Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! (831 Views)

Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position / The Igbo Just Lost Again!speakership Remains In Sw! / Igbo Just Lost!jonathan Sacks Igbo Minister! (2) (3) (4)

The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:16am On May 12, 2011
PDP caucus ratifies power-sharing arrangement
From TAIWO AMODU, Abuja
Thursday, May 12, 2011

More Stories on This Section
The South-east zone seems to have lost out in its agitation for the number four position in the country, as the expanded national caucus of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) recently ratified the zoning arrangement agreed on by President Goodluck Jonathan and some party leaders at the presidential retreat held recently at the Obudu Ranch, Cross Rivers State.

Feelers from the expanded caucus meeting held at the presidential villa last Tuesday revealed that the zoning of positions of the Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives to the North-central and South-west, geo-political zones respectively was upheld at the meeting which had President Jonathan, vice-president Namadi Sambo, Acting National Chairman of the party, Dr Haliru Bello Mohammed, PDP governors, and the leadership of the national assembly in attendance. “The position of the Secretary to Government of the Federation which has been in the news as the slot allotted to the south-east was retained,” Daily Sun source revealed.

The caucus also agreed to produce a new national chairman for the party in 2012, while the acting national chairman, Dr Haliru Bello Mohammed from North-west state of Kebbi continues in acting capacity until next year when the north-east will produce substantive national chairman for the party.

Already Dr Goodluck Jonathan and his deputy, Architect Namadi Sambo are from South –South and North-West, respectively. Daily Sun source further revealed that while President Goodluck Jonathan commended the PDP National Working Committee under the leadership of Dr Mohammed for giving the party good policy direction during the electioneering campaigns, it however advised the party leadership to initiate consultations with stakeholders at all segments and rationalize the new power sharing arrangement. “The President consistently emphasized the need for party discipline, at all levels and expressed concern that it has always been observed in the breach.”
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:20am On May 12, 2011
A PDP CHAIRMAN FOR THE NORTHAND THE HIGHEST POLITICAL APPOINTMENT FROM SE is a mere presidential political appointee who can be easily fired and hired!THIS IS A TECHNICAL KO FROM THE NORTH!
THIS IS WHAT THE SE GETS FOR ALLOWING THE 'MAGICIZATION' OF THEIR VOTES FOR PDP TO HURT THE NORTH!
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by EkoIle1: 12:43am On May 12, 2011
Bleep
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by Beaf: 12:51am On May 12, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

A PDP CHAIRMAN FOR THE NORTHAND THE HIGHEST POLITICAL APPOINTMENT FROM SE is a mere presidential political appointee who can be easily fired and hired!THIS IS A TECHNICAL KO FROM THE NORTH!
THIS IS WHAT THE SE GETS FOR ALLOWING THE 'MAGICIZATION' OF THEIR VOTES FOR PDP TO HURT THE NORTH!

All of the above points VERY FIRMLY to 2015 IMHO. It is ok for bigots to rejoice, we've seen it all before. Trouble is, they always end up sulking; my wager is on a 2015 Igbo Presidency, and why not? cool
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:58am On May 12, 2011
who is rejoicing ,it is not funny,this is a negative evolution for the igbo race!
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by yarodin: 2:59am On May 12, 2011
Honestly I am still trying to understand how the SW retaining the Speaker position affects the price of garri?
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by aljharem3: 3:01am On May 12, 2011
yarodin:

Honestly I am still trying to understand how the SW retaining the Speaker position affects the price of garri?

gbammm on a serious note forget interent, you are right
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by apoti(m): 5:50am On May 12, 2011
No they didn't lose anything, at least the they have d president    wink

Or is Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikwe no longer ebo, ibo, igbo?  cheesy
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by gogo13233: 5:42pm On May 12, 2011
apoti:

No they didn't lose anything, at least the they have d president    wink

Or is Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikwe no longer ebo, ibo, igbo?  cheesy
do u know the meaning of apoti in my village, RAT DROPPINGS and do u remind me of it
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by Olaisrich(m): 6:04pm On May 12, 2011
All of the above points VERY FIRMLY to 2015 IMHO. It is ok for bigots to rejoice, we've seen it all before. Trouble is, they always end up sulking; my wager is on a 2015 Igbo Presidency, and why not?

So, the bolded part is one of the zoning position ratified at Obudu Ranch? i dey laugh oooo!
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 12, 2011
Can somebody kindly produce the "PDP power sharing arrangement pre-election" and then the "PDP power sharing arrangement post-election" and then explain how that suggests Igbos lost anything?

Also demonstrate who gained from the loss of Igbos.

Remember going into the election, Nwodo was not the PDP Chairman. There was an interim Chairman from the North.

I am really at loss how this nonesense that started as a joke is taking root.

PDP simply decided to maintain the arrangement it went into election with. I see nothing wrong with that.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by ziccoit: 10:19pm On May 12, 2011
Beaf:

All of the above points VERY FIRMLY to 2015 IMHO. It is ok for bigots to rejoice, we've seen it all before. Trouble is, they always end up sulking; my wager is on a 2015 Igbo Presidency, and why not? cool

So all your blind support for GEJ since is because of Igbo presidency by 2015? Tell your leaders to start breathing life into APGA. If you think you could achieve such in PDP you must be dreaming while sleeping on sharks infested ocean.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by alexleo(m): 10:38pm On May 12, 2011
Which south east are you comparing with the north and calling us losers. South east - a single zone out of the three zones in the south being compared to the whole north made up of three zones just like the south? And you call us losers? You people reason terribly. If all that the three zones in the North could get is the senate presidency, the PDP chairmanship and deputy speakership and you call that gain because you are comparing it to what a single Zone in the south got, i,e. Deputy Senate president, SGF, chief whip then you are not doing a balanced comparison.
And even if you want to use the old region of north, east and west, then the north is still losing because it means the south east also has the presidency together with the afore mentioned posts., the south west has the speaker. Whichever way you look at it, the north is losing. If that name north should be brought to comparison then it should be compared with the entire south. if not, it is not a balanceg comparison.
Igbos please lets support Jonathan and not be deceived by this enemity that this intruders are trying to create. I strongly believe that we will benefit much from this government by God's grace. Amen.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost It All,its Endgame For Speakership And 2015 Presidency! by Katsumoto: 10:44pm On May 12, 2011
Beaf:

Beaf,

I am sure you know that by Ndigbo assisting GEJ to truncate the PDP zoning formula, Ndigbo has shot itself in the foot. 2015 is going to be for everyone. Zoning is more or less dead.

I don't really believe in zoning anyway as I believe that the best man or woman should get the job.

Tackling The Carnage On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Long Live The Great And Heroic People Of Somalia: Hello Nigerian! / Ibadan Also Faces It: Rain Detroys Lives And Properties