Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released (307 Views)

Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead / Activist Arrested In Kaduna For ‘insulting Prophet Muhammad’ On Facebook / Detained Nigerian Activist, Chido Onumah Has Been Released By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 5:52am On Jul 15, 2021
Nigerian activist, Kunle Garb,who was arrested and prosecuted by Benin Republic, has been released.

Garb, in a statement he personally signed on Wednesday, said he was released on Tuesday from the Porto-Novo Prison.

He, however, said he had no regrets over his unlawful arrest and detention by Benin Republic police officers .

Recall that Garb was arrested at Igbokofi market in Yewa-North Local Government Area of Ogun State about three weeks ago.

He said arrested by Benin Republic policemen for resisting their encroachment on the Nigeria land through Igbokofi village.

In his statement, Garb described his arrest and prosecution as unlawful, saying he passed through hell in the Benin Republic Prisons.

He urged the government to take the issue of encroachment seriously and attend to the needs of the people of Igbokofi.

The statement read partly, “I was released on Tuesday. 13th of July, 2021 from Porto-Novo Prison around 8.15pm.

“My fellow country men and women, fellow compatriots, I have no regrets passing through all I went through in the hands of Benin Republic government for Nigeriaif these are speedily executed for Igbokofi people:

“Making Ijoun-Igbokofi road motorable, ensuring the returning of the pillars removed by Benin Rep and replanted to favour their country, instructing all security agencies of Nigeria to have their post in Igbokofi, especially the police.

“Without doing the above, my unlawful arrest and detention will be a waste and I’ll see it as a punishment in vain.”

His wife in message to our correspondent hailed the return of her husband.

https://punchng.com/nigerian-activist-arrested-for-protesting-benin-republics-encroachment-released/
Re: Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released by moriss33(m): 5:54am On Jul 15, 2021
He should take heart
Re: Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released by Jlow2: 5:59am On Jul 15, 2021
Nigeria will not even recognize him
Re: Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released by Sunnybay7: 6:11am On Jul 15, 2021
He urged the government to take the issue of encroachment seriously and attend to the needs of the people of Igbokofi.
The government needs to heed this call asao
Re: Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released by Maxymilliano(m): 6:12am On Jul 15, 2021
There are lawmakers representing that part of the country at the State House of Assembly and National Assembly, his demands should follow through appropriate channels to get the attention it deserves
Re: Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released by Ejebleje: 6:33am On Jul 15, 2021
Its ogun state, nothing will happen. Infact, they're already ceding lands to Lagos state so if Benin needs to grab, there'll be no resistance. Man has gone to jail for nothing.
Re: Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released by Lawlab5: 6:41am On Jul 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released by yanabasee1(m): 6:42am On Jul 15, 2021
He was arrested in his motherland by a foreign police.... And Nigerian government was busy romancing itself .

Seems this government hates the word 'activist'
Re: Nigerian Activist Arrested For Protesting Benin Republic’s Encroachment Released by Generalnomercy: 7:27am On Jul 15, 2021
Yoruba's won't see how their own brother languished in a foreign prison for defending his people but they will be busy calling IPOB and Nnamdi kanu out as he is their God.

(1) (Reply)

Oginni Warns Gov. Abiodun, OGSIEC Against Tampering With Imala Ward Result / I Have Reconciled With Gov Wike – Atiku / 3 Reasons Why Ayo Fayose Should Be Made PDP National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.