Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea (18792 Views)

APC Women Leaders Visit Tinubu (Photo) / House Of Representative Members Visit Tinubu In London (Photos) / Opinion: APC Can Now Consider South-south For 2023 Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by dre11(m): 7:10am On Apr 26, 2023
Adamu, APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’South for Senate President, N’West for Speaker

•Other interests also pushing north central for speakership /b]

[b]National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Abdullahi Adamu, and other prominent party leaders, yesterday, visited the president-elect, Bola Tinubu, who returned to the country on Monday after a month stay in France.

Tinubu had gone to take a rest after an exhausting presidential campaign, which culminated in the election on February 25.

Other APC leaders on the national chairman’s entourage during the visit included Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila; Ekiti State Governor Biodun Oyebanji; Senators Godswill Akpabio, Jibrin Barau, Olamilekan Adeola, Opeyemi Bamidele, Emma Bwacha, and Tokunbo Abiru; and Hon. James Faleke.

Indications, however, emerged from the visit that the party leadership might have decided on the zoning formular for the 10th National Assembly leadership, with the South-south allegedly penciled in for senate president while the North West is being considered for speakership.

Although details of the development have yet to be made public or concluded as discussions were still ongoing, there were other interests said to be pushing the North Central for speakership, based on their support during the presidential poll.

The visit to the president-elect had come amid uncertainty over the contest for principal offices of the incoming 10th National Assembly. The APC National Working Committee (NWC) appeared helpless in the face of an unwieldy number of aspirants jostling for the National Assembly leadership positions.

But it seemed the party has begun to make a headway with the purported agreement to zone the two most import offices – the senate presidency and speakership – to the south-south and north west respectively.

Tinubu returned to Nigeria from France on Monday after a month’s rest ahead of his inauguration on May 29.

Adamu, too, had been out of the country for about two weeks but resumed at the national secretariat of APC yesterday before heading to Tinubu’s house in Asokoro.

The APC national chairman resumed a day to the expiration of the seven days ultimatum given him last week by APC National Vice Chairman, North-west, Dr. Salihu Lukman, who threatened to drag him to court if he refused to convene the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the party.

Although details of the meeting with Tinubu were still sketchy at the time of filing this report, it might not be unconnected with the zoning of leadership positions of the 10th National Assembly.

But the inability of the NWC to streamline the number of contestants by zoning the leadership positions of the 10th Assembly might have made the contest somewhat cumbersome.

At the moment, contestants for Senate President include Senator Barau Jibrin (Kano State, North-west); former governor of Zamfara State, Abdul Aziz Yari (Zamfara State, North-west); Senator Orji Uzo Kalu (Abia State, South-east); Senator Osita Izunanso (Imo State, South-east); Senator Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom State, South-south); and Senator Sani Musa (Niger State, North-central).

Similarly, contestants for Speaker of the House of Representatives include Hon. Ahmed Idris Wase (Plateau State, North-central); Hon. Mukhtar Betara (Borno State, North-east); Hon. Abbas Tajudeen (Kaduna State, North-west); Hon. Sada Soli (Katsina State, North-west); and Hon. Aminu Jaji (Zamfara State, North-west).

Speaking with journalists after the meeting with Tinubu, Akpabio said his record qualified him for the 10th Senate presidency.

“My records will earn me the Senate presidency,” he boasted.

Nonetheless, the NWC of the party is scheduled to meet for its weekly meeting today. It is expected that the zoning of the leadership of the 10th National Assembly would be a key agenda at today’s meeting.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/04/26/adamu-apc-leaders-visit-tinubu-consider-ssouth-for-senate-president-nwest-for-speaker/

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Ihateheadslamer: 7:12am On Apr 26, 2023
All I know is that Dr orji Uzor Kalu is the incoming senate President of federal republic of Nigeria in few days

7 Likes 15 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by yinkus6750(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2023
The party should come out openly and make a pronouncement on positions within the NASS.
This will guide members and douse the present tension.
They should call the members and give the right directive.
Tho we don't want a rubber stamp legislative srm.

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by GeneralPula: 7:16am On Apr 26, 2023
Looking nice..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Epistasis(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2023
"Baboon no fit work make monkey come dey chop" not acceptable. South south for Senate president and North west for Speakership. The other South should get theirs from Ellu P while Kalu should get his from the Lawan he supported.

110 Likes 13 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by tonicyril: 7:18am On Apr 26, 2023
Every sensible person knows that SP belongs to the people of SS

But some funny people with cup of tea wrist watch are still looking for the mirage mandate upandan grin grin

Very funny people....na everybody dey victimize them, even a toddler can victimize them grin

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by tonicyril: 7:19am On Apr 26, 2023
Epistasis:
"Baboon no fit work make monkey come dey chop" not acceptable. South south for Senate president and North west for Speakership. They other South should get theirs from Ellu P while Kalu should get his from the Lawan he supported.
Very unwise pipu🤣🤣🤣

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by N3TRAL: 7:21am On Apr 26, 2023
yinkus6750:
The party should come out openly and make a pronouncement on positions within the NASS.
This will guide members and douse the present tension.
They should call the members and give the right directive.
Tho we don't want a rubber stamp legislative srm.

There's no tension.

Only members of the National Assembly will vote!

Everything was decided yesterday!

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by DWJOBScom(m): 7:25am On Apr 26, 2023
How do you come to inform someone you should checkmate to approve house leadership 🤔

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Penguin2: 7:27am On Apr 26, 2023
I’ve said it many times before and I will say it again.

Only fools will support Orji Uzor Kalu on the basis of zoning and religion; the 2 things he said didn’t matter during the presidential election. Why should they matter now?

I join those who are arguing that APC should zone everything to Northwest to appreciate their voters and cement their base.

In fact, I suggest that Tinubu should not appoint any Minister from Southeast. All southeastern slot should be used to give 2 ministers each to Northwestern States.

Again, all federal projects in the Southeast should be abandoned. And where possible, all the roads already constructed should be scrapped out.

Lastly, Tinubu should stop Federal allocation to all Southeast states let us survive on our hatred and bitterness. Who cares about constitutional provisions? Did they care when they stole the mandate?

My happiness is that the Igbo politicians who were busy rigging election for Tinubu in Southeast can now see how stupid and foolish they were.

No matter what the Igbo man does in this country, he will never be appreciated. The bar will always be raised high for Igbos. And the best thing is to stop trying to please anyone.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Aboki99(m): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2023
This is great.

Politics is give and take.

No one, no region should reap where they didn't sow.

The SS should should get the Senate leadership for balance, for unlike others they were not naive and myopic to put all their eggs in one basket purely based on base sentiment.

The NW also contributed greatly by giving the highest votes. They deserve even more.

Whoever is unhappy Lagos lagoon is there.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by mcmurphy132(m): 7:29am On Apr 26, 2023
God bless Goodwill Akpabio

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by LadiIshola(m): 7:30am On Apr 26, 2023
Regardless of how APC zones these positions, if care is not taken, I see OUK pulling another Saraki on the party. His desperation is close to none.
So they must ensure all lawmakers from the party do not disobey party directives and vote in line with party wishes. Good luck to Akpabio or any other candidate from the SS.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by LadiIshola(m): 7:33am On Apr 26, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
All I know is that Dr orji Uzor Kalu is the incoming senate President of federal republic of Nigeria in few days
In your scariest nightmares, not in Nigeria. He should go and lobby Ahmed Lawan for the Senate Presidency. Lubbich!!

36 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Jogs1900: 7:34am On Apr 26, 2023
tonicyril:
Very unwise pipu🤣🤣🤣
Na these set of people still dey protest up and down...But look at it, despite Tinubus party at the helm of affairs with 22 state governors that backed him, he campaigned vigorously more than the other candidates. I don't know why they are pained that he won them

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by MissLeslie(m): 7:35am On Apr 26, 2023
Apabio and Adam should be worming up for the position of SP.

6 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by backtovillage: 7:37am On Apr 26, 2023
Akpabio is the undeniable SP.
The guy stepped down for Tinubu while Kanu uzo was busy raising shoulder to become VP of Lawan

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Jogs1900: 7:37am On Apr 26, 2023
LadiIshola:
Regardless of how APC zones these positions, if care is not taken, I see OUK pulling another Saraki on the party. His desperation is close to none.
So they must ensure all lawmakers from the party do not disobey party directives and vote in line with party wishes. Good luck to Akpabio or any other candidate from the SS.
OUK can't do shishi....Buhari allowed the loophole Saraki exploited and you know the party chairman tactically supported Sarakis ambition....Buhari was somehow undecided...Jagaban and his team will not allow OUK to succeed...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Parachoko: 7:38am On Apr 26, 2023
The Senate President will surely com from the South South

8 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2023
Deep down your heart, it's paining you and your ilks Senate Presidency will elude Ndi Igbo but you'll always feign unconcerned in public.
Penguin2:
I’ve said it many times before and I will say it again.

Only fools will support Orji Uzor Kalu on the basis of zoning and religion; the 2 things he said didn’t matter during the presidential election.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by inoki247: 7:41am On Apr 26, 2023
SS really du do dere home work dey really deserve it cos no bitterness in dem with aw APC mail dere son bak to Bayelsa dey didn't go around abusing people nor cursing anybody for it...

21 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by tonicyril: 7:41am On Apr 26, 2023
Jogs1900:

Na these set of people still dey protest up and down...But look at it, despite Tinubus party at the helm of affairs with 22 state governors that backed him, he campaigned vigorously more than the other candidates. I don't know why they are pained that he won them
they just hate him for no reason..

Ask them wat tinubu did to them to justify their hatred towards him dey will insult you grin

Why will some particular set of people will just choose to be dumb remain a mystery to me grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by BaddestQueen(f): 7:42am On Apr 26, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Deep down your heart, it's paining you and your ilks Senate Presidency will elude Ndi Igbo but you'll always feign unconcerned in public.
sweetheart how are you doing
I had a nice time with you yesterday night ❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:43am On Apr 26, 2023
grin
BaddestQueen:
sweetheart how are you doing
I had a nice time with you yesterday night ❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by BaddestQueen(f): 7:45am On Apr 26, 2023
Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by SwissMass: 7:46am On Apr 26, 2023
Sealed signed and delivered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by SpatialKing(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

He should first build bridges
Stronger and longer bridges

9 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Cajal(m): 7:47am On Apr 26, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Dey play

Akpabio-Barau jibrin...SP AND DSP

DOGUWA -BEN KALU....Spk and DSpk

7 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Penguin2: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2023
TheNiceGuy:

David Mark was Senate President for 8 years. Can you point to one single benefit that that brought to North Central in general or even Benue in particular and why Igbos would be pained if they don’t get the SP?

While at it, also tell me what Northeast has benefited from Ahmed Lawan’s Senate Presidency in the last 4 years.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by Penguin2: 8:39am On Apr 26, 2023
Cajal:

Dey play

Akpabio-Barau jibrin...SP AND DSP

DOGUWA -BEN KALU....Spk and DSpk

If an Igbo man is not good enough to be Senate President, tell me why an Igbo man is good enough for Deputy Speaker🤔?
Re: APC Leaders Visit Tinubu, Consider S’south For Senate President, N’west For Spea by StreetFight: 8:41am On Apr 26, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

You will weep.

The next Senate President is Godswill Akpabio because that is God’s Will. Orji Uzor Kalu should go and get position from Ahmed Lawan whom he presented to Buhari as South East consensus candidate for the Presidency. Shameless idiot

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan / NBA, Others Condemn Ricky Tarfa’s Arrest By EFCC / Shettima And His Wife As Young Couple (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.