Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,760 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security (18793 Views)

Court Sacking: INEC Suspends Action On Umahi’s Defection, Cites Reasons / Aisha Buhari Relocates To Dubai; Cites Insecurity In Aso Villa - SaharaReporters / Laolu Akande Denies Liking Tweet Insulting Buhari, Cites “Touch Error” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by IhateYouMan: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2021
The United States Embassy in Abuja says public operations will be reduced effective Friday, July 16, 2021.

A statement posted on Facebook Thursday night called the development “a security precaution”.

It noted that July 20 and July 21 are holidays in Nigeria and the Embassy is scheduled to be closed on those days.

The Embassy said full public operations will resume on Monday, July 26.

Services affected include routine American citizen services, visas, and the Education Advising Center.

The statement advised Americans who may experience an emergency to contact the duty officer through the Embassy switchboard.

Next Tuesday and Wednesday are holidays to mark the 2021 Eid-el-Kabir celebration. Security is being heightened in the nation’s capital and many states.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/16/us-embassy-reduces-operations-in-abuja-cites-security

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Hezzyluv: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2021
I wish they can approve my Visa and others who choose to travel outta 9ja.
Before they remove their embassy fom Nigeria kpata-kpata grin grin grin

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Dmavin: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2021
So sad the type of news we hear this days

Abeg Jari I will Design a Professional Logo or Company Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

MY Contact Here
https://www.nairaland.com/dmavin

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by colorsofrainbow: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2021
Fake news..North is very safe!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Seniorwriter(m): 10:27am On Jul 16, 2021
Interesting ....

This present clueless, incompetent & terrorists sympathizing Buhari led administration will end up creating a very memorable record for historians.
SMH
Mutigadara1:
Did you even read the news?
Mutigadara1:
Yes ohh. And so many people did not even read the news, but are quick to comment. The future of Nigeria is not bright oohhh �
With your level of IQ it seems your definition of brightness refers to you and your likes ...so you need the OP to post a picture of their consular before you'll comprehend the publication?
Is the write up on the news not explicitly clear of the reasons they are taking such decisions as regards their new module operandi?SMH @you....
The U.S.A and most part of Europeans do not reduce work operations because of holidays dates but they are doing so because they are aware of the rise in insecurity in Nigeria and know that such days are safe heavens for terrorists and this present administration is clearly incompetent in this aspect.

Mutigadara1:
I would have engage you in a civil discussion, but it seems like the hatred you have for my kind clouds your judgement. I'm not here to argue, but to be civil. There's no need for insult and yet I am the uncivilised.
To read is not what defines.
Deep Quote
Ability to read and comprehend is a superpower....you lack it.

@Seniorwriter ..........

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by ignis: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2021
The headline and the body have no correlation whatsoever...

Poor Journalism

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Crunchyg2: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2021
Hello good people of nairaland. I run a POS business which I just got a new location which I want to open a second POS but my challenge is enough fund. I need someone who can invest 100k and get 10k return every month or 50k and get 5k return every month and anytime you are ready to take your initial capital back you can take it. I am in Lagos and I am ready to provide you any thing that you might need as collateral . My number is below on my signature.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Mepebi: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2021
Read carefully
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by ictjobber: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2021
capital city
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by esnbrutality: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy....Shey zombies say UNGUN KNOWN MEN na IPOB AND ESN...ABI??

The PLOT thickens...IPOB is giving this useless Government Gbas Gbos on every diplomatic front!!

A time will come na only NIGER REPUBLIC GO WELCOME ZOMBIES...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by datola: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2021
Nigerian leaders always begging to go to the US and other great nations after destroying their own country with corruption.

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by osuofia2(m): 10:35am On Jul 16, 2021
fake Tinubu media news to paint baba Buhari govt bad
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Abboki: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by RisenJoe(m): 10:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Bobo Chicago and his urchins cum miscreants will be happy with this development, cos that will mean less monitoring for his cocaine cum heroin business....

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by wedibooka: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Nonexisting1: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Very soon, they will leave patapata.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by JackDaAlienz(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2021
B
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by DeZoro(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2021
This is no any security reason na. Just the holidays. Pls be guided on the topic

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 16, 2021
Buhari body odour
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Folabifreeman(m): 10:37am On Jul 16, 2021
Nothing to say.
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by KingOdart(m): 10:38am On Jul 16, 2021
These Yankees acting like there are no psychos in USA that can boldly walk into an embassy and open fire on everyone just for a flimsy excuse, but yeah let's use Nigeria to stroke our delusional ego

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Hookupbase(m): 10:38am On Jul 16, 2021
Thumb up, 9jeria is becoming a country acting Movies , Dss are misbehaving, Buhari the Nigeria number 1 Animal do his things according to his animal brain ...
No be me talk am Oooooo shocked

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Wotil: 10:39am On Jul 16, 2021
Why
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by skywalker240(m): 10:41am On Jul 16, 2021
Next Level
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:41am On Jul 16, 2021
US wey deny my brother Visa... una father nyashhhh there!!!!!!!
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by MansoryMX(m): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2021
Everything happening right now has been pre-planned by Islam extremists who have hijacked our government, who have hijacked sensitive positions in our government and our armed forces. Bandits are Islamic tools used by these people. Fulani foot soldiers killing people are Islamic tools used by these same people and lastly BokoHaram or ISWAP whatever they call themselves are their number Islamic tools they are using to cause destruction all over Nigeria. Now the real question is how do you stop violence once you have achieved your aim using violence? The end results are all these kidnappings we are seeing today. They opened Pandora’s box and we all know what happens when you open Pandora’s box!

A lot of companies will soon start leaving Abuja! Mark my words today. You see all those fine places in Abuja they beautified with the sweat of South South people! It will be overrun by the monster they created.
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by bjtinz: 10:44am On Jul 16, 2021
Abeg make them chill. Why didn't they reduce in thier home country as well with all the mass shootings
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by tunapawizzy: 10:44am On Jul 16, 2021
hmmmm
Re: US Embassy Reduces Operations In Abuja, Cites Security by Plut01: 10:46am On Jul 16, 2021

Knowing full well Bubu boys are just some miles away......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sit At Home Defied In Abakaliki (Pictures) / APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea / Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.