Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead (26827 Views)

Peter Obi Visits Nabeeha's family, Condoles With Folashade Ariyo (Photos) / ‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by naptu2: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2022
BREAKING: Popular Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead

SaharaReporters learnt that the activist died of lung cancer.

October 27, 2022

A human rights activist and Executive Director of Adopt A Goal Initiative, Ariyo-Dare Atoye has died.

The activist died in Abuja on Thursday.

His death was announced by his colleague, Deji Adeyanju, who tweeted on Thursday afternoon, My brother comrade Ariyo Dare Atoye has gone to be with the Lord. He was looking at me till the last moment. From God we came, and it is certain to Him we will return.”

SaharaReporters learnt that the activist died of lung cancer.

The activist, who had been in critical health condition for weeks, in a short text message he sent from his sick bed to SaharaReporters in mid-October, said he needed prayers from Nigerians to save his life.

At the time, Ariyo was battling with the disease in a hospital in Abuja.

The text message read, "Activist Ariyo-Dare Atoye in a critical health condition. Down but not out, Jesus got me, pray for me."

Atoye was a frontline human rights crusader who stood against oppression, injustice and forces and actions that sought to undermine civic and media space.

The activist played a major role in the passage and signing of the Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2022 into law through a coalition called Civil Society Partners on Electoral Reform (CiSPER).

He led several protests against the initial delay in the passage of the bill.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/27/breaking-popular-nigerian-activist-ariyo-dare-atoye-dead

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by naptu2: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2022
Tributes.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by naptu2: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2022
More tributes.

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by madridguy(m): 7:45am On Oct 28, 2022
They mock others for the gift they got freely from God. They forget so soon that the owner of life and sound health can take it back within a twinkle of an eye.
Only God has key to life and death
Don't mock anybody with health challenge but pray for them.

I hope this will serve as a lesson to others wishing Tinubu and Buhari death.

Ariyo, may God comfort your loved ones.

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Mindlog: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2022
May his soul rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by MrSensor(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2022
SORRY O. MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by OgaDeyVex: 8:33am On Oct 28, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by 24SEVEN: 8:33am On Oct 28, 2022
Never heard of gim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by 24SEVEN: 8:33am On Oct 28, 2022
Never heard of him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Viraltrends123: 8:33am On Oct 28, 2022
madridguy:
They mock others for the gift they got freely from God. They forget so soon that the owner of life and sound health can take it bag within a twinkle of an eye.

I just laugh when some people mock old age!!!

Cursing someone because you don't like them, when Tinubu won the presidential primaries, many of them said he won't reach election day, like wtf.

I can remember how many pastors predicted Buhari won't spend up to 1 year in office, some are dead today.

And you see one abnormal youth, that doesn't say or do anything meaningful will come out and say he want to be governor, all those youthful governors and senators, let's count them, tell me how many is doing well.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by alingo2013(m): 8:33am On Oct 28, 2022
cry RIP so sad to see a young person die

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by mbahdi(m): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2022
May his soul rest well.good people keep dieing while d bad ones live longer,e be like say he no longer pay to do good.
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by DropsMic(m): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2022
RIP
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by meobizy(f): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2022
On to the afterlife or nourishment for the planet. Life moves on.
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by SoftP(m): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2022
The young Champs are leaving us to the mercies of the old cargos’
RIP bro

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Racoon(m): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2022
Rest on sir. Sun re.
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Rahkman: 8:34am On Oct 28, 2022
madridguy:
They mock others for the gift they got freely from God. They forget so soon that the owner of life and sound health can take it bag within a twinkle of an eye.

shut up ur mouth if you don't have anything reasonable to say...or rather provide proof where he mocked tinubus health

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by SenatePresdo(m): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2022
Rip to him
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Paragon311(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2022
RIP Activist....
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Bedanq21: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2022
So sad

This world is not our own
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by bigdammyj: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2022
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by JoeNL22(m): 8:36am On Oct 28, 2022
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Mopologa: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2022
chai
this is painful
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Justbesure: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2022
madridguy:

You are just doing what you accused others of.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by obembet(f): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2022
RIP man
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Enduyre: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2022
RIP sor
Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by camsyross: 8:38am On Oct 28, 2022
Money can't buy life. If not the rich for no dey die.. RIP to the dead..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by Ogunleti01: 8:38am On Oct 28, 2022
madridguy:

Be sane and civil for once

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead by arent88(m): 8:38am On Oct 28, 2022
madridguy:

what has this got to do with ariyo's death. Did he at any point mock buhari or tinubu's health

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law / Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi / "President Buhari Behind Crisis In Benue" - Middle Belt Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.