Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

North Will So Loose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Will So Loose (540 Views)

Shehu Sani: The North Will Produce Another President In 2023 If… / Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 / North Will Field Better Candidate For 2023 Presidency – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Will So Loose by referendum01(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2021
Going by the recent trend of events in Nigeria, everyone is most like now permutationist if there is any word like that. Our atmophere has been so hit by different typed of wind. The wind of bad leaders, Northern hegemony, terrorism, banditry, secessionists, Kidnapping and fulani herdsmen not forgetting the agitation for separation.

Over time, the Northern elites have made all Nigerians to believe that the raging fire is also consuming them even when it looks like in all intent and purpose the fire are politically motivated. No doubt, the North had suffered so much in recent past with grave consequences that will take years to reverse if ever.

But of course who really cares what is happening to bunch of savages across the ocean. According to history, the North has ruled Nigeria more than all other region put together have. Their political calculations has favoured them from every strata of our national life.

It is no longer news that the North presently occupy every strategic position in our nation. Although this is not a new thing, but this height of nepotism became obvious and under the Buhari regime and it is unacceptable and condemnable.

In the real sense of it, the North has contributed nothing to this nation rather they take and take and take and when other region speak up they are vehemently opposed and haunted using the apparatus of state.

More, countless secret appointments has been uncovered in our parastatals and reported in national dailies. It is no longer a hidden thing that from Nimasa to NNPC, to our armed forces, paramilitary, CBN, NPA ecetera has become Northernized.

A careful listen to every newly established institution has been located in the North. Sometime ago, I came across a list comprising federal establishemts in Kaduna state alone and I couldn't help but shake my head and asked what exactly we are still doing together with these people up North.

But when you come to the South, you hardly feel the presence of federal government especially South East and South South regions. Apart from maybe Lagos and port Harcourt, I don't know any other state in the South that can boast of any meaningful federal establishment in the last decade. Everything begins from North and ends in the same North.

This clear marginalization has led to all kinds of grievances. Among the many is MNK and Sunday Igboho who have risen to demand for a separation from Nigeria as a result of the broaday injustices. As usual these garmaine calls had been greeted with military intimitations, harassment and extra judicial arrest and executions.

One then begin to wonder if there is not law that supports self determination. Another question that comes to mind is, is it a must that Northern and Southern protectorate remains together even when the odds are against it? Even a blind man knows that the union has long elapsed?

Sadly, the North has allowed themselves to be used to open the eyes of the Southerners. Today, Southern governors are more united than ever. They now find the need to hold meetings in the interest of the South. All things truly works together for good.

Truth is, in the whole madness handed down South by the North, the North is gradually pushing the South to seceed. The recent madness is the refusal for the South to produce the next president. Even when they would have had their fair share of uninterrupted eight years under Buhari regime by 2023.

The North must be reminded Southerners are not fools. They must also be told that peradventure the Southerners has acted foolishly before now, foolishness may have expiry date. Therefore, any further push from the North will lead to the South taking some critical decisions that will bother on South separating from North forever while maintaining an independent nation.

Another way the North will get their finger burnt if their madness does not stop is that most of the middle belt states if not all will choose to go with the South rather than remain with the North. I am not a prophet but I see that happening. This decision will further balkanize the North by land mass, population and economic strength.

My point is, the North should call themselves to other. They must address the issue of marginalization of other regions. They must unopposedly allow the South to produce the next president or face the consequences.

God bless me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Will So Loose by Mbataku96(m): 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
God bless you indeed my brother
Re: North Will So Loose by sureukraine111: 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2021
E remain 2 years...

A southerner should enter and redouble Buhari's effort...

All service chiefs, Head of agencies, Parastatals, juicy appointments MUST Go to the south, Infact, from the new Presidents tribe.

That is the new normal enabled by Buhari
Re: North Will So Loose by Powersurge: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2021
It's lose!
Re: North Will So Loose by Realadey(m): 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
grin
Re: North Will So Loose by nthony10: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
Please narrow it down to Fulani.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Case Against Me Won’t Affect My APC National Chairmanship Bid — Yari / Alleged Sack: Simon Ekpa Blasts BBC Reporter, Says Biafra Uncompromisable / ANAMBRA 2021: Anambra Grassroot Movement Collapses Political Structures Across

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.