Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Advice Needed About Toyota Corolla 1999 A.k.a Small But Mighty. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed About Toyota Corolla 1999 A.k.a Small But Mighty. (1330 Views)

Brake Switch. Small But Mighty!! A Must Read For Car Enthusiasts! / Who Knows More About Toyota Avensis? / 14 Fun Facts You Should Know About Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed About Toyota Corolla 1999 A.k.a Small But Mighty. by Jimraz4: 11:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
Hello Guys,
Am planning to buy a Toyota Corolla a.k.a Small but mighty from a neighbour next week, I need little ideas and knowledge about the car.

What are the major issues to be expected with this kind of car?
Maintenance tips for the car like type of engine oil for service.
Is the car worth the price 650k, though the body is still very clean and engiene well maintained by the previous owner.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: Advice Needed About Toyota Corolla 1999 A.k.a Small But Mighty. by nurey(m): 10:56am On Jul 18, 2021
The engine uses timing chain and bad oil or irregular late oil change affects the chain which causes pletora of problems.

The engine also experience oil shortage of not well maintained.

Take a qualified techy to help you check things B4 u buy.

Re: Advice Needed About Toyota Corolla 1999 A.k.a Small But Mighty. by Jimraz4: 6:33am On Jul 19, 2021
Thanks do much Nurey.

I actually noticed that the engine oil was not gauge the first time I went to check the car. I asked the owner y is the engine oil not gauge. He said he uses 3litre of engine oil to service the car. That his mechanic said it's ok to use 3litre. Should I be worried cos the car isn't smoking but I heard the engine is very expensive. I need professional advice here.

nurey:
The engine uses timing chain and bad oil or irregular late oil change affects the chain which causes pletora of problems.

The engine also experience oil shortage of not well maintained.

Take a qualified techy to help you check things B4 u buy.
Re: Advice Needed About Toyota Corolla 1999 A.k.a Small But Mighty. by nurey(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2021
Jimraz4:
Thanks do much Nurey.

I actually noticed that the engine oil was not gauge the first time I went to check the car. I asked the owner y is the engine oil not gauge. He said he uses 3litre of engine oil to service the car. That his mechanic said it's ok to use 3litre. Should I be worried cos the car isn't smoking but I heard the engine is very expensive. I need professional advice here.

You can either believe him or do your own inspection for oil leak which would be evident in engine bay area or if internal the exhaust would have black oil stain residue

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed About Toyota Corolla 1999 A.k.a Small But Mighty. by Jimraz4: 6:49am On Jul 21, 2021
Thanks will get a mechanic for inspection.
Re: Advice Needed About Toyota Corolla 1999 A.k.a Small But Mighty. by larrypourl(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
The car is good but notorious for shortening oil, even with that it's still a good one, just maintain it well and it'll serve you real good.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Matrix 2010 Model Less Than A Year Used Available / Toyota Fj Cruiser 2008 Model / Any Good Auto Electrician In Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.