Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones (54870 Views)

Why Don’t Nigerians Keep Their Phones In Their Pockets? / Why Do Most Adults Hold Their Phones While Walking? / Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Hungrychicken(m): 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
rowland545:
I don't understand.... Is it like u will be messaging without ur phone or wat
no, na whatsapp for desktop, for users wey no get phone to use access whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by StPete: 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
livette:
"Whites thinking well", some thinking fraud, some thinking witchcraft, some thinking "adultnapping"....

Some thinking looting...
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Hungrychicken(m): 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hungrychicken:
Confusing headline.
In summary, they want to create whatsapp for desktop.
We have been waiting for this since!
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by West2019(m): 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Even if I have a low battery how can someone msg me pls , my battery is down right now
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by techWriter2: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
when will crowe have this like of showcase
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Goodman82135122(m): 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
:-o :-D ^_^ thats good! Sounds too good! smiley
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
Antoeni:
Correct reply
better one..
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by daroz(m): 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
WhatsApp is Pro-IPOB, so Buhari should ban it ASAP. �
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by yawehoverall: 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Antoeni:
Correct reply

How does this relate to the thread about what'sapp?? You wanna fuel the Ambers of tribal hate?? Na wa for some people
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by naptu2: 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
[quote author=Hungrychicken post=103744404][/quote]

Whatsapp for desktop already exists. However, it only mirrors what's on your phone, so your phone must be on and be connected to the Internet for it to work.

What they are introducing at the moment means that you can use your Whatsapp account on your desktop or any other phone even if the phone with which you registered is off.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Sluacoast(m): 7:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
Viridis:
Gather here if u no understand
I swear. I no grab at all ��
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by centuryseries(m): 7:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
WhatsApp, always upgrading and breaking new ground

---------------
FAULTY HARD DRIVE DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T GET YOUR DATA BACK, TALK TO THE EXPERT TODAY. OFFICE POWA PLAZA OTIGBA STREET COMPUTER VILLAGE, LAGOS. MY CONTACT NUMBER IS IN MY SIGNATURE
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by hopexter(m): 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2021
The return of yahoo messenger pro aka youth empowerment empowered. If you think you know, you still don’t know wink smiley cheesy
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by naptu2: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2021
Viridis:
Gather here if u no understand

clothingonline:
Can someone explain this feature clearly

greggng:
If my phones battery is dead, and I can't use the phone untill I charge ...so how do i operate the whatsap ?

LordVoldermort:
I sometimes use my laptop to Whatsapp so I don't understand how this is a big technology

rowland545:
I don't understand.... Is it like u will be messaging without ur phone or wat

West2019:
Even if I have a low battery how can someone msg me pls , my battery is down right now

Sluacoast:

I swear. I no grab at all ��

EMMY76:
Still can't understand how do you use WhatsApp without a phone?

perdollar:
Can somebody that understood it explain it to me in lamest man language?

Hubofgist:
So, we will speak into the air and the message will be sent automatically? Or what?

fregeneh:

Na me be number one

It means that you can use the same Whatsapp account on different devices. You can use it on more than one phone, on your computer, etc.

Whatsapp desktop already exists, but it only mirrors what's on your phone. That means that your phone must be on and connected to the Internet before it'll work on your computer. However, with this new feature you can use Whatsapp on your computer even if your phone is off.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by benqo01(m): 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
Lol why is WhatsApp copying some features from telegram?
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by benqo01(m): 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Telegram is still the best.....WhatsApp is even learning where telegram is, besides WhatsApp stole some features from telegram.

Respect TELEGRAM

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Nozino: 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
DesChyko:

The screen of the first phone was showing signs of going bad, so I copied the entire file folders of each app after installing same apps on a new device.
I expected the Whatsapp on the new device to request that I sign in but to my surprise, it didn't. Instead, both whatsapp apps receive messages whether they are connected to the internet together or individually.

The drawback is that any of the phones that isn't on as at when another is receiving a particular message won't get that message if turned on later.

Ok.
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by West2019(m): 7:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
naptu2:

Thanks bro

It means that you can use the same Whatsapp account on different devices. You can use it on more than one phone, on your computer, etc.

What'sapp desktop already exists, but it only mirrors what's on your phone. That means that your phone must be on and connected to the Internet before it'll work on your computer. However, with this new feature you can use Whatsapp on your computer even if your phone is off.
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
They just want to be able to track you on multiple devices
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Kenneth10110(m): 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Antoeni:
Correct reply

no be the topic here be this you just a born tribalist
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by 40BGvm: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
New Yahoo messenger loading...now tapin with
ya btc ready cool
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by redcliff: 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
Telegram is the number one messaging service in the world. take it or leave it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Quality20(m): 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
At present, hacking of whtsapp is so common, this plan will make it more easier for hacking. I wonder what their nonsense end to end encryption is about if hacking is so easy?
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
naptu2:

Whatsapp desktop already exists, but it only mirrors what's on your phone. That means that your phone must be on and connected to the Internet before it'll work on your computer. However, with this new feature you can use Whatsapp on your computer even if your phone is off.
Okay good explanation
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by donproject2(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
ITbomb:
We already have it on Telegram since 1898

We even have free cloud space to save stuff
Useful when you sit on a foreign system and wishes to throw things out to get it later

That is the year I was born...
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by domnwan(m): 8:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
Antoeni:
Correct reply
wetin you wan do with empty head..... money no go come out nah
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Philadelphia: 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
Las las, una go turn WhatsApp to email.
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Sluacoast(m): 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
naptu2:

But you mentioned that your phone must be on and connected to the net before you'd be able to make use of the feature. I don't understand where you wrote that your phone can still enjoy this features even when your phone is switched off.

Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by Adakintroy: 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
Soon they will insert chips into your brains so una go just freely be the technology itself.

You almost there. This technology will kill you all one day. I mean it Literarily.
Re: Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones by naptu2: 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
[quote author=Sluacoast post=103746699][/quote]

There is a Whatsapp desktop that already exists right now. In order for that to work your phone must be on and connected to the Internet.

However, the new feature that has not yet been rolled out will enable you to use Whatsapp on your desktop even if your phone is off.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Learn How To Stop Your Android Phone From Consuming Your Airtime/data / Electronic Tattoo: Bill Gates Predicts Technology That Will Replace Smart Phones / Stable IP Address For Airtel 0. 0 K Free Unlimited Browsing On Psiphon 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.