Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Praising God Brings Favour - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praising God Brings Favour (463 Views)

8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians / Praising God / What Is The Importance Of Praising God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Praising God Brings Favour by judedwriter(m): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2021
This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.
— Isaiah 43:21

God created man primarily to praise Him constantly and consistently. When we continually show forth God's praise, we are fully fulfilling His major purpose for forming us.

This is why the best life one can live on earth is a lifestyle of praising God continually everyday.

We are majorly created to praise God; unfortunately most people find it difficult to praise God everyday as a lifestyle. A lot of people are preoccupied with their problems, hobbies, academics, jobs, spouses, businesses, etc. and leave little or no time to give praises to God.

For many Christians, they prefer to pray to God concerning their needs rather than praising Him, leaving Him to touch their needs.

Now prayer is good, the Bible says we should "pray without ceasing". (1 Thessalonians 5:17)

But the same chapter says we should
"rejoice evermore". (1 Thessalonians 5:16)

The simple fact is that God has a higher preference for praises than prayer. God is pleased when we seek Him daily with prayers, but the reality is that God is more pleased when we seek Him daily with praises.

Both praises and prayer go hand in hand. We can't substitute one for the other, but God prefers being praised than being prayed to. And God has a higher preference for those who praise Him more.

What majority of Christians don't know is that if we seek God more with praises than prayers, He will answer all our prayers more quickly than we expect. A praising church gets quicker answers than a praying church.

Many times on occasions, I have seen in my own life that when I ignore my needs and dedicate more extra time to praise God, my needs are met much faster and miraculously.

Why is this so?

God has a very deep need to be praised, much deeper than we can imagine. Why is this need so deep?

He is worthy and greatly to be praised beyond our widest thoughts and imaginations (Psalm 18:3, Psalm 145:3)

This is because He powerfully CREATED ALL THINGS by WORDS OF MOUTH (Psalms 33:6)

And He can't praise Himself.

This is why God surrounds Himself with uncounted, adoring, praising angels 24/7:

Luke 2
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

¹⁴ Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Ever wondered why Lucifer was once the most beautiful angel?

Ezekiel 28
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; EVERY PRECIOUS STONE was thy COVERING, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy TABRETS and of thy PIPES was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

¹⁴ Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

¹⁵ Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Lucifer, now the devil, was once the most beautifully decorated angel of God. He was the "anointed cherub that covereth" meaning that he had a superior role higher than most angels to God. He was much closer to God than most of the angels as he ushered all the praises of all created creatures directly to God's throne.

He was the praise and worship leader of heaven and was highly favoured of God. No other angel was created with such perfection and beauty like lucifer.

Unfortunately, pride crept into his heart and he coveted God's praises. To this day, many, many years after his fall, the devil stilll desires to be worshipped like God and sits on a mock throne like God in his kingdom.

What is the point here?

If you can praise God exceptionally more than many people, He will favour you most abundantly above most people. You will be His favourite among many, you will stand out among crowds.

Some people think success in life is ALL about struggling, sweating, hustling, etc. from morning to night. No, success in life is more about God's favour and blessings than labour (Proverbs 10:22)

Many times, the devil steals blessings from God's children (especially through their sexual immorality) and gives them to his children. This is why it seems the world seems most prosperous than the church. No, it's just through stolen blessings.

We are in the very last of the last days.

We need God's favour to fully fulfill our destinies and to fully finance the gospel for salvation of souls...

And continual praise (with our hearts filled with God's Word) is a major instrument in achieving this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Breaking Point Is Your Breakthrough Point. Until You Feel Like Giving Up.. / Here Again The Bible Is Wrong! / In The Light Of Truth: Strife In Nature.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.