Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,608 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Correct Tyre Pressure - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Correct Tyre Pressure (827 Views)

Slip Indicator And Tyre Pressure Sign Refused To Go / What Is The Correct Tyre Pressure For My Car? / Tyre Pressure Advice Photo Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correct Tyre Pressure by Observer007(m): 5:53am On Jul 14, 2021
Hello auto gurus in the house, which is the correct tyre pressure guide to follow: what's written on the tyres or what's pasted on the driver's side of the car? Or the usual 40/45 psi that most vulcanizers are wont to administer?

On my saloon car (ES), the tyre pressure indicated is 29 psi (cold pressure), while on the tyres it's recommended at 44psi. All so confusing!

Personally, I've always insisted on 35 psi on all four tyres. But now I'm afraid I might be under-inflating the tyres which can lead to quicker wear.

What do you advise?

Cc: HeavenlyBang, Kingreign, Gazzuzz, Nurey, Radauto....
Re: Correct Tyre Pressure by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:18am On Jul 14, 2021
Observer007:
Hello auto gurus in the house, which is the correct tyre pressure guide to follow: what's written on the tyres or what's pasted on the driver's side of the car? Or the usual 40/45 psi that most vulcanizers are wont to administer?

On my saloon car (ES), the tyre pressure indicated is 29 psi (cold pressure), while on the tyres it's recommended at 44psi. All so confusing!

Personally, I've always insisted on 35 psi on all four tyres. But now I'm afraid I might be under-inflating the tyres which can lead to quicker wear.

What do you advise?

Re: Correct Tyre Pressure by kingreign(m): 6:50am On Jul 14, 2021
Observer007:

On my saloon car (ES), the tyre pressure indicated is 29 psi (cold pressure) , while on the tyres it's recommended at 44psi. All so confusing!

What do you advise?

Stick to what's on the car tyre sticker info. Pls note that as air warms up, it expands, so it entails you pumping only early in mornings before driving off or very little drive when the tyre has not heated up.
Re: Correct Tyre Pressure by Observer007(m): 7:18am On Jul 14, 2021
kingreign:

Stick to what's on the car tyre sticker info. Pls note that as air warms up, it expands, so it entails you pumping only early in mornings before driving off or very little drive when the tyre has not heated up.

But on the tyre it's 44psi...!

Going by your explanation, it's bound to expand to an even higher figure after driving for a good while. I've never imagined 50psi on a salon car under any circumstances.

Here to learn.
Re: Correct Tyre Pressure by kingreign(m): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2021
Observer007:

But on the tyre it's 44psi...!

Going by your explanation, it's bound to expand to an even higher figure after driving for a good while. I've never imagined 50psi on a salon car under any circumstances.

Here to learn.

Leave tyre pressure. Stick to car recommended Cold Air Pressure.
Re: Correct Tyre Pressure by Observer007(m): 7:38am On Jul 14, 2021
kingreign:

Leave tyre pressure. Stick to car recommended Cold Air Pressure.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Correct Tyre Pressure by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
I try to keep mine at around 35psi fully heated. So about 30psi cold.
Re: Correct Tyre Pressure by Observer007(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
HeavenlyBang:
I try to keep mine at around 35psi fully heated. So about 30psi cold.

Noted. But isn't that an SUV?

Why do most vulcanizers inflate up to 40 psi, sometimes 45 psi, if you don't tell them what you want?

(1) (Reply)

Honda Genuine ATF DW-1 / 2012 Honda Accord Auto Folding Mirror Issues / Cost Of Fuel: What Is The Best Fuel Economy Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.