Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

What Specie Of Snake Is This? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Specie Of Snake Is This? (486 Views)

See Specie Of Snake Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) / I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
I've been killing these particular type of snake in our camp recently but today I decided to ask to know the specie if it's highly venomous or not

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Vulcanheph(m): 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
Op, be rest assured that this thread will make it to FP.... our super mod (a well known snake enthusiaist will do the needful.

Ftc
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? by xpressionx(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2021
snake
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? by ChiefSosa(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2021
Seems like a Natrix or Grass snake. I'm sure you have several toads, salamanders, frogs or other small animals around your camp, that's why you're seeing these snakes. They're not venomous though(although I'll still advice you get rid of them). They even avoid(or are intimidated by) humans 'cause of size/height difference.
Kindly clear your surroundings properly and make sure you get rid of those amphibians. Make sure you're not allowing water in the grass or else the snakes will be there. Or you can just move to Ireland, there are no snakes there.

Hattbricker:
Yes it was drinking water by the tap when I saw it.
Just imagine!!
Tell the snake to gerrarahere. Why did it not pump water to drink when there was light? So, snake no get ordinary #10 to buy pure water outside abi? Na to dey drink another person own. Next thing, d snake go dey bring jerrican and dispenser bottle to come fetch water for tap. Nigerian snakes are lazy. If the money dey, you can keep bag of water, so whenever the snakes are thirsty, they'll just collect one sachet and go without disturbing you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? by illicit(m): 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
The head nko
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Seems like a Natrix or Grass snake. I'm sure you have several toads, salamanders, frogs or other small animals around your camp, that's why you're seeing these snakes. They're not venomous though(although I'll still advice you get rid of them). They even avoid(or are intimidated by) humans 'cause of size difference.
Yes it was drinking water by the tap when I saw it.
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
illicit:
The head nko
threw it away
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? by CodeTemplar: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
I suspect today is OP's birthday and he wants to make FP.
Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? by shattman(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2021
I Almost stepped on this one, thank God for phone torch.

Re: What Specie Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2021
CodeTemplar:
I suspect today is OP's birthday and he wants to make FP.
lol I just want to know the specie if it's venomous or not.

Cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Opening Remarks From Lifechanyuan / Buhari Leaves For Global Summit In London, Meets British PM Boris Johnson, Kenya / Who Is Jackie B, The Daughter Of Former State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.