Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Nigerian Women Should Read This!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women Should Read This!!! (452 Views)

Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Different Types Of Pregnant Nigerian Women - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women Should Read This!!! by syluck(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Read an article on the internet about a man who divorced his wife because she wanted it.

Read down and see why she wanted it and also read my opinion about the whole matter.

In NIGERIAN society today.

We have greater numbers of women marrying wealthy/rich men than the men marrying wealthy/rich women.

Not that the majority of these women are poor or so...but most of them are just poor (I mean can't definitely buy a baby diaper from their own pocket for a month.)No offence intended.

We have other women that work and earn their pay but still they think that the money is not enough.

In general, a woman would definitely want to marry a rich man (This is not a lie).

Her reasons for that, we don't know. It may be for the welfare of the kids or for herself or family background.

As a lady, knowing fully well that you were either being married by a rich man because he loves you and sees you as his soulmate, mother of his children, etc. Or because it was an agreement or more.
You went into the marriage with just your clothes and a few amount of money in your bank account (may even be the man's) and nothing more.

You did not add a quota to his success: by this I mean, a lawful(papers) input that will ascertain that you're directly or indirectly involved in his success that made him rich/wealthy.

You went into the marriage and met everything sweet, nice etc. and you could get what you want, how you want it and all these fantasies girls have when there's money.

By the grace of God. Your marriage is still strong financially and is blessed with 3 kids in just 5 years. (This is what every married couple will want except otherwise).

Your husband buys you a car in just 5 years of marriage, then suddenly outta nowhere, you're requesting your husband to change the ownership to your name's.
This definitely brought about serious arguments. But later died down and you're enjoying your new ride.

All this while, you're either working in a bank or any other place, or owns a business you sell things but you're refusing to buy a property with your *own* money��‍♂️

Don't tell me your husband won't let you buy your own properties with your own money made out of your working hours and putting the kids name as the next of kin.

No rich sensible man wouldn't want that.

You're just an house wife?
Don't ever say this. Don't ever get married and dream of being an house wife. Even if you're not educated( I mean having a degree) You can surely convince your husband to invest in you by starting up a business for you. The money given to you may be his, but you can turn it around to be yours by paying him back his money with an interest even.

Yes, I know women get pregnant and push out children.

That's nature!

We can't cheat nature. Men don't get pregnant.

Don't use being pregnant as an excuse for being an idle wife and not working.

Pregnant women are always given *leave* before and after child birth. They are always being helped out because of the burden they have on their tummy. They don't work over time and are being dismissed early enough. You a business woman? Definitely your management/workers will see to any tedious task while you supervise only.

We've read the little and possible excuse women will have for not having or wanting a property.

Back to the discussion.

You're enjoying that car happily and taking care of your kids. Then again, your husband wants to buy land. And you're requesting for it to have a Mr/Mrs title on the paper documents. And you threatened to file divorce if your husband does otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Women Should Read This!!! by syluck(m): 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
This argument skyrocketed to the point that it had to involve third parties.
Why?
Because you want your name on the land documents which you did not buy with your money.

Then out of the blue, your husband presents to you the divorce papers.

Lmao.

Is your husband's money not yours?
Nope. Your husband's money is definitely not yours unless he has you in his will as a next of kin. Or he has your name in the business he does or where he works (which is not possible).
That's why it's always good to be independent even when married to a rich man. Have something you can claim as yours without involving your husband's name. You can request money officially from him like a loan, make something out of it and then pay back that loan. All these things should be done on paper, lawfully signed.

He presents to you that divorce papers asking you to sign them and you're there crying and wailing!!!
Lol...you're saying "please I wasn't serious when I said that, I was only joking...please I still love you...".
No reasonable person would use the *divorce* word, *do you still want this relationship/marriage?* kinda of question in any marriage/relationship if there's any little arguments/disagreement if actually he/she loves/wants you.

The fact that you asked for your name to be included in those papers sounds so fishy. You may be using the Nigerian society as an excuse. This I mean, a situation whereby if your husband dies(God forbid), then his relatives will come and take over his property.
Yes, that excuse looks valid but doesn't sound okay in this situation.
As a man, what I will think is that, you either want me dead to have my properties or you want to overthrow me, ceasing my properties and absconding with another man.

Why would you threaten him with a divorce because he did not oblige to do your bidding which we know very well that he didn't rob you of your money to buy the land?
The money is his. He wants to buy land with his money, if he wants to include you then there's no problem and if he doesn't, there shouldn't be a problem either.
It will only be for a selfish reason that you'd want your husband to buy properties with your name on it.

As a lady, what you should be fighting for if your husband buys a property is simply to have your kids name on it (I mean his kids too).

Let the will of the man be rested upon your children. Your children should all have access to all his inheritance, like being the next of skin. Every sane woman would want their children to grow and have access to their father's properties except if that woman is selfish/foolish.

Having your children as next of kin to your man's properties and rich would definitely disrupt this Nigeria setting of the man's relatives coming to claim ownership of his properties.
Whether that child is a boy or a girl, as long as that child's name is registered as the next of kin and signed, no one can overrun it.
There's no law that's bigger than the Nigeria Constitution and it's allow next of kin.

You may be asking what about me? Am I not liable to have his things and look good? Didn't I suffer to push those kids out my womb and now I can't get anything?
Well, you had the opportunity but you stayed idle. You refused to work. You refused to use your husband's wealth to secure yours. Definitely you'll have his properties but they are not legally yours except if signed by you.

That woman finally got the divorce she wanted and went home with just her and would always visit the children cos she has no source of income to feed them. The husband was afraid too that the woman could kill him one day and take his properties. If the woman has something tangible doing for herself and buying properties, then this sort wouldn't have happened.

We men don't have those opportunities to marry rich women like the way you women do. We men most times marry a lady that comes from a wealthy family. We hardly marry women that built herself from scratch and moved to the top.
But y'all ladies get that opportunity always. Out of 10 women, 9 would marry a rich man. Out of 10 men, 2 would marry a rich woman.

Your opinions
Re: Nigerian Women Should Read This!!! by anthonyuncle(m): 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
today na today
Re: Nigerian Women Should Read This!!! by Belafonte(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
You people should leave nigerian women alone cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Should Read This!!! by Ihavethingstodo: 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nigerian women/wives have suffered.... shocked
May God help us o

(1) (Reply)

Romance: Pastor Kumuyi Said If Your Wife Is Not Beautiful, Its Your Fault! / 5 Foods That Can Negatively Affect Your Kidneys / My Family And I Need An Assistant To Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.