Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

My Dream For Ijaw/Izon Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Dream For Ijaw/Izon Republic (265 Views)

1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw / The 21 Storey Building For Iocs: Udom Emmanuel's Dream For Akwa Ibom State And / The 21 Storey Building For Iocs: Udom Emmanuel's Dream For Akwa Ibom State And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Dream For Ijaw/Izon Republic by Ebitimi44: 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
Nigeria as an entity had been quite a place when we are all subjugated enough that we forget who we are, as an Ijaw person however I do have my own priorities.

Ever since the discovery of Oil in Ijaw land, we had been made to face all forms of dehumanization as a people, I keep saying it anytime I get the opportunity to prepare my own people for a possible post Nigeria, post oil or just prepare for the Future.

I must say that as Ijaw people we have to be wise on our body languages and I'm happy with the manner our elders had handled things lately, making sure that the relationship between our neighnours are reinstated especially our relationship with the Igbos.

The Igbos are one of our closest kin in Nigeria and they will most likely offer a better relationship for us, as surprising as it might seem, we either chose the Igbos or the Yorubas but on personal observation, working with the Igbos will offer us better advantages like I had always maintained.

The Igbos although not landlocked has limited sea access compared to their production capacity, as a manufacturing and trade region, the Igbo people have better capacity to give us a more diplomatic advantage.

All options remains on the table, but we need to step up as Ijaw people, if well managed, Izon has every thing needed to be a great Mordern country or even as a part of Nigeria.

We have abundant Hydrocarbons, Abundant sea access, arable lands and more, why then can't we prosper as a people, before this whole Nigerian stuff we had been the great Ijaw people, who was the undisputed leader of the coast, our Neighbours of Igbo people and others did bring their palm from the hinterland which lead to the rise of the then mighty city of Bonny and even Opobo, We have great advantages as Ijaw people to turn our privileges to wealth but that will be mostly fast and possible when we are strategic.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nairalanders, What Happened To The $5million "Nigeria Air" Venture? / Video: There's No Prophet Without A Fake Prophecy, Prophet Who Wrongfully Predic / Fulani Terrorism And The Buhari Sympathy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.