Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Does God Still Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Still Work? (410 Views)

Can God Still Forgive Satan? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Still Work? by KaideeGee(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
Peace...

"For we who have believed have entered this rest, as He has said, “As I have sworn in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest.’” However, His works have been finished since the creation of the world."
Hebrews 4:3 MEV

Do you believe in the concept of pre-ordination? Your whole life being scripted? Being... I dunno... over before it even began?

This scripture sure changes my perspective on things. But one thing you can be sure of is that WORD of GOD cannot be broken. Though heaven and Earth passes away, GOD'S WORDS remains!

Does this also mean that God has been resting ever since Genesis? That would sure throw in a lot of confusion into things.

"For whoever enters His rest will also cease from his own works, as God did from His."

Hebrews 4:10 MEV

Just food for thought.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Does God Still Work? by Promzy99: 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
Those who know dia god shall do xploit. Onye na chi ya!
Re: Does God Still Work? by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Jul 17, 2021
KaideeGee:
Peace...
"For we who have believed have entered this rest, as He has said, “As I have sworn in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest.’” However, His works have been finished since the creation of the world."

Do you believe in the concept of pre-ordination? Your whole life being scripted? Being... I dunno... over before it even began?

This scripture sure changes my perspective on things. But one thing you can be sure of is that WORD of GOD cannot be broken. Though heaven and Earth passes away, GOD'S WORDS remains!

Does this also mean that God has been resting ever since Genesis? That would sure throw in a lot of confusion into things.

Just food for thought.
Shalom.
1. Jesus Christ never preached that our lives and choices were preordained by God in any way or form and we know too that all doctrines and traditions of men are an abomination to God - Matthew 15 vs 1-14. undecided

2. We are told in Genesis that God rested on the 7th day. Is it still the 7th day for God or does He did He have work left over to do after completing His Work on the 6th day? undecided

Jesus Christ came to us proclaiming that He is the Lord of the Sabbath, making every day a day of rest for those who will follow Him. Rest from what? Rest from work imposed on us by God when He threw man out of His Garden .

Then God said to the man,
“I commanded you not to eat from that tree. But you listened to your wife and ate from it.
So I will curse the ground because of you. You will have to work hard all your life for the food the ground produces.
The ground will grow thorns and weeds for you. And you will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields.
You will work hard for your food, until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die,

and then you will become dust again.
I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.”
- Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19
Re: Does God Still Work? by KaideeGee(m): 3:55am On Jul 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ never preached that our lives and choices were preordained by God in any way or form and we know too that all doctrines and traditions of men are an abomination to God - Matthew 15 vs 1-14. undecided

2. We are told in Genesis that God rested on the 7th day. Is it still the 7th day for God or does He did He have work left over to do after completing His Work on the 6th day? undecided

Jesus Christ came to us proclaiming that He is the Lord of the Sabbath, making every day a day of rest for those who will follow Him. Rest from what? Rest from work imposed on us by God when He threw man out of His Garden .

“I commanded you not to eat from that tree. But you listened to your wife and ate from it.
So I will curse the ground because of you. You will have to work hard all your life for the food the ground produces.
The ground will grow thorns and weeds for you. And you will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields.
You will work hard for your food, until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die,

- Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19

Bro, I'm was just as confused as you are... If you can throw more light on this matter, it will be appreciated.
Re: Does God Still Work? by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Jul 17, 2021
KaideeGee:

Bro, I'm was just as confused as you are... If you can throw more light on this matter, it will be appreciated.
Jesus Christ did say....

Come to me all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry. I will give you rest. Accept my teaching.[d] Learn from me. I am gentle and humble in spirit. And you will be able to get some rest. Yes, the teaching that I ask you to accept is easy. The load I give you to carry is light.”
- Matthew 11 vs 28- 30

We were forced to do work by God since Adam, but here Jesus Christ offers us rest from that work.

- Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19

So, even Jesus Christ came that we enter rest as well.

And what does rest from that work mean? It means instead of working for food that perishes, we are to instead work for food that endures to eternity which only Jesus Christ can give us.

The people found Jesus on the other side of the lake. They asked him, “Teacher, when did you come here?”
He answered, “Why are you looking for me? Is it because you saw miraculous signs? The truth is, you are looking for me because you ate the bread and were satisfied.
But earthly food spoils and ruins. So don’t work to get that kind of food. But work to get the food that stays good and gives you eternal life. The Son of Man will give you that food. He is the only one qualified by God the Father to give it to you.”

The people asked Jesus, “What does God want us to do?”
Jesus answered, “The work God wants you to do is this: to believe in the one he sent.”
- John 6 vs 25 - 29
Re: Does God Still Work? by KaideeGee(m): 4:19am On Jul 17, 2021
Bro, I think you are derailing a bit, I only asked for clarification if God still works or if He has been resting since the creation ended.

We all know Jesus came to give rest, but the bible also says we should work out your salvation with fear and with trembling.

Also I believe there is no rest without labor or else what would be the essence of the rest?
Re: Does God Still Work? by Kobojunkie: 4:32am On Jul 17, 2021
KaideeGee:
Bro, I think you are derailing a bit, I only asked for clarification if God still works or if He has been resting since the creation ended.

We all know Jesus came to give rest, but the bible also says we should work out your salvation with fear and with trembling.

Also I believe there is no rest without labor or else what would be the essence of the rest?
1. If Jesus Christ came to give us rest, whose rest is it? undecided

2. It is never a good idea to pull out only portions of a verse , disregarding context in the process, as we you loose the meaning intended by the author or writer. That very problem is evident even in this case here with that popular "sound bit" pulled from one of Paul's letters.

My dear friends, you always obeyed what you were taught. Just as you obeyed when I was with you, it is even more important for you to obey now that I am not there. So you must continue to live in a way that gives meaning to your salvation.
- Philippians 2 vs 12

Notice how the verse becomes better understood when you consider it all in full. undecided

3. Well, Jesus Christ calls to Himself all those who have previously labored, are now weary and heavy laden. Surely, we all have labored and so have run to Jesus Christ to find rest from all the weariness of this world. undecided
Re: Does God Still Work? by xproducer: 4:45am On Jul 17, 2021
KaideeGee:
Peace...

"For whoever enters His rest will also cease from his own works, as God did from His."

Just food for thought.

Shalom.

------

GOD knows all things... but GOD, I believe is still evidently working around us and and in His own; though the work of salvation (which only He could do) was principally "finished from the foundation of the world." - Hebrews 4:3

Honor the Father and the Son
"For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.

Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God." - John 5:16-18

"This decision is by the decree of the watchers, And the sentence by the word of the holy ones, In order that the living may know That the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, Gives it to whomever He will, And sets over it the lowest of men." - Daniel 4:17 (Also Daniel 4:25, Daniel 4:32, Daniel 5:21).

"He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep." - Psalm 121:3-4

Light Bearers
"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." - Philippians 2:12-13

GOD resting on the seventh day is symbolic of His rest into which we enter by grace alone - doing no work to earn salvation.

+++
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." - Ephesians 2:8-10

"just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:" - Romans 4:6

++++++++

"The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah. I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn: Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck. For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another" - Psalms 75:3-4
Re: Does God Still Work? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:29am On Jul 17, 2021
KaideeGee:
Peace...

If you speak the Truth, you would know that God did not pre-ordain many things rather it is the choices you made.

If you are heading to Ibadan from Abuja and you use Abuja-Kaduna expressway it is most foreseeable that you would never get to Ibadan.

That is the power of making the wrong choice and acting without good information.

KaideeGee:

Just food for thought.

Shalom.

The word is "enter into His Rest". The correct question should be how do I get there? And not whether God is resting. If God Rests or Works, it would still have no value for you, His Rest or Work is not for You!
Re: Does God Still Work? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:44am On Jul 17, 2021
KaideeGee:

There are 2 Types of Living men live in this world.

1) Under the Curse and Law of God in Genesis 3 and

2) Outside and Above The Curse and Law in Genesis 3.

99% of people are born into the Curse, which is where you are.

But if look at the beginning of David's life in 1 Samuel, you would see that he was living the Promises of God until he cheated on Mica, his wife in Disobedience of God's Law.

And what did David say when it was well with him?

Obey God's Commandments, Obey His Statutes, Obey His Ordinances (Remember ordinances are Proclamations and Testinonies), Obey His Judgements..

All these things are they not written in his Psalms and Proverbs?
Re: Does God Still Work? by KaideeGee(m): 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
xproducer:

------

GOD knows all things... but GOD, I believe is still evidently working around us and and in His own; though the work of salvation (which only He could do) was principally "finished from the foundation of the world." - Hebrews 4:3

Honor the Father and the Son
"For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.

Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God." - John 5:16-18

"This decision is by the decree of the watchers, And the sentence by the word of the holy ones, In order that the living may know That the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, Gives it to whomever He will, And sets over it the lowest of men." - Daniel 4:17 (Also Daniel 4:25, Daniel 4:32, Daniel 5:21).

"He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep." - Psalm 121:3-4

Light Bearers
"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." - Philippians 2:12-13

GOD resting on the seventh day is symbolic of His rest into which we enter by grace alone - doing no work to earn salvation.

+++
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." - Ephesians 2:8-10

"just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:" - Romans 4:6

++++++++

"The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah. I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn: Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck. For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another" - Psalms 75:3-4

Thanks for the scripture John 5. I really appreciate it.
Re: Does God Still Work? by xproducer: 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
KaideeGee:

Thanks for the scripture John 5. I really appreciate it.

---

Certainly, and we thank and praise GOD! smiley
Re: Does God Still Work? by kingxsamz(m): 12:46am On Jul 18, 2021
Yes of course, why not?

But only in the bible sha.
Same way Spider Man only works in Marvel Movies /comics. They both have no effect in real life.
Re: Does God Still Work? by Image123(m): 6:09am On Jul 18, 2021
kingxsamz:
Yes of course, why not?

But only in the bible sha.
Same way Spider Man only works in Marvel Movies /comics. They both have no effect in real life.

Only that billions of people, including your parents and bosses testify to God working. Ever heard them do same for spiderman? Dey reason na Samuel, you no dey chop balance diet ni?
Re: Does God Still Work? by chiommy123(f): 6:59am On Jul 18, 2021
Yes God is still working tirelessly everyday imagine millions of people calling upon him everywhere to help out in the world

1 Like

Re: Does God Still Work? by kingxsamz(m): 7:01am On Jul 18, 2021
chiommy123:
Yes God is still working tirelessly everyday imagine millions of people calling upon him everywhere to help out in the world

Yes, but their calls ends up on deaf ears.
Re: Does God Still Work? by kingxsamz(m): 7:03am On Jul 18, 2021
Image123:

Only that billions of people, including your parents and bosses testify to God working. Ever heard them do same for spiderman? Dey reason na Samuel, you no dey chop balance diet ni?

Cry.
https://www.nairaland.com/6626351/local-residents-claim-spotted-chicken#103241483
Re: Does God Still Work? by Mrsoft3(m): 7:42am On Jul 18, 2021
chiommy123:

The trillions of creations calling upon him.

Even animals and plants praise God

(1) (Reply)

Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You / (Download) MYSTERY OF SUPERNATURAL ENCOUNTERS Apostle Joshua Selman (August 15) / What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.