana In Talks To Sign Simy Nwankwo And Joel Obi / Naijabet Booking Codes For Today's Events / Stamped Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.