Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? (20783 Views)

No Connection, No FG Job / FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million / 774000 FG Job Payment Of Stipend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Comedian2019: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
Na ment?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Reelmii: 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
emmygzy:
my won question is can he still present that certificate for upgrading after sometimes or its now invalid. The HND.
it is invalid for this particular job...

But he can use it to apply elsewhere
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by authority2006(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:

It depends on how easy it will be for you to upgrade. Please ask that question before you act especially if you have a job doing already.
In 2016, I took a FG job like that with my WASC while I already had a B.Eng then. It took me more than two years before I could upgrade with my degree cert. Those two years were not easy. People with ND were ahead of me, giving me orders in the office. I bore all of that sha and I learned humility from there . Today, it is a different story. Some persons who passed through the same way into my workplace even before me are still however yet to be upgraded. Please find out the ease with which you could do that if you have a job doing. If you have no other job, you can pick that, but make sure you fill in that you have experience and look for evidence to attach otherwise you will start from Level 3 step 2 which was my mistake then too.

Don't forget something: they gave you orders, that was because you already secured the job first. Even if the conversion won't be easy, it's still worth trying. He can start afresh at NOUN or any part time degree programme.
If the my registration officer didn't withheld my Civil Defence Corps appointment letter in 2012 prepared with ND just because I ignorantly presented my degree certificate, I'm sure that I would have found a way to upgrade by now one way or another.
My point is that one should grab the opportunity first,
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Zinpat: 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:
Hey nairalanders this guys post got me thinking all day and night!
He has a national Certificate of Education (NCE) result but decided to apply for a job with his SSCE because he felt he has no connection to get a Job with his NCE.

My question now is, can you accept for a federal Government job as an SSCE holder when you Have BSC,HND,NCE OR EVEN ND??

Someone is offering me a Fed job as an ssce holder while i have HND. He said he has a slot for just ssce.

I Am really confused

Depending on d salary, u can go 4 it while hoping 4 a better one.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by babington91(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:
but pls do u think that with time, i can submit my HND result?

It may take years to harmonize your HND if you enter with SSCE........ You can be stagnated at SSCE level, and promotion may be delayed o
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Reelmii: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
CharisEleos:

He'll be able to use it if he's smart.

When there's an opening for HND, he
( other staff) willl be the first to know and apply before the public. As an insider he'll be given preference first before other people. So, yes he can.
this is not tru... he cant use it again
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Judolisco(m): 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
CharisEleos:

He'll be able to use it if he's smart.

When there's an opening for HND, he
( other staff) willl be the first to know and apply before the public. As an insider he'll be given preference first before other people. So, yes he can.
it's not easy like that in government parastatal o... Most appointment na from the top... The best thing is to write that you want to further your education they will approve it immediately... Then go for any top up hnd to bsc conversion program within 3 Yrs you're done with your program or better still go to NOUN... After you submit your degree they will promote you in d next promotion exercise and remove you from that dept maybe na security u be before or cleaner no go comut from dat department immediately...
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by mechanics(m): 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hmmm, not at all, it will be difficult to correct it later in the future.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by 1759ademola(m): 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
Would you prefer to be hungry with your HND or be well fed with SSCE?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Reelmii: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
Mophor:

Damn Niggar!!!!!!!!

You said your friend according to your post and now it's you!!! Why not come out straight so people can advice you other than been scared of insults
I tire for the guy oo

Why was he hiding it wen we dont even know him outside here....some lies are not just necessary
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by happy662(m): 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
9Stamp:
It's a life of choices. He may save up from the frsc job and go for other NOUN degrees then proceed for masters, start a family and get a better job by resigning from the frsc job...
Life is all about strategy.. I believe he made that decision based on a strategy. May God see him through
What if you have a bSc degree but you enter with Ssce? Can someone proceed with his ˈmasterʼs degree immediately?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
God I just want to appreciate your blessings in my life even when my human eyes cant see or my brain can't comprehend, people still praise your name and shout of your glory while earning 40k and I'm still complaining about my salary? Father lord forgive me ignorance and selfishness.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by SeunOshewaWife(f): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
How much is the salary for an SSCE holder working in the LG or FG sector?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by phemmyfour: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:
Hey nairalanders this guys post got me thinking all day and night!
He has a national Certificate of Education (NCE) result but decided to apply for a job with his SSCE because he felt he has no connection to get a Job with his NCE.

My question now is, can you accept for a federal Government job as an SSCE holder when you Have BSC,HND,NCE OR EVEN ND??

Someone is offering me a Fed job as an ssce holder while i have HND. He said he has a slot for just ssce.

I Am really confused
you can , in your next promotion you can tender your first degree result for UPGRADING
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by alizma: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
bnovative:

This information is not correct.
Op can join with ssce but cannot use his nce or hnd for this particular job again.
However, there is room for improvement as a government worker who wants to further his education. The procedure is:
Work until you're confirm
wait the prescribed number of years, depending on your cadre, that's were you employed as a clerical officer etc.
Apply for study leave with pay,get the approval and go for a program of your choice
After your programme, slot in the results and you will be converted to a cadre that suits your qualification.
Good luck.
There is a difference between what is written on paper and what is obtainable

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Emmydarsy: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
That is what am presently into...I own a b.sc in Accounting and entered a federal govt job with SSCE, though my salary as a level 4 is attractive... graduates as a level 8 in other parastatals rarely receive such monthly....I have as well been working there for 3 years, yet to upgrade with my b.sc! No recruitment of senior officers ever since.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Simpubozz(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
punta:
I work in a federal government Parastatal as a level 15 officer. I have colleagues that came in with lower qualifications even though they are better qualified. Right now a lot of them are disillusioned and demotivated. Why you may ask? They have seen their contemporaries with same qualifications they posses being placed above them as their superiors. Their desperation and impatience has placed them where they would rather not be. Even after applying for proper placement, nothing has changed. Now they have to wait for years before they can get to the same ranks they could have entered with.

My advice might mean nothing to someone who has been unemployed for a long while but when you wear the shoes, your eye go clear.
Does it mean that people who have HND/BSc don’t have hope on a neutral ground? Do posts which require first degree are strictly by slot? Cos I hear these things alot about people believing they have higher chance of getting government job using lower qualifications even when they are over qualified. I don’t understand
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Magnumproperty: 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Chalkmansour04:
If the pay is good, why not?

I sell old facebook accounts at cheap rates call/whatsapp 090 83 354 950
Pls do you buy? I get one to sell. Hunger wan finish man here oooo. The Facebook is more than 10 years old
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by subcbouy: 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
McOluOmo:
people sabi complain shaa,pesin see work him dey complain, pesin no see work him dey complain, complain + complain = Buhari cry
What is complain in this question he asked? Nawaooo
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by integrity16(m): 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:

No. You cannot submit your HND, because based the public service rules you were supposed to inform the agency your intentions to go for further studies to get BSc/HND before they can accept it upon completion of your school programme.

We are in the era of certificate forgery so they won't trust your HND certificate hence you would need to go for another HND or BSc programme. Moreover, this Nigeria, if you know someone who knows someone, they may smuggle your certificate for upgrade or regularization.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by hardon1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Why would you stoop so low poster... Pls don't take it . its degrading!

Just give me the job contact, i dont know whether am a graduate o, but I have ssce and also went to one higher institution that gave me a paper with my name on it and bsc written underneath

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by samazeezat(m): 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:

You can never tell my bro, with time things can change. Halve bread is better than none. My opinion
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Gfskw: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by SeunOshewaWife(f): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
Emmydarsy:
That is what am presently into...I own a b.sc in Accounting and entered a federal govt job with SSCE, though my salary as a level 4 is attractive... graduates as a level 8 in other parastatals rarely receive such monthly....I have as well been working there for 3 years, yet to upgrade with my b.sc! No recruitment of senior officers ever since.

How much is an SSCE holder being paid in the FG sector?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by OShepherd: 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
This is it but take note, Your paper certificate wont feed you, do something untill what you want comes around else......U go pray tire oooo grin
integrity16:

No. You cannot submit your HND, because based the public service rules you were supposed to inform the agency your intentions to go for further studies to get BSc/HND before they can accept it upon completion of your school programme.

We are in the era of certificate forgery so they won't trust your HND certificate hence you would need to go for another HND or BSc programme. Moreover, this Nigeria, if you know someone who knows someone, they may smuggle your certificate for upgrade or regularization.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Davtak00012(m): 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
My brother that's great opportunity please don't miss it, grap it now before it is too late, you can upgrade it later, even if it is primary certificate go for it, that's your own national cake
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Geesaintagape: 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hunger doesn't recognize academic status so be wise
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Emmydarsy: 5:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
SeunOshewaWife:

it varies bro....its not a fixed amount....some FG jobs as low as 35k while some as huge as 150k...yeah this same Nigeria
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by happy662(m): 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
SeunOshewaWife:

Immigration 43k For new recruit

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by SeunOshewaWife(f): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Emmydarsy:
it varies bro....its not a fixed amount....some FG jobs as low as 35k while some as huge as 150k...yeah this same Nigeria

For SSCE? 150K?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
Reelmii:
no.. they will not recognize that result...but he use his results to further his education...maybe to get a Bsc...then when a slot for Bsc holder comes, he can slot it in.... then he can also further for his masters degree...and also slot the results in when the opportunity comes...but it is better for him to be in the system while he works on achieving all these.... so that he wont be stranded financially

Atleast he can use his salary to plan for his future
Please ma, I also have a question just to be clear on your analysis. Suppose one has a B.Sc. but got in using his SSCE. If he acquires a masters degree moving on, can he present that masters certificate considering that it's predicated on his unacceptable B.Sc.?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Slimzy2020: 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
The new rule with federal govt job, u can't upgrade wen you tendered a lower certificate if u don't have any option you can manage that till u retire or save enough to quit the job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company Recruiting / Graduate Trainee At Saro Agrosciences Limited / Graduate Jobs In Abuja At Bilview Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.