Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Is Reception A Most In Wedding - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Reception A Most In Wedding (1580 Views)

Nigerian Groom & Bride Storm Wedding Reception In Keke Convoy, Photos Stun Many / Nigerian Bride & Groom Hold Each Others Private Parts In Wedding Videos & Photos / Father And Daughter Cry In Wedding Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
ethicallyright:

I am a full-hearted campaigner for women's right which makes your welcomed advice on why not to be entitled valid yet a reiteration.

Pretty women force me to hug them after fighting to be in my lives. That first hug is often accompanied by an inquiry process because these ladies find my life intriguing. After involuntarily playing detectives for a couple of days, sometimes weeks or months, most of them suggest that I need "someone like them" to care for me. They stress that I deserve to be loved.

I have never believed I deserve someone's daughter. I think I am too poor to make a promise to love and cherish a human female. Contrary to the norm, the girls think I am their entitlement, birth right, soulmate or whatever you'll love to call it.

I always tell them that romance is for the wealthy, but they always insist that they are made for me and we will grow as a couple.

If girls perfectly made for the runway see a poor me as Mr. Right, I am certain a rich me can contract marriage with a beautiful woman in my living room. It doesn't matter if she's always dreamt of wearing a long white wedding dress and walking down the aisle at a well trimmed field, decorated with roses, hibiscus and lilies since childhood.

Imaima1 , I have responded here.

Sounds as fairy tale as Korean movies.

When the time is right for you to settle down, things will get more real.

1 Like

Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by Mariangeles(f): 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
ethicallyright:

I am a full-hearted campaigner for women's right which makes your welcomed advice on why not to be entitled valid yet a reiteration.

Pretty women force me to hug them after fighting to be in my lives. That first hug is often accompanied by an inquiry process because these ladies find my life intriguing. After involuntarily playing detectives for a couple of days, sometimes weeks or months, most of them suggest that I need "someone like them" to care for me. They stress that I deserve to be loved.

I have never believed I deserve someone's daughter. I think I am too poor to make a promise to love and cherish a human female. Contrary to the norm, the girls think I am their entitlement, birth right, soulmate or whatever you'll love to call it.

I always tell them that romance is for the wealthy, but they always insist that they are made for me and we will grow as a couple.

If girls perfectly made for the runway see a poor me as Mr. Right, I am certain a rich me can contract marriage with a beautiful woman in my living room. It doesn't matter if she's always dreamt of wearing a long white wedding dress and walking down the aisle at a well trimmed field, decorated with roses, hibiscus and lilies since childhood.

Imaima1 , I have responded here.

One thing I can assure you is that you’re very much entitled to your illusions. As long as they keep you going...

Even your master used to be at the phase you’re in, and now he’s singing a different tune.
Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
ImaIma1:

Sounds as fairy tale as Korean movies.

When the time is right for you to settle down, things will get more real.

I guess you want me to live the fairy story of Nollywood epic movies.

I don't picture myself sitting under one of the tents in my father-in-law's compound that weekend waiting for my wife to come kneel at my feet with wine in her hands.

Hundreds or thousands of hopeful faces gazing at me. Dancers and singers doing their thing. Friends of the bride praying for their turn and associates of the groom making it rain like a Las Vegas strip club.

I understand how the scenario painted above makes women from our part of the country feel. Growing up I watched more than fifty of them give testimonies in church that a canopy was erected at their father's compound to put those who thought they'd never say "I do" to shame.

I don't imagine myself doing that. I enjoy absolute privacy. I will care for my wife and give her most of the things she wants, a lavish wedding ceremony is one of the few wishes I'll deny her.
Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2021
Mariangeles:

One thing I can assure you is that you’re very much entitled to your illusions. As long as they keep you going...

Even your master used to be at the phase you’re in, and now he’s singing a different tune.

I'd rather they are called dreams instead of illusions.

You talk like my Master has agreed to marry an evening newspaper. You talk like he is not still adamant about committing to a resourceful woman. You talk like he does not still have myriads of beautiful women to choose from. You talk like he has agreed to host a lavish wedding.

When I saw the posts of a man who refused to be subjugated by the norms of society, I called him Master.

It was in this thread he said he'll do a brief wedding at a registry. That he's left his values or stopped chasing his dreams is only in your head.

Do you know why many men get involved in lavish weddings?

They are afraid of being called broke.
They are afraid of losing a woman they begged to love them or be with them.
They are afraid of what society will say.

A wealthy deviant who is admired by many women will always have a high-class woman willing to be his Mrs under any circumstance.

1 Like

Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
ethicallyright:

I guess you want me to live the fairy story of Nollywood epic movies.

I don't picture myself sitting under one of the tents in my father-in-law's compound that weekend waiting for my wife to come kneel at my feet with wine in her hands.

Hundreds or thousands of hopeful faces gazing at me. Dancers and singers doing their thing. Friends of the bride praying for their turn and associates of the groom making it rain like a Las Vegas strip club.

I understand how the scenario painted above makes women from our part of the country feel. Growing up I watched more than fifty of them give testimonies in church that a canopy was erected at their father's compound to put those who thought they'd never say "I do" to shame.

I don't imagine myself doing that. I enjoy absolute privacy. I will care for my wife and give her most of the things she wants, a lavish wedding ceremony is one of the few wishes I'll deny her.

You sound like my 18 year old nephew. I have told him he will outgrow it. You all do.

Sweety, if that is the tradition, that's exactly what will happen whether you fancy it or not. You think everyone who sits through their wedding really enjoys it? cheesy

And don't be fooled, some men are happier than their brides on the wedding days. Marriage is not important to just women.

1 Like

Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by ThaThinka: 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
beckyomas:

Lol. I guess.

Can I send you a PM? I wish to ask a curious question. smiley
Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by MariamAlheri: 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bola146:
No, your friend is not serious, I don't know why people borrow because of one day ceremony. I attended a wedding last month, all of us wasn't up to 20 people at the court. They served us one big meat pie and a coke inside one fashioned nylon. They were happy and I was happy to celebrate with them too. They have the money but the wife told me they needed to plan ahead, also because of high increase in foods, they changed their plans. Wedding ceremony last just for some hours, na the couple go suffer the hunger

They didn't do traditional marriage too?
Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by Bola146(f): 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2021
MariamAlheri:

They didn't do traditional marriage too?

They did the traditional marriage inside her dad's sitting room, I would have gone there but she said her father said that no crowd, only 5 people came from the husband's family including his parents.

3 Likes

Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by MariamAlheri: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
Bola146:

They did the traditional marriage inside her dad's sitting room, I would have gone there but she said her father said that no crowd, only 5 people came from the husband's family including his parents.

Beautiful, I like this.
Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by simplepee(f): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
Please allow him to borrow nna. Na you hunger go wire?

They don't learn so save your precious advice.
Re: Is Reception A Most In Wedding by beckyomas(f): 9:48am On Jul 21, 2021
ThaThinka:

Can I send you a PM? I wish to ask a curious question. smiley
Okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. / Our Son Is Officially 6months Today. (photos) / Someone On Nairaland Gave Us 30k To Rent A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.