Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting (32787 Views)

CBN Under Investigation Over Financial Crimes, Smear Campaigns / Eagle's-Eye View Of APC Presidential Rally In Kaduna (Pictures + Video) / Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by ManirBK: 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
EFCC Launches App for Online Reporting of Economic Crimes

The Economic and Financial Crimes commission, EFCC, on Wednesday, July 14, 2021, launched an App, Eagle Eye, designed to ease the process of reporting economic and financial crimes in Nigeria.

Speaking during the launch, the Executive Chairman of the Commission, Abdulrasheed Bawa, described the App, being the first of its kind by any law enforcement agency in Nigeria, as a product of ingenuity by a staff of the Commission, being an application that was conceived, designed and developed by the EFCC.

According to the EFCC chairman, the initiative is a clear demonstration of his pledge on assumption of office, to run an agency that is technology-driven. “The Eagle Eye represents a new experience in information sharing and crime reporting between the public and the EFCC”, he said.

Apart from complementing the existing channels for reporting economic crimes, the unique advantage of this application, the EFCC Chairman further explained, is that it eliminates direct person-to-person interface in the reporting process and guarantees anonymity which is an added incentive to effective whistle blowing.

While appealing to members of the public to take advantage of the App in bringing cases of corruption and economic crimes to the knowledge of the EFCC, Bawa said, “with the App, those who hitherto were afraid to report corruption cases to the Commission either for fear of being identified by the culprits or having their identities revealed, can now do so with the assurance of full anonymity”.

He emphasized that the Eagle Eye App, will go a long way in aiding the reportage of fraudulent activities of individuals particularly in the case of Money Laundering through Real Estate. “With the Eagle Eye, Nigerians and Non Nigerians can easily take a picture of a property suspected to have been fraudulently or corruptly acquired and report through the App seamlessly”.

He also said that as media practitioners, journalists occupy vantage positions not only in helping to bring the knowledge of the application to the public, but also making use of it and helping others to understand how it could be deployed to further the fight against economic crimes including corruption. “With the Eagle Eye, you have at your fingertips a device that will ultimately ensure that there is no hiding place for the corrupt in Nigeria”, he further explained.

On how it works, the EFCC Chairman said, Eagle Eye is a user friendly application, with features that can be navigated by any literate person. The first step, he said, is to download it to device from either the Apple of Google play store.

For those who want to key into the Whistle Blowing Policy of the Federal Government and obtain reward for reporting corruption, the EFCC Chairman said such persons should indicate in the information they are providing; just as he said that there are penalties clearly stipulated in the laws, for giving false information that could mislead the Commission.

https://www.facebook.com/509762239046271/posts/4264239633598494/

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by ManirBK: 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
Welcome development.Please let's make the best use of the app we should not give this looters any breathing space we're going to suffocate the looters.
God bless Nigeria

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Echowas: 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2021
Once the EFFC APP starts asking for permission to access location, read contacts, camera and other nonsense permission grin my guy add 1 + 1

381 Likes 27 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by TUANKU(m): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
If you're suspicious of any app, it is helpful to review the raw http access log files, as backdoor usage is typically done through a POST HTTP request.
Just saying cheesy

People who are asking how to do this, anyone can view access logs the problem is understanding what you are viewing grin
There are apps that you can use to view access log files too but personally i don't use that( i do it on a Linux computer) and if you know how to read access log files you can know what data is leaving your device (phone) and which is coming in.

Ok while we are here if you are a FirstBank customer go and change your online banking login details because First Bank username and passwords have been on sale on a forum on the dark web for over a month now grin grin grin...when i saw it i quietly informed my sister to change her details and the rest to figure it out the hard way grin.
If you report to the bank they will be more interested in how you got the information rather than solving it and next thing you're dealing with the police.
Before i forget, Access Bank customers too will do well to change theirs too, a bird told me they're not safe either grin grin grin

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Seniorwriter(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
Blind eagle eye that can't trace financial crimes of Politicians Politiefians.

EFCC looks to me like a witch hunting organ set up by Nigerian federal government.
Very bias outfit to a fault!!!

SMH @their Blind Eagle Insect eye.
@Nairalanders Echowas & TUANKU well done.... Soon Nairaland's Moderators Eagle Eyed Bot will get you both for DERAILING this thread! Watch out.

Franzinni:
A nice witch hunting tool... Haha

If I don't like anyone I can use eagle eye.

On social media people get swatted. Where your enemies can lie to the police that you have guns or some thing that warrants the attention of a seat team breaking down your door ...sometime while you are busy live streaming your thing.

This your eagle eye is even counter intuitive because a lot of false positive will be called which you will put a hole in resources.

But to their credit they are trying and also I don't even know what the app can do so I should simply wait and see...

Bravo guys let's clean up our nation
wink smiley
louqas:

Yoruba say an elder does not behave like a child

Senior writer writing like a junior or immture writer . A witchunting organ you call EFCC? how many people that didnt steal that have been arrested?
Two governors are in jail courtesy EFCC...numerous civil servants .....lots of monies recovered but heres a senior writter badmouthing all that....not good enough senior writer
SMH @you...so to you EFCC is working !?
Yet they couldn't account for monies they even recovered? Gross mis-appropriation of funds going on each passing day in the country.
If they were working holistically we'll have more than just two Governors imprisoned by now. Stop playing the ostrich....EFCC is just a tool in the hands of the politicians.
louqas:

So to you EFCC is not working.....keep playing the ostrich. Not that they are perfect or dont have any issues but to say they are not working is deceiving oneself....the greatest tragedy of man is to deliberately deceive himself
You don't really comprehend that narrative emboldened that I used since you can admit those other statements I also emboldened of fact about EFCC in your comment / response.
Howbeit my opinion about EFCC stands for now until they start to holistically act accordingly vis a vis their full meaning ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION.
Kindly move on as I like to indulge in productive(new information or something everyone can learn from) convos rather than just for quoting sakes.
Stay woke and financially intelligent.
Stay out of crime and get a residual income means for financial sufficiency!.

ThatFairGuy1:
Jargons[s][/s]
Are you a troll?

@Seniorwriter

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by TUANKU(m): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2021
Echowas:
for MALE
M for Miyetti Allah grin

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Echowas: 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2021
TUANKU:

M for Miyetti Allah grin
Hmmm naa so o

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Franzinni: 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2021

On social media people get swatted. Where your enemies can lie to the police that you have guns or some thing that warrants the attention of a seat team breaking down your door ...sometime while you are busy live streaming your thing.

This your eagle eye is even counter intuitive because a lot of false positive will be called which you will put a hole in resources.

But to their credit they are trying and also I don't even know what the app can do so I should simply wait and see...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by udele1: 7:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
The app should be for banditry reports.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2021
Very Good Development.

Brb......

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
Franzinni:

You called this witch-hunting again?
We dey cum...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by ManirBK: 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
TUANKU:
Cow eye
Say NO to corruption now!
Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by MadamVanessa(f): 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
Uselessss apps.

No need.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by TUANKU(m): 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Blind eagle eye that can't trace financial crimes of Politicians Politiefians.

EFCC looks to me like a witch hunting organ set up by Nigerian federal government.
Very bias outfit to a fault!!!

SMH @their Blind Eagle Insect eye.
@Nairalanders Echowas & TUANKU well done.... Soon Nairaland's Moderators Eagle Eyed Bot will get you both for DERAILING this thread! Watch out.

wink smiley

@Seniorwriter
grin
Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Franzinni: 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
post=103710790:

You called this witch-hunting again?
We dey cum...

With good reason .... nah you I go first blow lie give efsisi on top him head. Make I see if e go work haha

When red monkey jacket men with Efcc come chop suya nah then you go cum on the spot.

Hahaha

But on a serious note I hope they thought it through thoroughly

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Monogamy: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
Which one be eagle app again?

They do not need any app if they really want to arrest corrupt politicians.. Just ask them to explain how they spent money on projects

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by DankemzI(m): 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Now haters can report those Yahoo boys oppressing em.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by samuel19222(m): 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
Damnnn niggarrr issoright, na to Dey use vpn access am

Echowas:
Once the EFFC APP starts asking for permission to access location, read contacts, camera and other nonsense permission grin my guy add 1 + 1

You over sabi

mbahdi:
May dis b d portion of any soul still surporting dis occultic evil buhari regime

Na you kill them?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
This Upcoming Female Blogger Want To Spoil Good Name:

See The Trending Thread As Posted By NaijaCoverBlog Via https://www.nairaland.com/6651333/why-some-female-upcoming-blogger#103715673
Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by WiszyFraud: 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
ManirBK:
Welcome development.Please let's make the best use of the app we should not give this looters any breathing space we're going to suffocate the looters.
God bless Nigeria

grin grin
Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Mayng01(m): 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
Yahoo don enter am
Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Topmaike007(m): 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
ManirBK:
God bless Nigeria
even you, you save grin
Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by FactBoyz: 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2021
grin
Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Ademola47(m): 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2021
There we go again.

EFCC has basically compromised its mandate. I think the first thing should be getting the mandate right. At times, they nab Yahoo boys, round up political 'threats', in some rare cases, they event bust 'drug' dealers. By drug dealers, I mean some niggardly dressed weed takers/sellers on the street.

They keep working as NDLEA, ICPC, SARS, DSS at once.

Their duty should be well defined. Their full name ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION should serve as guide.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by just2endowed: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
TUANKU:
If you're suspicious of any app, it is helpful to review the raw http access log files, as backdoor usage is typically done through a POST HTTP request.
Just saying cheesy

How will one go about this
Re: EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting by Suspect33(m): 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
Na now wey I wan launch my own bombing career na im this people dey misbehave grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Marvels At Hawkers’ Skills In Traffic / Pastor Osagie Ize-lyamu Campaigns In Fugar, Edo North (Photos) / My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.