Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? (1729 Views)

Nigeria Establishing Plants To Refine Gold, Other Minerals / Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others / $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by MightySparrow: 7:23am On Jul 15, 2021
I pass my judgement without reading the topic:
Corruption will cause the waste products to kill us in Nigeria. Koko waste is still fresh in our minds. Nigeria has not managed harmless water well , is it radioactive material she will manage?
I fear o.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Rossinkipp: 7:24am On Jul 15, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
Are you not the same person that was saying Ajaokuta has been completed to 80% during elections and then insulted anyone that countered you?

Ajaokuta has been completed to more than 80%. What are you talking about?

It's at something like 98% completion. The issue facing govt right now is whether to sell it off, and there are contending interests pulling it either way.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Rossinkipp: 7:26am On Jul 15, 2021
MightySparrow:
I pass my judgement without reading the topic:
Corruption will cause the waste products to kill us in Nigeria. Koko waste is still fresh in our minds. Nigeria has not managed harmless water well , is it radioactive material she will manage?
I fear o.

I bet when we first started having indigenous airlines with Nigerian pilots flying jumbo jets across the nation, your type were saying that the planes would crash everyday.

We've learnt to ignore your type and forge ahead as a nation.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2021
Rossinkipp:

Ajaokuta has been completed to more than 80%. What are you talking about?

It's at something like 98% completion. The issue facing govt right now is whether to sell it off, and there are contending interests pulling it either way.

https://dailypost.ng › 2021/07/11
Enemies of Nigeria don't want President Buhari to complete ...
4 days ago — ... want President Buhari to complete Ajaokuta Steel plant – Kogi Activist ... Global Steel Holdings Limited to frustrate the completion

Hehehe enemies are stopping Buhari according to BMC's
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Moorish: 7:35am On Jul 15, 2021
Thought generation had been privatized

Confused
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by techWriter2: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2021
I am very certain Buhari does not know what a nuclear electricity factory is

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by kindlyheart: 8:22am On Jul 15, 2021
easy access to dirty bomb materials for the terrorists.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by theenchanter: 8:29am On Jul 15, 2021
Rossinkipp:

But Buhari has to approve it before it's built, so it's really his deal.
Buhari approving a deal is quite different from him building it...
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by cassidy1996(m): 8:55am On Jul 15, 2021
Chernobyl comes to mind, Nigeria can't manage it simple
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by tesseract: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2021
Rossinkipp:

Yawwwnnnn......Take a hike. Your type are redundant in the new progressive thinking.
Continue building castles in the air if it makes you feel better. The only progress this government can make is backwards...lol grin
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by 10kgod(m): 8:59am On Jul 15, 2021
richmond500:
Nuclear weapons is different from nuclear power.

U need no condition to build a nuclear power to generate electricity

Okay, maybe you right.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by 10kgod(m): 9:00am On Jul 15, 2021
Rossinkipp:

Which world power nations?

No nation can stop Nigeria from building nuclear power plants if she decides to.

Stop confusing nuclear weapons programs, which are 'prohibited', with nuclear power generation.

Nuclear power plants are all operated according to very strict global standards, wherever they are built on Earth, and Nigeria will not be different.

Alright
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by MightySparrow: 11:50am On Jul 15, 2021
Rossinkipp:

I bet when we first started having indigenous airlines with Nigerian pilots flying jumbo jets across the nation, your type were saying that the planes would crash everyday.

We've learnt to ignore your type and forge ahead as a nation.

You probably don't understand yourself and what level of corruption going on in Nigeria. I have not said anything about capabilities and know how. How many of the Nigerian owned jets are available now?

Corruption has eating them up. In the case big nuclear power plants. Many people will have been affected by radiation before you know it.
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Ahmeduana(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
For where? North or south? For boko haram to have access to nuclear power?
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Okoroawusa: 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
I Love PMB
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by laiperi: 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
I have been hearing about a few countries building nuclear power stations in Nigeria for ages.

From Canada, Russia to India. All fell apart like Ajaokuta or what?

Engineering graduates please educate us.

Russia to build nuclear power plants in Nigeria
31 October 2017

A man takes part in a protest against rising electricity prices in Lagos in 2016

Russia has signed a deal to build two nuclear power plants in Nigeria, as Africa's largest economy seeks to end its energy crisis.

Russian state-owned company Rosatom will build one in the south, the other in the centre, sources at the Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission told the BBC.

The deal's exact worth is unknown, although some reports suggest it is likely in the region of $20bn (£15bn).

It is one of a number that Rosatom has been eyeing on the continent.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41818933
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Jafaar: 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
it isn't going to be built by the Nigerian government,it's going to be built by transcorp group whose biggest shareholder is Tony elumelu.They already have I think 1or 2 power plant
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by isokomarine: 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nuclear power plant cost between $6bn to $9bn.w and above .where are we going to get the money from
Re: Buhari To Build Nuclear Power Plants To Transform Power Sector? by Mangekyo: 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
Your skull must be empty if you believe this trash

(1) (2) (Reply)

What are the implications of Tinubu not having Primary & Secondary school Cert? / Breaking News. Dr. Yusuf Datti Ahmed Emerge Labour Party Vice President Candidat / Breaking: Tinubu Picks Former Borno Governor Ali Sheriff As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.