Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ (1846 Views)

Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 / Abaribe: I Was Made To Swear An Oath By Orji Uzor Kalu’s Brother / APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by gaetano: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2021
The Minority leader of the Senate, Senator Enyinaya Abaribe has disclosed that most of his colleagues betrayed him after he spoke to them on electronic voting provision in the electoral act, saying the betrayal forced him to call for division, to expose them to the world.

A close ally of the minority leader spoke to Senate press corps members, giving details of how Abaribe lobbied but was betrayed.

Senator Sabi Abdullahi, representing Niger State, had sought for amendment to the clause 52(3), saying, “The commission may consider electronics collation of results provided the National Network Coverage is adjudged to be adequate and secured by the National Communication Commission and approved by the National Assembly. This means ceding some of the job of INEC to NCC and National Assembly itself.”

This was against the amendment sought by Senator Bassey Akpan, which was also the same as the recommendation by the INEC Committee that presented the report, saying the Commission may transmit results of elections by electronic means where and when practicable at its discretion.

During voice vote, the nays had it as the minority leader challenged the ruling by the President of the Senate, calling for order 73, which means division.

The order states that any senator may challenge the opinion of the President or the chairman’s ruling on a voice vote by claiming a division on any matter before the upper legislative chamber.

It was gathered that Abaribe had a special session with PDP senators on the electoral amendment bill, over the clauses, especially on electronic transmission of results, to stop the menace of election rigging in Nigeria.

“They all agreed to support the electronic transmission as he also lobbied most APC Senators, who saw reasons with him, for election accountability and the need to have free and fair election in Nigeria.

“Many agreed and gave him their word to support the use of electronic transmission of results when the clauses are deliberated upon on the floor.

“When Sen Kabiru Gaya got information that Sen Abaribe was flowing well with most senators, APC/PDP inclusive, and had gotten their support on electronic transmission of results, he quickly ran to the presidency to scuttle the plan.

“He activated Aso Rock connection on Senators. Secret financial promises were made to senators in PDP and APC. Some PDP senators were promised soft landing if they wish to decamp to APC, and that the non use of electronic transmission of results will make their election seamless/easy to win in future.

“To assure Senators of their promises, the cabals arranged an emergency dinner session with President Buhari at the villa where all 109 senators came face to face with Mr President. Cash were disbursed to those Senators willing to take in dollars. But they all kept denying.

“The Senate president was ready to do the bidding of the President’s cabals. So they agreed to a voice vote of ayes and nays, but that the nays should have it. Haven known the kind of person Senator Abaribe is, and fearing the worst, some Judas in PDP, decided to abscond.

“They were at the Villa to honour President Buhari’s emergency dinner session with Senators, but couldn’t attend the senate sitting on the most important day of our nation’s electoral history. Those APC Senators who gave Abaribe their words started acting strange after the dinner. So, when it got to the electronic transmission of results clause in the electoral amendment bill, as usual the Senate president called for those in support to say Aye, and those against to say Nay. And he was quick to say, the Nays have it, and it was obvious they have it. But Senator Abaribe wanted history to vindicate every one of them, and posterity to judge those who betrayed and robbed the nation of her only chance at having credible, free and fair elections.

“So, he called for a division of the Senate where everyone will vote YES or NO, according to their conscience, and the results will be made public for history to judge. He wanted to expose all those who voted against the people’s wish, and for the world to see those who betrayed by absenteeism.”

https://m.guardian.ng/politics/abaribe-i-invoked-order-73-to-expose-pdp-apc-senators/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by dlaw70(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2021
Abaribe,y are u supporting something u we're against in 2014 ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Tochi3(m): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2021
Really sad.

Sen Abaribe Chukwu gozie gi. Iseee

8 Likes

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by BeardedMeat(m): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2021
Posterity will remember Abaribe for good.
This is not a party affair, but a Nigerian problem. Unfortunately, Nigerians are patriotic to individuals and not the country and there's no end in sight!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by BeardedMeat(m): 11:27am On Jul 18, 2021
dlaw70:
Show proof, otherwise, take several seats backwards.

10 Likes

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Sammy07: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2021
dlaw70:

Let's see the proof

5 Likes

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Ayed44: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Dagah2: 11:31am On Jul 18, 2021
They want to perpetually remain in power... But not to worry, nature puts every man in check.

4 Likes

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by antarvasnastory: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2021
I'm confiding in a comparable best work from you later on moreover. reality your test causing cutoff points to have resuscitated me to start my own remarkable Antarvasna Story | Hindi Sex Story | Bhai Behan Sex Story | Desi Sex Story | Aunty Sex Story | Bhabhi Sex Story blog now. Amazingly the publishing content to a blog is spreading its wings rapidly. Your survey is a fine case.
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Validated: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2021
Ww need the list of all PDP senators who were absent on a crucial sessions as this. Time to strip them of political relevance.

3 Likes

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by gaetano: 11:34am On Jul 18, 2021
How they voted

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Penguin2: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2021
dlaw70:

The last Electoral Act amendment was in 2010.

How was Abaribe against Electronic transmission of results in 2014?

Is this how terrible facts are disoriented in your head?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by esnbrutality: 11:48am On Jul 18, 2021
That thing is an almajiri....they don think before they talk...they just open their mouth and vomit rubbish!

Penguin2:

The last Electoral Act amendment was in 2010.

How was Abaribe against Electronic transmission of results in 2014?

Is this how terrible facts are disoriented in your head?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by mrvitalis(m): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2021
It's time people stop saying APC and PDP are the same

Under PDP elections got better with each election tho it was slow but u can see there was an attempt to improve ...that even gave APC chance to win

Under APC election are getting worse after each election ...

APC and PDP are not the same ... APC is the worse form of PDP they are PDP of 1999 or even worse

4 Likes

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by NOC1(m): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2021
I said to someone that Stella Oduah defense is stupid and blatant lie, with what I read now I am happy to see that what I had in my mind was what played out.

I respect those that voted no than the likes of Oduah, Okorocha, Ekweremadu etc that absconded.

4 Likes

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
If they don't want free and fair elections why then do they subject is to many identity cards schemes in this country.....obj third term votes was made public, let them do this one public too!
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Ochuko24endy: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Shut up your mouth,he was never against electronic voting in 2014 fool.
Tochi3:
Really sad.

Sen Abaribe Chukwu gozie gi. Iseee
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by AK481(m): 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
IT can't be 100% secured .
But it can be sufficient to prove that it can be secured.just like your banking transaction.

From cyber security point,nothing online,or even offline is fully secured

Putting that clause sufficient and secured in the amendment means that,even in America, no state can get electronic transmission clearance.

Chai.let the best rigger wins .

This is like rain,the man that voted nay can be outrigged and he will cry rigging.

We will pull this out and laugh him
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
mrvitalis:

Under PDP elections got better with each election tho it was slow but u can see there was an attempt to improve ...that even gave APC chance to win

APC and PDP are not the same ... APC is the worse form of PDP they are PDP of 1999 or even worse

Very true.
That's why you see so many politicians defecting to APC.
They are the embodiment of all the evil we've been trying to run from since 1999 where Nigeria only favours those in the seat of power

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by seunowa(f): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
Where is oduah , okorocha, and others? They all absconded grin grin grin
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by sammy329(m): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
mrvitalis:

Why are you lying like this, peaceful elections under PDP (how old are you sef).

Under PDP they will be declaring election results on TV when voting is still going on undecided undecided
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by mrvitalis(m): 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
sammy329:
Why are you lying like this, peaceful elections under PDP (how old are you sef).

Under PDP they will be declaring election results on TV when voting is still going on undecided undecided
2011 election was a big improvement compared to 2007
2015 was a big improvement compared to 2011

Can u say 2019 was an improvement compared to 2015 ? Can u say that ?

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Donaluta(m): 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
sammy329:

Search your conscience and tell the world the truth... Old man..
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by poiZon: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Posterity will remember Abaribe for good.
This is not a party affair, but a Nigerian problem. Unfortunately, Nigerians are patriotic to individuals and not the country and there's no end in sight!
This is the humble truth... Nigerians are patriotic to individuals and not the country.
They use constitution to confuse those who r not enlighten..
Like am still asking myself why r people still making excuses for buhari considering the level of insecurity, hardship, pains we r going thru in the country? Which kind jazz ApC use on Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by poiZon: 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
For the first time in history of the world beans cost pass rice.
It hasnever happen before...
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Buckeyemedia1: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
dlaw70:
He is a Hypocrite, Useless Billy Goat Nigerian Senator, but I thought he was Biafran, so what is he doing in the Nigerian House of Assembly?

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Buckeyemedia1: 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
poiZon:

This is the humble truth... Nigerians are patriotic to individuals and not the country.
They use constitution to confuse those who r not enlighten..
Like am still asking myself why r people still making excuses for buhari considering the level of insecurity, hardship, pains we r going thru in the country? Which kind jazz ApC use on Nigerians?
Stop deceiving yourself, what is the difference between APC & pdp?
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Racoon(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
Senator Abaribe-histroy will forever remember you. Those who you think betrayed the noble cause have a date with karma.
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by poiZon: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Stop deceiving yourself, what is the difference between APC & pdp?
If u don't know the difference after the last6yrs, then u deserve a refund...
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by SaiOsinbajo: 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
[quote author=mrvitalis post=103835460]
2011 election was a big improvement compared to 2007
2015 was a big improvement compared to 2011

Can u say 2019 was an improvement compared to 2015 ? Can u say that ? [/quotel]

Abeg let's stop this issues of election improvement... Have there been any improvement on the process or improved act of corruption. No election can better the supposed Abiola election. 2015 was a matter of who rigs the best and 2019 same thing. Even to local government election, it's always shambolic. As much as we all want transperacy and improvement, we must consider the necessary factors that can make it work. Whatever is being asked of today by the opposition sin actors were not considered when they were in the majority. One reason I still find it difficult to buy into politics by party because the masses aren't considered. Do you think aberibe will win his elections if it had been electronic?
Re: Abaribe: ‘I Invoked Order 73 To Expose PDP, APC Senators’ by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
He is a Hypocrite, Useless Billy Goat Nigerian Senator, but I thought he was Biafran, so what is he doing in the Nigerian House of Assembly?
LOL...Calm mbok.
Please which one be Nigerian House of Assembly?

Bigotry and hate can make us loose our sense of reasoning because we are quick to judge, criticising without thinking.

Next time, stop being quick to type.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposing Nnamdi kanu The Fraudster / President Of Benin Did Not Allow Me Sleep With My Wife In Detention - Igboho / Dapo Abiodun Spent Weekend With Asiwaju Bola Hamed Tinubu (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.