Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? (1715 Views)

Nigeria Establishing Plants To Refine Gold, Other Minerals / Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others / $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Rossinkipp: 6:20am On Jul 15, 2021
Transcorp Energy Plans Nigeria’s First Nuclear Power Plants

1 July 2021

Bloomberg

Nuclear Power Plant

Transcorp Energy Ltd, a unit of Transnational Corp. of Nigeria Plc plans to develop nuclear power plants in the West African nation as an alternative energy source to improve access to electricity.

The plants will offer a “less expensive and less complicated solution” for stable and reliable power generation in the country, using so-called OPEN100 model technology, the company said in an emailed statement Thursday.

Just over 55% of Africa’s largest economy’s population has access to electricity, according to World Bank data.

The plan has been presented to government.

Science and Technology Minister Ogbonnaya Onu has set up a committee comprising representatives of Transcorp and government to manage the execution of the project, according to the statement.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-01/transcorp-energy-plans-nigeria-s-first-nuclear-power-plants
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by richmond500: 6:22am On Jul 15, 2021
Where the money dey?
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by KillMNKnow(f): 6:24am On Jul 15, 2021
undecided
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by MadamVanessa(f): 6:29am On Jul 15, 2021
richmond500:
Where the money dey?

shocked

The Dulllard will always borrow from China, and subjecting us to perpetual slavery.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by SimplyShit: 6:29am On Jul 15, 2021
Dem nor born am well

Vegetable

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Sunnybay7: 6:31am On Jul 15, 2021
I am very certain Buhari does not know what a nuclear power plant is.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Restructuring: 6:31am On Jul 15, 2021
Let the plant be stationed or built in sokoto or katsina

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Veqtor: 6:33am On Jul 15, 2021
Hehehe.
Joke of the day.
If they give us steady power supply...who wee buy oyel?
Dangote nd his Fulani stakeholders wee nuh like it o grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Rossinkipp: 6:34am On Jul 15, 2021
Sunnybay7:
I am very certain Buhari does not know what a nuclear power plant is.

Don't be stupid.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by richmond500: 6:36am On Jul 15, 2021
MadamVanessa:

shocked

The Dulllard will always borrow from China, and subjecting us to perpetual slavery.
sharap, PDP should have done all these basics in 16yrs when the money plenty yafu yafu, but as usual, they rather use the money buy sport cars and properties in Dubai, today we would have been borrowing for sophisticated projects and not basics like rails and power.

I'm not against borrowing, I am pained that in 21st century, the biggest black nation on the globe is borrowing to give her people the basics cos of mismanagement by the govt

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by richmond500: 6:37am On Jul 15, 2021
Veqtor:
Hehehe.
Joke of the day.
If they give us steady power supply...who wee buy oyel?
Dangote nd his Fulani stakeholders wee nuh like it o grin
USA has 24hours uninterrupted power supply but still consume oyel far much more than Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Veqtor: 6:38am On Jul 15, 2021
richmond500:
USA has 24hours uninterrupted power supply but still consume oyel

Do they know that?
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by richmond500: 6:41am On Jul 15, 2021
Veqtor:

Do they know that?
this nuclear power won't affect Dangote's business, it will rather help the small businesses
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Jerryherd: 6:42am On Jul 15, 2021
Which region would host the plants...

Abeg take it to North or SouthEast.... Don't marginalise them

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by 10kgod(m): 6:47am On Jul 15, 2021
There are conditions a Nation has to meet before such Nation can be allow to involve in Nuclear power. As in.... You can just say you Want to get involved nuclear deal. World Power nations won't allow such reckless behavior....

I rest my case...
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by yanabasee1(m): 6:47am On Jul 15, 2021
richmond500:
sharap, PDP should have done all these basics in 16yrs when the money plenty yafu yafu, but as usual, they rather use the money buy sport cars and properties in Dubai, today we would have been borrowing for sophisticated projects and not basics like rails and power.

I'm not against borrowing, I am pained that in 21st century, the biggest black nation on the globe is borrowing to give her people the basics cos of mismanagement by the govt

You should be ashamed of yourself...

This has gone beyond a party level as the same folks who were in PDP are now in APC... The same incompetent hands is what they are using today..

Again, your APC came to make changes, we've been waiting for that change... Seems they're following the footsteps of PDP..

7 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Rossinkipp: 6:48am On Jul 15, 2021
I think Nigeria should take the leap and go nuclear.

Look, once we go nuclear, it ends the power crisis immediately.

South Africa has the Koeberg Nuclear Power Station, near Cape Town. That plant generates nearly 2,000 megawatts on its own, which is roughly HALF Nigeria's current daily generation.

We just need 2 or 3 solid nuclear power stations located in strategic parts of the country, and we can kiss goodbye to 'no light' forever.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by richmond500: 6:49am On Jul 15, 2021
10kgod:
There are conditions a Nation has to meet before such Nation can be allow to involve in Nuclear power. As in.... You can just say you Want to get involved nuclear deal. World Power nations won't allow such reckless behavior....

I rest my case...
Nuclear weapons is different from nuclear power.

U need no condition to build a nuclear power to generate electricity

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Rossinkipp: 6:51am On Jul 15, 2021
10kgod:

I rest my case...

Which world power nations?

No nation can stop Nigeria from building nuclear power plants if she decides to.

Stop confusing nuclear weapons programs, which are 'prohibited', with nuclear power generation.

Nuclear power plants are all operated according to very strict global standards, wherever they are built on Earth, and Nigeria will not be different.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Jerryherd: 6:54am On Jul 15, 2021
richmond500:
Nuclear weapons is different from nuclear power.

U need no condition to build a nuclear power to generate electricity

You need UN IAEA approval to build it, and the direct waste of Nuclear power plant reactant is used for fussion nuclear bomb so approval isn't giving anyhow

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by InaNla(f): 6:55am On Jul 15, 2021
TransCorp is a FRAUD

Buhari is a bigger FRAUD.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by richmond500: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2021
yanabasee1:

You should be ashamed of yourself...

This has gone beyond a party level as the same folks who were in PDP are now in APC... The same incompetent hands is what they are using today..

Again, your APC came to make changes, we've been waiting for that change... Seems they're following the footsteps of PDP..
PDP really took Nigeria for a ride and was busy making money,
If there is anything, current govt has done 70% of the foundations for the future, let's just fix power and insecurity then they have tried.
Agric, digital and transportation are three things the govt has really got a pass mark on, I still fault them on insecurities though
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by richmond500: 6:57am On Jul 15, 2021
Jerryherd:

You need UN IAEA approval to build it, and the direct waste of Nuclear power plant reactant is used for fussion nuclear bomb so approval isn't giving anyhow
oh, I didn't know about this.
But if SA and Japan could build nuclear plants then I don't see how Nigeria couldn't
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by tesseract: 6:57am On Jul 15, 2021
A joke of a government; you can't even manage hydro electric power generation properly and you are planning to venture into nuclear power for electricity generation....Chernobyl will be a child's play when Nigeria's gross mismanagement of critical infrastructure shows its ugly face. They should at least plan to locate the nuclear power plant in the north on the border between Nigeria and Niger Republic...lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by yanabasee1(m): 7:00am On Jul 15, 2021
richmond500:
PDP really took Nigeria for a ride and was busy making money,
If there is anything, current govt has done 70% of the foundations for the future, let's just fix power and insecurity then they have tried.
Agric, digital and transportation are three things the govt has really got a pass mark on, I still fault them on insecurities though

Point is.... It's not about party or region, but the people leading the country ...

There's a free will to defect... Buhari can defect t to PDP tomorrow and we will all dance to PDP as the best thing to ever happen to Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Rossinkipp: 7:02am On Jul 15, 2021
tesseract:
A joke of a government; you can't even manage hydro electric power generation properly and you are planning to venture into nuclear power for electricity generation....Chernobyl will be a child's play when Nigeria's gross mismanagement of critical infrastructure shows its ugly face. They should at least plan to locate the nuclear power plant in the north on the border between Nigeria and Niger Republic...lol grin

Yawwwnnnn......Take a hike. Your type are redundant in the new progressive thinking.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by richmond500: 7:03am On Jul 15, 2021
yanabasee1:

Point is.... It's not about party or region, but the people leading the country ...

There's a free will to defect... Buhari can defect t to PDP tomorrow and we will all dance to PDP as the best thing to ever happen to Nigeria...
Oh, that's true sha.

The thing is, I just don't like that party called PDP so most of my Judgement is clouded by emotions.
Good morning though and do have a nice day
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by theenchanter: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2021
Topic says "buhari to build".

The actual story says "transcorp energy to build".

OP, mind urself o..... Even though we know generation is not Nigeria's electricity problem but transmission and distribution.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Rossinkipp: 7:11am On Jul 15, 2021
Jerryherd:

Where is your evidence for this claim?

Any links?
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:18am On Jul 15, 2021
Are you not the same person that was saying Ajaokuta has been completed to 80% during elections and then insulted anyone that countered you?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Rossinkipp: 7:20am On Jul 15, 2021
theenchanter:
Topic says "buhari to build".

The actual story says "transcorp energy to build".

OP, mind urself o..... Even though we know generation is not Nigeria's electricity problem but transmission and distribution.

But Buhari has to approve it before it's built, so it's really his deal.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by LibertyRep: 7:21am On Jul 15, 2021
Let it be located in the vast Sambisa forest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Hope Uzodinma Lifts Road Transportation In Imo / Is palmpay legit? / Ijelespeaks Cries As Nnamdi Kanu looks fresh in new pictures - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.