Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll (1657 Views)

Poll: Wife poll

my wife is great: 94% (17 votes)
my wife is ok: 5% (1 vote)
not so good wife: 0% (0 votes)
my wife is awful: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by bluehorizo(m): 11:10am On Apr 10, 2008
Men and women, what do you think makes a good wife? And, for the men what would you rate your wife?

* Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
* Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
* Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
* Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.
* During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
* Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.
* Be happy to see him.
* Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
* Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
* Don't greet him with complaints and problems.
* Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.
* Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
* Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
* Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
* A good wife always knows her place

http://www.j-walk.com/other/goodwife/index.htm
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by almondjoy(f): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
Only a man married to a woman can answer such a question.  Some like Cleopatras, some like Jezebels!  Some like Sandra Dee. . .Lousy with virginity. . .others like the Madonna kind.

Different strokes for different folks.  One size does not fit all. . . NEVER! kiss
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by SweetT1: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2008
food
sex
and
personality
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by chychy(f): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2008
how about what makes a good husband?

y do i have 2 do all that? just so he can stay?

i have needs 2 u know.

but then again, it is a man's world.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by cybersleek(m): 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2008
A nun outside, and a w*@$e in the bedroom!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by ifyalways(f): 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2008
hmmmn undecided
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by Octupus(f): 7:57am On Apr 13, 2008
@chychy,
I disagree.It's not a man's world.Every thing ,every struggle a man does,is to please a woman somewhere.That woman could be his wife,girlfriend,mother,sister,concubine or even an acquaintance.But for sure,without the woman,the man has little reasons for hardwork.

Secondly,have you not heard that even though the man is the head,the woman is the neck that TURNS the head?

IT IS A WOMAN'S WORLD!!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by bluehorizo(m): 11:23am On Apr 13, 2008
@Octupus

You be correct woman! kisses and hugs.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2008
Octupus:

@chychy,
I disagree.It's not a man's world.Every thing ,every struggle a man does,is to please a woman somewhere.That woman could be his wife,girlfriend,mother,sister,concubine or even an acquaintance.But for sure,without the woman,the man has little reasons for hardwork.

Secondly,have you not heard that even though the man is the head,the woman is the neck that TURNS the head?

IT IS A WOMAN'S WORLD!!

NA BETTER WOMAN BORN U.

untill these women start to realize that the fate of their relationship is in their hands then most will continue to have unnecessary wahala
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by MrPataki1: 12:33am On Apr 18, 2008
Trustworthy,

Love,

Respect,

Brains (very intelligent)

Character/Good Attitude,

God fearing,

Patient
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 18, 2008
Mr. Pataki:

Trustworthy,

Love,

Respect,

Brains (very intelligent)

Character/Good Attitude,

God fearing,

Patient

do you posess same qualities yourself ?
just asking
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by MrPataki1: 8:45am On Apr 18, 2008
nwando:

do you posess same qualities yourself ?
just asking

What has your asking got to do with my posts? If you judge me by my nairaland character, you are very wrong!!!!!. . . . .

For your question, YES I DO. Now can we stick to the issue on the topic? undecided
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2008
Mr. Pataki:

What has your asking got to do with my posts? If you judge me by my nairaland character, you are very wrong!!!!!. . . . .

For your question, YES I DO. Now can we stick to the issue on the topic? undecided

touchy touchy!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by MrPataki1: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2008
nwando:

touchy touchy!

undecided
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by almondjoy(f): 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2008
he he he he he he he! cheesy

Some people just behave like "psych" patients! cheesy See what lack of good sex causes. . .frustrations where there should not be any.

touchy touchy touchy for real. . .

Gosh!  Sense of humor=zero!  I wonder how they will be when they get married! Thank God for small mercies. cheesy

What a dry cigarette butt!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by Lady2(f): 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2008
@chychy,

IT IS A WOMAN'S WORLD!!

I couldn't have said it better. Seriously women give themselves too much headache trying to play the roles of men. Be a woman.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by sandra17: 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2008
cheesy   hello everyone,i`m no Nija woman but my husband is Nigerian,please any advice how Nija man like to be treated (for him to never get angry with me)?thanks
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by wendymanda: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2008
sandra17:

cheesy hello everyone,i`m no Nigeria woman but my husband is Nigerian,please any advice how Nigeria man like to be treated (for him to never get angry with me)?thanks

Its virtually impossible to be in any form of relationship with a person and never have disagreements. Therefore your question is one of those to be cast to the inner abyss, well if you become his mat to walk all over, he might still get angry if you got dirty or showed wear and tear.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by Zaria17: 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2008
Every relationship is different. From my experience it depends on your partners needs, one man's food is anothers poison.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by sandra17: 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2008
thanks for your replies,but this is also a culture matter,what is a wife`s behaviour towards her husband in Nigerian culture,or african?he often tells me that if i was an african woman i wouldnt say this or that,when i think i`ve done nothing wrong, undecided thanks
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by wendymanda: 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2008
sandra17:

thanks for your replies,but this is also a culture matter,what is a wife`s behaviour towards her husband in Nigerian culture,or african?he often tells me that if i was an african woman i wouldnt say this or that,when i think i`ve done nothing wrong, undecided thanks

You know what, if ands and buts are silly. He didn't marry an Nigerian (Africa is a continent) he married you an American (I presume) and he knew there were differences just like you know. Tell him you can't have your cake and eat it.

PS Nigerina women don't act as door mats either, he would of course want you to believe that because that way he can pretend to have something over you.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by unit(f): 2:28pm On May 01, 2008
@bluehorizo

* Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
* Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
* Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
* Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.
* During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
* Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.
* Be happy to see him.
* Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
* Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
* Don't greet him with complaints and problems.
* Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.
* Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
* Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
* Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
* A good wife always knows her place

This i believe is a housewife's duty not for a career woman except you want to kill her.A wife is a partner/helpmate not a slave or househelp.If you you have any feelings for her you wont expect all the task above from her.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by Mineomine: 6:18pm On May 02, 2008
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by CrazyMan(m): 6:34pm On May 02, 2008
What makes a good wife. . .

I would say obedience; that’s the major quality that makes up a good wife; every man would love and respect an obedient woman.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? Wife Poll by blaquie: 4:41pm On May 05, 2008
Proverbs 31:10-end All you need is in there

(1) (Reply)

What Made U Feel Good Today! / Do U Mind / Proper & Legitimate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.