Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ (358 Views)

See Mary Mother Of Jesus Mosque Also Called 'mariam Umm Eisa Masjid' / "Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / Lets Talk About The Electromagnetic Field Also Called Aura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by bingbagbo(m): 6:02am On Jul 18, 2021
1 Peter 1:10-11

[10] Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
[11]searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST WAS IN THE PROPHETS OF OLD

Job 33:4

The Spirit of God has made me,
And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 6:21am On Jul 18, 2021
bingbagbo:

[10] Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
[11]searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

You are very very wrong! undecided

1. Jesus Christ is the TRUTH of God and so the Spirit that belongs to Him is the Spirit of TRUTH, the first Helpet that those who belong to Him get. In John 8 vs 31 - 44, you are told that when you continually submit and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's TRUTH, you shall Know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall set you free.

2. The Spirit of God is the Spirt that belongs directly to God and He is the another Helper spoken of by Jesus Christ who will come in and live inside of those who continue to submit to and obey the TRUTH of God. In John 14 vs 20 - 25, Jesus Christ explains that it is inside of those who love Him and obey His commandments that He( Jesus Christ via Spirit of TRUTH) and the Father( God via Holy Spirit) will come and live inside of. undecided

Another important reason why the Spirit of Jesus Christ aka Spirit of TRUTH is not the Holy Spirit/Spirit of God is that the Spirit of God only lives inside of those who are already become Holy/Perfect, blameless in the sight of God. God is Holy and so His Spirit can only abide in that which is Holy. undecided

However, the Spirit of TRUTH works with even those who have sin in them to work their freedom from sin so they can be transformed into Sons of God by their obedience of the TRUTH - John 8 vs 31 - 44.

P.S Every attempt made to teach falsehood in the name of God is direct disobedience of the Word of God aka SIN. Jesus Christ warned of the causes that will follow those who commit such acts in His name. undecided
Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:53am On Jul 18, 2021
bingbagbo:

Correct

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 7:05am On Jul 18, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Correct
How can he be correct when even his interpretation of the verse is wrong. The verse does not allude to the Spirit of Jesus Christ being in the prophets. undecided
It instead states that the Prophets prophesied of the grace that was to come.. undecided
Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by AntiChristian: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2021
Wild interpretation tailored to their whims and caprices as usual.

Too much interpolation and extrapolation of biblical texts just to fit a particular narrative to make Jesus more divine...
Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by 10mobile: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can he be correct when even interpretation of the context of the verse is wrong. The verse does not allude to the Spirit of Jesus Christ being in the prophets. undecided
It instead states that the Prophets prophesied of the grace that was to come.. undecided
He is scripturally correct.

John 16:15, Jesus said, "all that the Father has is mine"

In John 10:30 he said, "I and my Father are one". This is SPIRITUAL oneness. In other words, they share ONE in SPIRIT. To use modern language, they share ONE ESSENCE. So, it's totally scriptural that the Spirit of the Christ = the Spirit of God as the op said.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by 10mobile: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2021
AntiChristian:
Wild interpretation tailored to their whims and caprices as usual.

Too much interpolation and extrapolation of biblical texts just to fit a particular narrative to make Jesus more divine...
You already don't believe in the Christ; do you? Your moniker gives you away. So, why are you talking about interpolation and extrapolation of scriptures as if you believe in the Christian scripture at all?

You are free to believe whatever you like. And, fairness demands that you allow other people to believe whatever they like too.

However, if you now accept the authority of the Christian scripture as you seem to, you can read my response to Kobojunkie above.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 8:43am On Jul 18, 2021
10mobile:

He is scripturally correct.

John 16:15, Jesus said, "all that the Father has is mine"

In John 10:30 he said, "I and my Father are one". This is SPIRITUAL oneness. In other words, they share ONE in SPIRIT. To use modern language, they share ONE ESSENCE. So, it's totally scriptural that the Spirit of the Christ = the Spirit of God as the op said.
He is not scriptural correct as you cannot pick at His Words but instead consider all of what Jesus Christ says as a whole. undecided

Also, you cannot add your own private interpretation to the words of Jesus Christ. undecided

The same Jesus Christ that said "I and the Father are one" , and "all that the Father has is mine" also said that He and the Father will come make our home inside of these who obey in John 14 vs 20 - 21 undecided

The same Jesus Christ indicated that there is more than one Helper for those who are Sons of God. undecided
The same Jesus Christ taught that the Truth will set those who submit to it free from bondage to sin in John 8 vs 33 - 44.

When you put it all together, you get a clearer picture of the teachings of Jesus Christ and clearly a better understanding of this oneness He has with His Father. It is clearly not to mean they share exactly one Spirit between them as you and the OP purport, and this we know to be true because Jesus Christ came to us fill of Life (Spirit of Life) and Truth(Spirit of Truth), both of which do not come with the Holiness Stipulation that follows God's own Spirit. undecided
Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:02am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can he be correct when even his interpretation of the verse is wrong. The verse does not allude to the Spirit of Jesus Christ being in the prophets. undecided

You don't believe in the Bible
Bye bye
Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by 10mobile: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He is not scriptural correct as you cannot pick at His Words but instead consider all of what Jesus Christ says as a whole. undecided

Also, you cannot add your own private interpretation to the words of Jesus Christ. undecided

The same Jesus Christ that said "I and the Father are one" , and "all that the Father has is mine" also said that He and the Father will come make our home inside of these who obey in John 14 vs 20 - 21 undecided

The same Jesus Christ indicated that there is more than one Helper for those who are Sons of God. undecided
The same Jesus Christ taught that the Truth will set those who submit to it free from bondage to sin in John 8 vs 33 - 44.

When you put it all together, you get a clearer picture of the teachings of Jesus Christ and clearly a better understanding of this oneness He has with His Father. It is clearly not to mean they share exactly one Spirit between them as you and the OP purport, and this we know to be true because Jesus Christ came to us fill of Life (Spirit of Life) and Truth(Spirit of Truth), both of which do not come with the Holiness Stipulation that follows God's own Spirit. undecided
Go ahead and believe what you like. As for me, I am firm in the belief that the Spirit of the Christ is the Spirit of God. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2021
10mobile:

Go ahead and believe what you like. As for me, I am firm in the belief that the Spirit of the Christ is the Spirit of God. Have a nice day.
So before the Spirit of God came upon Jesus Christ right after He was baptized in the Jordan, Jesus Christ had no other Spirit inside of Him? undecided

We are talking of one who was conceived of the Spirit of God full of LIFE and TRUTH from even when He was conceived. You claim He had no Spirit of His own before He was Baptized by the Spirit of God as an adult? undecided

You cannot bend the Word of God to suit your chosen narrative instead you have to submit to it as it is given to you by God, in this case, Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: The Spirit Of God Is Also Called The Spirit Of Christ by AntiChristian: 10:40am On Jul 18, 2021
10mobile:

You already don't believe in the Christ; do you? Your moniker gives you away. So, why are you talking about interpolation and extrapolation of scriptures as if you believe in the Christian scripture at all?

You are free to believe whatever you like. And, fairness demands that you allow other people to believe whatever they like too.

However, if you now accept the authority of the Christian scripture as you seem to, you can read my response to Kobojunkie above.

I still find kobojunkie more scriptural that most of you here. More twistings to the scripture, accusations and counter-accussations. Moreover, where's the holy spirit?

(1) (Reply)

She Wanted To Have S3x With My Friend To Cover Up After She Got Pregnant... / The Origin Of Territorial Gods/ Spirits / Christ Apostolic Church Sunday School - 31st October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.