Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans (11109 Views)

Benin Republic Shuns Buhari's Request For Igboho's Extradition - SaharaReporters / Roads: 5 States To Get N148bn Refund As Senate Approves Buhari's Request / Senate Approves Buhari’s Request To Raise Fresh N850bn Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by bayelsaowei(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2021
grin
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Simplythebest: 7:59am On Jul 16, 2021
What a country ruled by unfortunate people. 12kg of gas now is N5250 against N2500 in January. Who did we offend in this country why are leaders so wicked. The economy is getting worst everyday and we keep in borrowing to loot.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by bikefab(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2021
Ahmed Lawan, Gbajabiamila, and the rest of the leadership of the current rubber stamp Senate headed are the greatest threats to our democracy. They have been licking Buhari's arse since inception. They have no sense of independence as a legislative arm. With the way they suck up to the executive, Buhari can easily get a third tenure mandate unchallenged.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by nyanasonnet: 8:00am On Jul 16, 2021
I pity this sole country, I see
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Nigeriadondie: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
Because the loans are being used to pay their jumbo salaries and allowances, so they have to approve it, Nigeria is dead, it's break up time.

Czech Republic and Slovakia broke up from Czechoslovakia

Ukraine Russia and the rest broke up from USSR

Serbia, Montenegro broke up from Yugoslavia

Eritrea broke up from Ethiopia

All these secessions happened and the sky still remains blue

Yoruba Nation will secede from Nigeria and day will continue to be bright
When igbos fought for it in 1967-70 all of una say One Nigeria. Na lie we no dey go anywhere. We go dey here together. No be only Yoruba nation.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Nigeriadondie: 8:09am On Jul 16, 2021
Karlovych:
grin grin grin By the time our darling daddy is done and finished with the country, Zimbabwe and Somalia will be paradise compared to Nigeria. From all of us at the Association of Vulture Grillers we support this loan and I really think Jubrin should run for a third term. Nigerians must have sense by force, #Operation Bankrupt the Nation
Sai Baba
Sai 4+4
Sai 2023-2027
So Na 4+4+4. grin
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Temptee101(m): 8:09am On Jul 16, 2021
Make i do leave this country before our creditors close border.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Chijioke12345: 8:10am On Jul 16, 2021
These projects have a great multiplier effect on stimulating economic growth through infrastructure development, job creation and poverty alleviation, stimulation of commercial and engineering activities, and the consequent tax revenues payable to government as a result of these productive activities,” Ordia explained.����� That's what we hear everything still the economy is down like never before and the infrastructure is one sided.
Come to think of it, where will the next government get money from since we don't have and depend on borrowing for everything come 2023 if it will be
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by redirect(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2021
NOTHING GOOD IS COMING OUT OFF NIGERIA AGAIN, IS TO SHOW YOU THAT THE GAME IS OVE!
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Nigeriadondie: 8:12am On Jul 16, 2021
Yasco73:
But there are Yorubas in National Assembly and they all agreed to all this nonsense.
If they agreed to keep Nigeria ‘one’ in 1967 civil war why won’t they agree to this nonsense.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Blacklion3: 8:12am On Jul 16, 2021
Nigeria has been dissolved in debt
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Benmob: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Babathanks:

The truth of the matter is that everybody is tired of this shit that is happening in this country, but we need to blame someone especially the first unity beger (Igbo) cos of there greediness of becoming the first Nigeria president
which can useless comment is thiz, why d hate of a particular tribe, I don't be to tribal but which main tribe mainly vote or brought buhari into power in d southern part,d Igbo first say dey want out of Nigeria in buhari first tenure and is it not now Yoruba want their own Yoruba nation when u guys notice buhari doesn't care about any tribe accept is own Fulani, yes nnamdi Azikiwe mess up big time I know but mko abiola did d same wat Azikiwe did even now tinubu did d same and doing it now

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Reference(m): 8:33am On Jul 16, 2021
That is why they fought tooth and nail to remove the last Senate and instal one that will give them a free pass to the treasury. At least the last one will have put up an stiff fight and delay these loans till the economy can recover, but at a point the economy is weakest it is being hit harder.

Today all we see is a list of projects to be executed the details courtesy of a moribund Legislature remain unknown. Such that if the Federal Government is taking these loans on our behalf for our development at least we should debate them to determine their necessity or efficiency.

If I arrive at an emergency room conscious the doctor is obliged to inform me of the actions he intends to take to save my life and together with my next of kin agree to which procedure is best applicable. People explain things to those THEY SERVE. It is mandatory. It is how democracies work. It is best practice.

Critical issues are debated by all stakeholders of which the citizenry is the principal. It is us who will repay these loans, suffer the consequences, or enjoy the benefits. But can an average citizen who is already suffering the ill effects of outrageous interest payments today say in detail what these additional loans are taken for, not to talk of having a say as to whether the benefits outweigh the potential worsening situation to come?

They know that there is a vocal mass of people out there who are just filled with sentiment, too ignorant to understand democracy and too careless to appreciate the responsibility of holding those they have employed and entrusted to care for them accountable. For how can one employ a servant he cannot control, cannot demand accountability from or cannot direct. How do you agree to pay such a person and surrender the keys of your property to him/them.

At the end of the day employees/politicians will come and go. It is the business owner, the stakeholders that will be left with the consequences. In two years the blame on Mr. Buhari and his government will (have to) cease. It is us that will be left with the mess. The time to act is when they are in power. Now.

Nigerians should wake up from their sentiment and start asking this government serious questions. I repeat. In working democracies the people drive government, drive policies, drive agendas and regulate actions. There the dog wags the tail.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Reference(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2021
I repeat again.

By June 2023, Nigerians will have nothing on Mr. Buhari and anyone in his cabinet today. Blaming him then will be as tragic as reading the label after drinking poison.

The time to act is when you have influence and when he/they can be influenced. It is now.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Sacrosanct12(m): 8:48am On Jul 16, 2021
Karlovych:
grin grin grin By the time our darling daddy is done and finished with the country, Zimbabwe and Somalia will be paradise compared to Nigeria. From all of us at the Association of Vulture Grillers we support this loan and I really think Jubrin should run for a third term. Nigerians must have sense by force, #Operation Bankrupt the Nation
Sai Baba
Sai 4+4
Sai 2023-2027
I have bought enough broom in anticipation of the coming campaign. Since everybody no hear word the last time, Na me no go hear this time around. 4+4 till thy kingdom come. cool

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by storm001(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2021
Was it not this same APC that said Nigeria is in hug dept because of PDP borrowing.

How come are they borrowing with no remorse
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Abdulyusuf206: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2021
Am telling you
mogbeyiteren:
Lawn led Senate is the worst in Nigeria history
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Babathanks(m): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Benmob:
which can useless comment is thiz, why d hate of a particular tribe, I don't be to tribal but which main tribe mainly vote or brought buhari into power in d southern part,d Igbo first say dey want out of Nigeria in buhari first tenure and is it not now Yoruba want their own Yoruba nation when u guys notice buhari doesn't care about any tribe accept is own Fulani, yes nnamdi Azikiwe mess up big time I know but mko abiola did d same wat Azikiwe did even now tinubu did d same and doing it now
This country is not meant to be together in the first place but your forefathers use greed to join us together, thankgod we are in this mess together
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:18am On Jul 16, 2021
If Nigeria eventually break up, how will all this loan be paid shocked
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by AyomideOG01: 9:22am On Jul 16, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Senate-approves-Buharis-request-for-$8325m-€490m-external-loans
Is it 8.325 billion or million?

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by frog12: 9:25am On Jul 16, 2021
this MAN go kill us with debt
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by ICEWIN: 9:27am On Jul 16, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
Because the loans are being used to pay their jumbo salaries and allowances, so they have to approve it, Nigeria is dead, it's break up time.

Yoruba Nation will secede from Nigeria and day will continue to be bright
INTERESTING

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Babathanks(m): 9:28am On Jul 16, 2021
Nigeriadondie:

When igbos fought for it in 1967-70 all of una say One Nigeria. Na lie we no dey go anywhere. We go dey here together. No be only Yoruba nation.
I swear bro, u know well ���, the main reason we the Yoruba did not support you guys in 1967 is because of greed and selfishness cos you guys claim some of Yoruba part in Edo and delta as Biafra. Yoruba nation would come very soon, we are different from you guys and Almighty God would grant us

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 16, 2021
After this , them go settle Fulani herdsmen another Money to buy weapons and wreck more havoc. God, Wherever you day, Fast fast answer me biko. Make i go day love Nigeria from afar.
Country of No hope and Value!
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by seangy4konji: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2021
Somalia is one of the best countries in africa now to live in....Even after decades of war....
gambia:
This country is gone, by the time Buhari is done with this shithole, even his gullible supporters will be atonished. They will prefer to stay in Somalia, honestly how do you expect someone to be patriotic to this kind of country filled with greedy and wicked leaders. The best I can do is Japa asap. This country is not for me.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 16, 2021
Jamesbiodun:
If Nigeria eventually break up, how will all this loan be paid shocked
Arewanistan will pay it na.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2021
Nigeriadondie:

Na only you go dey here, wetin concern Yoruba concern Igbo, was Ojukwu fighting for the whole of Nigeria or the right of the SE? Ogbeni get your facts right, at first it is going to be Southern Nigeria v Northern Nigeria, after that battle is won then the whole of the Southern Nigeria peacefully separate
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by dchamp234(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Senate-approves-Buharis-request-for-$8325m-€490m-external-loans
This man knows he's leaving office very soon and he wants to borrow more than what the country can't pay in 30 years time. That's a Muslim for you, this is not about Buhari but him and is executives who are all Muslims. I regret being a Nigerian, being mixed with Muslims.....

1 Share

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by musulumi(m): 11:35am On Jul 16, 2021
But wait oo.. I thought BVN does not allow you to have multiple loans? Like you can't access a new loan without paying current one? How is Buhari doing it?
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by Nigeriadondie: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2021
Babathanks:

I swear bro, u know well ���, the main reason we the Yoruba did not support you guys in 1967 is because of greed and selfishness cos you guys claim some of Yoruba part in Edo and delta as Biafra. Yoruba nation would come very soon, we are different from you guys and Almighty God would grant us
We are watching
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by ofiko123(m): 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
May God help the Nigerian senate...
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans by tahiwopreety(f): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2021
[quote author=Tajbol4splend post=103753351]Because the loans are being used to pay their jumbo salaries and allowances, so they have to approve it, Nigeria is dead, it's break up time.

hmm.when will all these stop....why won't they approve it...! when they knew that they are the highest beneficial...despite the state of things..Kai this government has fail us...borrowing ,yet no increments on civil servant salary...things is been manage poorly...God ...when would you intervene in this so call country..?☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafrans buy Armoured tanker for explosion PHOTOS / NIN, SIM Incapable Of Tackling Kidnapping, Others - Prof. Adesina Sodiya / DSS insists Yari was invited, denies Carting Away Files From ICPC, CCB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.