Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG (627 Views)

FIFA To Pay World Cup Money Directly To Players / Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by ChangetheChange: 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
Following donations by commercial banks, Nigeria’s basketball team has told the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development to pay the money directly to players.

On Wednesday, the ministry announced that Zenith, Access, and GTBank donated $200,000 (about N100 million) to adopt the national men’s basketball D’Tigers and the female team D’Tigress ahead of their Tokyo 2020 Olympics

In response to this, the female basketballers said they wanted their share of the fund paid directly to them for transparency, recalling that in 2017, N1.5 million donated by President Muhammadu Buhari entered into a “black hole.”

“Ministry should please distribute and pay into the players/officials account directly, like in 2017 when President Buhari gave D’Tigress N1 million and N500,000, respectively, before it goes into a black hole.

“Money should not be paid into any caretaker or federation account. Players, officials’ allowances, and other services are still owed since the 2018 World Cup ($73,118+),” the team tweeted.

The team added that this is not a substitute for those debts, urging the government to imitate Senegal in rewarding players with cash.

“FYI, this is not a substitute for those debts. These players and officials need to be celebrated and honoured with houses, monetary gifts, and six strategic arenas built in their honour across Nigeria. Senegal has set the bar extremely high as a small nation compared to Nigeria,” they asserted.

The basket team had initially taken to GoFundMe, an online crowdfunding platform, to seek financial assistance for its training, travel, and organisational support for the Olympics.

https://gazettengr.com/n100-million-pay-directly-to-players-nigeria-basketball-team-tells-fg/?fbclid=IwAR099G8RjZfLRwMMcVUGAzT2GVJaZzMM3dIiT6d9wM38jJJ9lC3XXwi-808

Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by ChangetheChange: 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
On Wednesday, the ministry announced that Zenith, Access, and GTBank donated $200,000 (about N100 million) to adopt the national men’s basketball D’Tigers and the female team D’Tigress ahead of their Tokyo 2020 Olympics

The Sport Ministry should release the money to the players, we don't want to hear stories.
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by nazicartel(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
That's Nigeria nah.... When I was doing my nysc, we had a program organized by the rotarian club or whatsoever.... After the rally, they gave one man from ministry of whatsoever funds to share to the Corp members..... Omoh... Na so the money move...... 1kobo, many people no see.....
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by mbasharon(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dem go hear?
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by Blackfire(m): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
I can assure the basketball teams that they have nothing to fear, as FG is not PDP govt
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by Techguy96(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
Blackfire:
I can assure the basketball teams that they have nothing to fear, as FG is not PDP govt

Read the thread well, they started owning them since 2018.

1 Like

Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by Tekzyflex(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
Blackfire:

Bros you never tire for suffer head?
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by paulolee(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
nice coming from those banks....I know say first bank no go follow them join this guy better news, na to dey debit n cut person 5k to #4,900 naim them sabi
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by paulolee(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Blackfire:

brossssss, suffer nor dey tire u no go talk dt last line for outside make crowd no go lynch u o
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by do4luv14(m): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2021
ChangetheChange:
Following donations by commercial banks, Nigeria’s basketball team has told the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development to pay the money directly to players.

In response to this, the female basketballers said they wanted their share of the fund paid directly to them for transparency, recalling that in 2017, N1.5 million donated by President Muhammadu Buhari entered into a “black hole.”

“Ministry should please distribute and pay into the players/officials account directly, like in 2017 when President Buhari gave D’Tigress N1 million and N500,000, respectively, before it goes into a black hole.

“Money should not be paid into any caretaker or federation account. Players, officials’ allowances, and other services are still owed since the 2018 World Cup ($73,118+),” the team tweeted.

The team added that this is not a substitute for those debts, urging the government to imitate Senegal in rewarding players with cash.

“FYI, this is not a substitute for those debts. These players and officials need to be celebrated and honoured with houses, monetary gifts, and six strategic arenas built in their honour across Nigeria. Senegal has set the bar extremely high as a small nation compared to Nigeria,” they asserted.

The basket team had initially taken to GoFundMe, an online crowdfunding platform, to seek financial assistance for its training, travel, and organisational support for the Olympics.

https://gazettengr.com/n100-million-pay-directly-to-players-nigeria-basketball-team-tells-fg/?fbclid=IwAR099G8RjZfLRwMMcVUGAzT2GVJaZzMM3dIiT6d9wM38jJJ9lC3XXwi-808

Humility33 come and see, then tell me what you think of it
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by humility33(m): 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
do4luv14:

Humility33 come and see, then tell me what you think of it

Are u sure you read it well how the money given by buhari entered a black hole? Whats a black hole
The female team already want their money for transparency sake

I bet u the politicians that stole the previous budgeted sum are running to scoop this one as well
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by humility33(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
paulolee:

brossssss, suffer nor dey tire u no go talk dt last line for outside make crowd no go lynch u o

Buhari supporters are the most dull and irrational peeps i have ever seen

Their thinking is so shallow and unreasonable
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by humility33(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
Blackfire:

Buhari supporters as always

U guys been reason wit your brain
Re: N100 Million: Pay Directly To Players, Nigeria Basketball Team Tells FG by humility33(m): 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
ChangetheChange:

The Sport Ministry should release the money to the players, we don't want to hear stories.

Money may minister, permanent sec and directors dey eye

The corruption in nigeria is so pathetic that the political and public thieves dont get tired of looting

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: PSG Might Line Up With Messi Using This 3 Following Ways / Ronaldo And Messi, Top Two Football Players Of All Time? / I Staked 5000 Naira For Verl To Beat Braunschweig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.