Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw (4643 Views)

Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments / Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP / Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 9:43am On Feb 22, 2022
We have watched with bemused astonishment at the ridiculous charade by some misguided ijaws otherwise known as jo-men in trying to rewrite the history of the Bonny aborigines. This elements have gone to the extent of telling Bonny people that they should stop speaking their mother tongue (Igbo language) and instead speak ijaw. The funny thing in all these is that Bonny aborigines does not just have a rich culture and tradition that is more advanced than those of the landgrabbers, but equally has a history that is greater. When Bonny was already a famous city-state, these jo-men were mere teeth-filing savages who lived on boats and constituted nuisance as pirates. Even the Europeans hadly traded with them because they were largely disorganized and uncivilized.

Anyways, let's even ignore the insult of even asking the great people of Bonny to abandon their mother tongue, the language spoken by their forefathers and accept that of landgrabbers. Now, here are other reasons why the Bonny aborigines will never jettison Igbo language in favour of ijaw;

1. Bonny along with Opobo has one of the greatest historical exploits in the Niger Delta, far above those that want to recolonize them.

2. As native Igbo speakers, Bonny people have access to over 40 million other Igbo speakers across SS, SE and beyond. What this means is that they could easily join Igbo associations anywhere in Nigeria or abroad and enjoy the benefits. E.g. they can easily join Igbo trade associations in Alaba, ASPAMDA, Ariaria, Onitsha main market, Sabon Gari etc. mind you, discussions in their meetings are always conducted in Igbo!

3. Who in his right senses will abandon a majority it is already part of in favour of a minority?

4. Igbo language has evolved and has a central dialect no clan/tribe can claim as theirs. For instance, an Afikpo man or Nsukka woman has the option to communicate with their clans men in their dialect without others being able to understand fully what they're saying yet they can also easily switch to central Igbo or Igbo Izugbe and Igbos from all works of life will understand!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 9:43am On Feb 22, 2022
5. Although Nigeria uses English as its lingua Franca, it also recognizes 3 others as national languages I.e. Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. That is why most national broadcast that is made in English will equally be translated into these 3 languages. Also, our currency, the naira is written in both English, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba!

Again, when you pick any popular beverage product, check the direction/how to use section and you will see it will be written in these 4 languages!

The telecommunication companies also has dedicated lines for Igbo customer care service!

Even ATM machines have Igbo language option too!

It doesn't end there, the most popular pay TV companies in Nigeria, namely DStv/multichoice, Startimes and even the national television NTA all channels like Africa magic Igbo, Isimbido, NTA Igbo etc. But I have never seen anyone that has ijaw grin grin it really sulks to be a minority grin grin

Yet these landgrabbers want Bonny people to lose all these advantages shocked shocked

15 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 9:43am On Feb 22, 2022
Lol, I got busy with a client only for a teeth-filing pirate to claim that I ran away? Why should I run away from a beautiful thread like this grin grin

Back to the topic!

6. Ijaw language may have offered an advantage during old Rivers State, however since Bayelsa was created for them, that advantage was lost. On the other hand, being able to speak Igbo language offers a huge advantage in modern Rivers State simply because an overwhelming majority speak the language!

Wike can easily go to Etche, Bonny, Opobo, Obigbo, P.H etc and communicate in Igbo to the admiration of the locals. Same with Amaechi, Peter Odili etc. And there is also why only Igbo speakers have been ruling the state since 1999 and it doesn't seem like it's going to change anytime soon! So asking Bonny people to a abandon Igbo in favour of ijaw is like asking them to commit political suicide cheesy cheesy The only place ijaw language can offer any advantage is in Bayelsa! They're chronic minorities in other states they find themselves cheesy cheesy

7. Bonny people are 99.9% Christians, asking them to abandon Igbo language is like sabotaging their faith. Majority of Christian songs in Nigeria are sang in Igbo and the most celebrated artists are also Igbos too, so how would they enjoy all those songs if they abandon the language?

8. Like I stated earlier, being native Igbo speakers offer great advantage unlike ijaw that offers non! One is a majority language spoken by over 40 million people while the other is a minority language spoken by a handful of batcher dwellers in the creeks grin grin

If Timaya wasn't smart to adopt Igbo language, he would probably still be jumping from one bar in P.h to another one in yenagoa if he were to be singing in his native ijaw language. But today, he is among the most popular musicians in Nigeria! Harrysong and Duncan Mighty have followed same part by singing in Igbo in other to achieve fame!

9. Aside the fact that Igbo ethnic group is a majority in Nigeria unlike the ijaw, the former has also developed its language that Igbos anywhere in the SE, SS, NC or even Equatorial guinea and Gabon can easily understand one another once they're speaking Igbo Izugbe. However, the so-called ijaw language is not mutually intelligible. Some that claims to be ijaw in Bayelsa may not be able to understand another from Rivers or Ondo and neither do they have a central Ijaw language. Nothing unites them in anyway except their fantasy that any coastal dweller must be ijaw cheesy cheesy

I can go on and on to list other reasons why it would be sheer madness to expect Bonny aborigines to abandon their Igbo mother tongue in favour of ijaw but I will stop here for now.

13 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by TooMuchStuff: 9:46am On Feb 22, 2022
History n Revised History 101

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by BlackAdam55(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2022
In all of this your write up,how come we don't see the Bonny people championing igbo cause? I mean, how come we hardly see these Bonny people bearing Igbo names? And besides, not all of Bonny people speak or used the Igbo language.
Eg,the likes of IBANI people,fininma people even hakiama people don't even speak Igbo

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by LikeAking: 9:55am On Feb 22, 2022
Op u no even from Bonny.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by LikeAking: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2022
BlackAdam55:
In all of this your write up,how come we don't see the Bonny people championing igbo cause? I mean, how come we hardly see these Bonny people bearing Igbo names? And besides, not all of Bonny people speak or used the Igbo language.
Eg,the likes of IBANI people,fininma people even hakiama people don't even speak Igbo

He knows nothing about Bonny.

Bonny people should be the list ND village Biafrans should eye.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Investigative: 10:01am On Feb 22, 2022
Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by LikeAking: 10:11am On Feb 22, 2022
EastisBae:
5. Although Nigeria uses English as its lingua Franca, it also recognizes 3 others as national languages I.e. Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. That is why most national broadcast that is made in English will equally be translated into these 3 languages. Also, our currency, the naira is written in both English, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba!

Again, when you pick any popular beverage product, check the direction/how to use section and you will see it will be written in these 4 languages!

The telecommunication companies also has dedicated lines for Igbo customer care service!

Even ATM machines have Igbo language option too!

It doesn't end there, the most popular pay TV companies in Nigeria, namely DStv/multichoice, Startimes and even the national television NTA all channels like Africa magic Igbo, Isimbido, NTA Igbo etc. But I have never seen anyone that has ijaw grin grin it really sulks to be a minority grin grin

Yet these landgrabbers want Bonny people to lose all these advantages shocked shocked

In your imagination.

Let me tell u.

The existence of Biafra wont solve any problem. Its will only inflate the Igbo ego then deflate the Igbo race.

The problem with African tribes is our bad character, primitive mind sets, low standards and lack of deep thoughts. We just hate to think, we also hate to hear or say the truth.

Having a new country wont solve any problem. Same corrupt politicians will invade and decay the political and economical infrastructure in the new African country.

U saw N Kanu wearing Fendi abi? He is no different from the average Nigerian leader. Also, Asari Dokubo has not created any impact in his community, but choose to invest in Benin republic. He is hiding his loot from his own people. Typical African man.

Oga go and fight for your own future, not the future of Biafra or even Nigeria, or your tribe.

What you give to ur sef is the best. What odas will give u may b rubbish!.

Trust no one.

Make u relax.

We dont need another country.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by SaintBishop: 10:14am On Feb 22, 2022
EastisBae:
You wey create thread you don run typical Igbo clown.cowardness runs in you all of you savages DNA

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by izac82: 10:23am On Feb 22, 2022
EastisBae:
We have watched with bemused astonishment at the ridiculous charade by some misguided ijaws otherwise known as jo-men in trying to rewrite the history of the Bonny aborigines. This elements have gone to the extent of telling Bonny people that they should stop speaking their mother tongue (Igbo language) and instead speak ijaw. The funny thing in all these is that Bonny aborigines does not just have a rich culture and tradition that is more advanced than those of the landgrabbers, but equally has a history that is greater. When Bonny was already a famous city-state, these jo-men were mere teeth-filing savages who lived on boats and constituted nuisance as pirates. Even the Europeans hadly traded with them because they were largely disorganized and uncivilized.

Anyways, let's even ignore the insult of even asking the great people of Bonny to abandon their mother tongue, the language spoken by their forefathers and accept that of landgrabbers. Now, here are other reasons why the Bonny aborigines will never jettison Igbo language in favour of ijaw;

1. Bonny along with Opobo has one of the greatest historical exploits in the Niger Delta, far above those that want to recolonize them.

2. As native Igbo speakers, Bonny people have access to over 40 million other Igbo speakers across SS, SE and beyond. What this means is that they could easily join Igbo associations anywhere in Nigeria or abroad and enjoy the benefits. E.g. they can easily join Igbo trade associations in Alaba, ASPAMDA, Ariaria, Onitsha main market, Sabon Gari etc. mind you, discussions in their meetings are always conducted in Igbo!

3. Who in his right senses will abandon a majority it is already part of in favour of a minority?

4. Igbo language has evolved and has a central dialect no clan/tribe can claim as theirs. For instance, an Afikpo man or Nsukka woman has the option to communicate with their clans men in their dialect without others being able to understand what they're saying yet they can also easily switch to central Igbo or Igbo Izugbe Igbos from all works of life will understand!
Igbo dialects, regardless the distance is mutually understandable to an Igbo speaker from another clan.
I was listening to an Ika lady speak yesterday with her brother, I got to understand most of what she was saying, except for the use of tongue and no much difference from what we speak here in Ebonyi.

12 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by izac82: 10:27am On Feb 22, 2022
BlackAdam55:
Bonny indigenes introduced a new masquerade to Opobo recently, guess the name of the masquerade? Agu na Madu, an all Igbo words.
I saw some Ijaw guys from Bayelsa complaining bitterly on why it is not Siri la Komkom cheesy e go hard una sha to force someone to speak a language different from his mother tongue. cheesy cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by izac82: 10:28am On Feb 22, 2022
LikeAking:

In your imagination.

Let me tell u.

The existence of Biafra wont solve any problem. Its will only inflate the Igbo ego then deflate the Igbo race.

The problem with African tribes is our bad character, primitive mind sets, low standards and lack of deep thoughts. We just hate to think, we also hate to hear or say the truth.

Having a new country wont solve any problem. Same corrupt politicians will invade and decay the political and economical infrastructure in the new African country.

U saw N Kanu wearing Fendi abi? He is no different from the average Nigerian leader. Also, Asari Dokubo has not created any impact in his community, but choose to invest in Benin republic. He is hiding his loot from his own people. Typical African man.

Oga go and fight for your own future, not the future of Biafra or even Nigeria, or your tribe.

Trust no one.

Make u relax.

Nna, nobody is talking about Biafra here. zuru ike

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by BlackAdam55(m): 10:32am On Feb 22, 2022
izac82:

Bonny indigenes introduced a new masquerade to Opobo recently, guess the name of the masquerade? Agu na Madu, an all Igbo words.
I saw some Ijaw guys from Bayelsa complaining bitterly on why it is not Siri la Komkom cheesy e go hard una sha to force someone to speak a language different from his mother tongue. cheesy cheesy
How come Bonny people don't bear Igbo names? what you see or may not see are just your words. Next time don't play with my intelligence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by BlackAdam55(m): 10:34am On Feb 22, 2022
LikeAking:

I was hoping for them to give me a straight answer.None are yet to answer my question.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 11:11am On Feb 22, 2022
LikeAking:

In your imagination.

Let me tell u.

Trust no one.

Make u relax.

I can't really place where your problem is actually coming from, inability to read and understand? Lack of logical reasoning? What exactly?!

How does this crap you wrote relate to the discussion here??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by SaintBishop: 11:13am On Feb 22, 2022
BlackAdam55:
Theses Dumbo's don't even know the Bonny they are dragging. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Ogbodobeogbodo: 11:29am On Feb 22, 2022
The ljaws are simply jealous of the lgbos achievements during and after the civil war. I agreed that what Zik did against prof Eyo Etta during the run up to the 1956 election was wrong and should be condemned, that was where the Ijaws used to sow the seeds of bitter divisions between the lgbos and their minority brothers, some greedy ljaw men never expected that the lgbos will survive the bloody civil war. They did everything to turn our lgbo brothers in Rivers,Cross River, Akwa lbom, Delta states etc against their brothers in the hinterland, the blood is thicker than water, every lgbo man anywhere in the world know that he is Igbo,the happy thing now is that the lgbo man all the world is quietly reestablishing their link to the lgboman lineage.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 11:31am On Feb 22, 2022
BlackAdam55:

And who told you they haven't been championing their Igbo heritage? They speak the language, celebrate the culture and traditions yet you're asking such question?

Now read the attached excerpts from a press release few days ago by Bonny United Front, an indigenous umbrella group from the island.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 11:34am On Feb 22, 2022
SaintBishop:
Theses Dumbo's don't even know the Bonny they are dragging. cheesy

Are you sure you're not referring to yourself as the DUMBO here considering how re.tar.ded your one-line sentence is grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 11:46am On Feb 22, 2022
LikeAking:

[s]

[/s]

Stop typing rubbish, this post has nothing to do with Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by BlackAdam55(m): 11:47am On Feb 22, 2022
EastisBae:

And who told you they haven't been championing their Igbo heritage? They speak the language, celebrate the culture and traditions yet you're asking such question?

Now read the attached excerpts from a press release few days ago by Bonny United Front, an indigenous umbrella group from the island.
Post the full screenshot what are you afraid of? Why are you hiding the author name?
And you are yet to answer my question, why are Bonny people not bearing Igbo names?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Igo9(m): 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Ogbodobeogbodo:
The ljaws are simply jealous of the lgbos achievements during and after the civil war. I agreed that what Zik did against prof Eyo Etta during the run up to the 1956 election was wrong and should be condemned, that was where the Ijaws used to sow the seeds of bitter divisions between the lgbos and their minority brothers, some greedy ljaw men never expected that the lgbos will survive the bloody civil war. They did everything to turn our lgbo brothers in Rivers,Cross River, Akwa lbom, Delta states etc against their brothers in the hinterland, the blood is thicker than water, every lgbo man anywhere in the world know that he is Igbo,the happy thing now is that the lgbo man all the world is quietly reestablishing their link to the lgboman lineage.
u nor too mumu like dis?

When are you coming to Opobo and raise igbo or biafra flag na

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2022
BlackAdam55:
Post the full screenshot what are you afraid of? Why are you hiding the author name?
And you are yet to answer my question, why are Bonny people not bearing Igbo names?

If you want us to have an intellectual discussion then you should reason like someone who is educated. Why should I post an entire press release and spam everywhere when an excerpt of it already explains everything?

Didn't you read where it was stated that even though Igbo and ijaw names coexist in Bonny due to their dual heritage, but their mother tongue since the beginning has always been Igbo!

Are you trying to feign ignorance or just being silly?

12 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by BlackAdam55(m): 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2022
EastisBae:

If you want us to have an intellectual discussion then you should reason like someone who is educated. Why should I post an entire press release and spam everywhere when an excerpt of it already explains everything?

Didn't you read where it was stated that even though Igbo and ijaw names coexist in Bonny due to their dual heritage, but their mother tongue since the beginning has always been Igbo!

Are you trying to feign ignorance or just being silly?
You are not intelligent enough to have any intellectual conversation with me,your brain no reach.
And no, I don't trust you igbos,you are very cunning and shady,post the name of the author of that screenshot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by shortIGBOman: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2022
EastisBae:

4. Igbo language has evolved and has a central dialect no clan/tribe can claim as theirs. For instance, an Afikpo man or Nsukka woman has the option to communicate with their clans men in their dialect without others being able to understand fully what they're saying yet they can also easily switch to central Igbo or Igbo Izugbe and Igbos from all works of life will understand!

Emeka, stick to your 4 Eastern States. Ebonyi, Imo, Enugu and Abia States.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
BlackAdam55:
You are not intelligent enough to have any intellectual conversation with me,your brain no reach.
And no, I don't trust you igbos,you are very cunning and shady,post the name of the author of that screenshot

You're such an empty coconut head!

So, I should post an entire press release to prove what? The most relevant part of it relative to our discussion is the excerpt I posted here. When you want to make a case at the law court, you don't quote the entire constitution rather only parts that are relevant to the case!

Gosh, most of you batcher dwellers are bereft of sound reasoning.

9 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by EastisBae: 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2022
Amaechi should hurry up and complete that bridge so we could have direct land access with all our Ndoki/Asa people. Opobo people already have a strong base in Aba, so it's time to connect Bonny too cool

10 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by ebufa: 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
SaintBishop:
You wey create thread you don run typical Igbo clown.cowardness runs in you all of you savages DNA

see these teeth filing, canoe dwelling heathen calling the great Igbo race savages! wonders shall never end! anyway, the Fulanis that are giving you backbone are being de-fanged one tooth at a time! when the world is through with disarming the Fulani...we will treat Ijaw f*ck up! your mouths are getting too big!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by BlackAdam55(m): 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
EastisBae:

You're such an empty coconut head!

So, I should post an entire press release to prove what? The most relevant part of it relative to our discussion is the excerpt I posted here. When you want to make a case at the law court, you don't quote the entire constitution rather only parts that are relevant to the case!

Gosh, most of you batcher dwellers are bereft of sound reasoning.
Who wrote that article? Ghost? Who conduct the press spirits?
So you only post the parts that favors you? If you want to win an argument the best thing to do is to be honest through and through.Like I said,you are not intelligent enough to have any conversation with me

1 Like

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by Eastlink(m): 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
I concur op

2 Likes

Re: 1001 Reasons Why Bonny Indigenous People Will Never Abandon Igbo For Ijaw by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 2:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
[s]
LikeAking:

In your imagination.

Let me tell u.

Trust no one.

Make u relax.

[/s]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Have 1.8bn Litres Of Fuel For February And March - NNPC / Tinubu Vindicated: Oyinlola And Oni's Call Logs Fake - Mtn, Nsa / Enugu Community, Igga Owns Oil Wells That Anambra/orient petroleum Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.