Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 (18231 Views)

Senator Abaribe I Hope U Are Now Fulfilled With The Death Of Akunyeli / Abaribe: I Was Made To Swear An Oath By Orji Uzor Kalu’s Brother / Adamu Atiku-Abubakar: My Father Will Contest For Presidency In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Metrix147: 7:32am On Dec 26, 2021
Minority Leader of the Senate and Senator representing Abia South Senatorial District, Enyinnaya Abaribe, on Saturday evening confirmed through his aide his intention to run for the governorship in 2023.

Reliable sources had told  ABN TV that Abaribe informed Abia State Governor Okezie Ikpeazu about his ambition.

It was when he visited Ikpeazu along with his supporters and leaders of thought on Christmas Day.

Abaribe’s special assistant on media, Uche Awom, confirmed the development in a telephone chat with our correspondent.

According to him, Abaribe made his intention to contest the gubernatorial race known to Governor Ikpeazu at the Abia Government House in Umuahia during the visit.
Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/12/i-will-contest-abia-governorship-election-in-2023-senator-abaribe-confirms/

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by jazon(m): 7:33am On Dec 26, 2021
Long overdue.

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by caesymore(m): 7:37am On Dec 26, 2021
Ndi ala ndi ala, After how many years as a Senator and even deputy governor of same state, this Man can only boast of donation of old rackety transformers which streets still spend huge amount to secure. I must confess the whole problems Naizooria is passing through is currently what Abia is passing through Being a Naizoorian and also residing in Abia is just a dilemma you are bleeped either way you turn to Selah.
angry
[color=#006600]
My Abia state my Abia state this one na Tinubu of Abia state
[/color]

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Amotolongbo(f): 7:37am On Dec 26, 2021
This will be the best time to test IPOB loyalty, if he is contesting.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 26, 2021
T
Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by neoclassical: 7:37am On Dec 26, 2021
K
Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Bleiz(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2021
Let's see how it goes.

That will now make way for the failure of a governor to go to the Senate.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Samxcollections: 7:39am On Dec 26, 2021
If you don't gerrit
Then
Forget abourrit

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 26, 2021
So this is the endgame? cheesy Abaribe the wise man

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Pravedk: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2021
Abia have been unfortunate with governors

9 Likes

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Anyahuruagu: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2021
Anyone that can make Abia people witness development i support.

ABIANS ARE TIRED MEHN.!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by BigSarah(f): 7:43am On Dec 26, 2021
So that's what it was all along, Too bad shocked

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by omenkaLives(m): 7:44am On Dec 26, 2021
He is not for biafra anymore? Imagine the innocent youths this guy misled into dying for a course which he himself doesn't even seem to believe in!!

Kai. I hope this mass ignorance isnt taken into 2022. cry

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by omenkaLives(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2021
BigSarah:
It is yet to be seen whether or not they'd understand this.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by AkalaJ: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2021
BigSarah:

What were you expecting from a typical politician? Even the ipob agitation he was using to shine is a political agitation.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Ebubu: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2021
Amotolongbo:
This will be the best time to test IPOB loyalty, if he is contesting.
this was Abaribe end game from the onset. Dancing to the tunes of IPOB and commiserating with them in order to win their brotherhood support in his 2023 Guber conquest.

IPOB has millions of followership in Abia state.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Northernblood(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Better to have Abaribe in that sit than Chinedu Orji

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Advocate500: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2021
omenkaLives:
is a Nigerian thing, the gullible are misled by the insatiable politicians, just as your type who believe Tinubu is the best for your generation.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by blamingthedevil: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2021
What is the meaning of Abaribe ?

This IPOB Chief Priest has abandoned Biafra for the spoils in the Zoo.

If any sane person wants Biafra, it is very simple:
Relocate to your region, Develop and invest in there.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Guyman02: 8:16am On Dec 26, 2021
He is from the same zone with Ikpeazu and there's an unwritten zoning formula in Abia just like we witnessed in Anambra and Delta States

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by slivertongue: 8:20am On Dec 26, 2021
I wish him well, hope he doesn't lose
Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by kettykings: 8:29am On Dec 26, 2021
He will loose but if he is coming to kill godfatherism in abịa State and remove Abia from the shackles of TA Orji and his son , then he will get an over victory.

4 Likes

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Homeboiy: 8:34am On Dec 26, 2021
You wan go help finish Abia kpatakpata

3 Likes

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by JaroMan: 8:42am On Dec 26, 2021
omenkaLives:
Is there anything wrong with that? The South East is in need of leaders who have seen it all. Imagine a region without a governor With national reckoning.
Didn't you see Peter Obi, Rochas were governors, the made headlines when APC was formed. Currently, no governor is in that mould except maybe Umahi.
So if Soludo holds sway in Anambra, Ekweremadu coming through Enugu and Abaribe in Abia, then they are good to go.
You can say what you want to say, but it's best option for South East.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Tochi3(m): 8:45am On Dec 26, 2021
Lots of pains for zombies on this thread.

The gnashing of teeth and lamentations is all because:

Abaribe will never be another Okorocha , Ikpeazu, Umahi and uzodinma while he is governor, loolking away while the fulani terrorist Army and Daura secret service destroy Southeast.

Abaribe will protect Ndigbo interest in Abia State not like ikpeazu who is always silent when the fulani terrorist Army and their dss counterparts invades southeast

Soludo is well in Anambra. I hope Abaribe contest though.

I want that other southeastern states come up with "Ipob"governorship candidates who are hated by the fulani and zombies but loved by Ndigbo.

Probably "Ipob" governors will all take over the State Government Houses and make zombies and igbo haters gnash and lament till the end of their miserable lives.

I prefer a leader who ask questions like::

"why are there many military road blocks along the southeastern roads thaan any other road in nigeria?

than

" where are the cows"?

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by vedaxcool(m): 8:45am On Dec 26, 2021
Abia is besieged by demons. This is why Onye iDiOT bailed cownu to curry favour from Onye BeerCannibals... At the end tulumbu will be blamed for all this.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by vanbonattel: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2021
You will win Sir.

You have proven to us that you have our interest at heart. Best senator in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by donleo92(m): 8:51am On Dec 26, 2021
na lie oooh!!! we in abia state don't want him.. what has he done since he has been in the senate.? its all about Biafra nonsense. abeg we need leaders that would build aba not not old men that would start playing blame games. see old man go and sit down

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by JaroMan: 8:59am On Dec 26, 2021
I wish it will happen but I'm not seeing it. Reason is zoning in Abia will see another governor coming from Abriba axis.
Abaribe and the current governor are from the same area. So it looks so difficult.
However, this is the best bet for PDP and South East.
We lack men in South East. I remember in 1999, the senators we sent to Abuja were so versed and bold, that during midterm report, Prof Osunbor of Edo state came 1st while Okadigbo and Mike Ajegbo (both from Anambra) came 2nd and 3rd. Today, I don't know South East senators except Abaribe.
I'm governors, we had governors in Ngige, Peter Obi, Rochas, Sullivan, Sam Egwu, Orji Kanu, Nnamani but played national politics even while being governors.
I can't see these bunch muster those clout. Imagine Fayemi, Yahaya Bello, Wike, Okowa playing national politics and just Umahi is speaking in the East. This is shameful.
I hope Abaribe succeeds, I'm also campaigning for Ekweremadu and it's gaining momentum. In Anambra, Soludo is already there. While praying for Ihedioha in Imo state and hopefully, Ebonyi state bring their first 11.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by contigiency(m): 9:04am On Dec 26, 2021
IPOB patron, after being a deputy governor since 1999, you have been in the National Assembly for several years without any meaningful development to those you are representing, now you want to be governor. So Abia state is short of good leaders to this extent?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by Sunday2021: 9:10am On Dec 26, 2021
No wonder! This man is a snake, he pretend to be working for Biafra , while actually he was planning to be governor of Nigeria. Now I know that ipob are senseless, they are illiterates, they have no brain to see the future. This man is going to fly a Nigerian flag, this man is going to swear to the Constitution of Nigeria, this man will order the killing of hundreds of ipob just the way Peter obi did in Anambara.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abaribe: I Will Contest Abia Governorship Election In 2023 by helinues: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2021
grin cheesy

Same Abaribe with no tangible projects to point out to even having being in senate for over a decade.

Na who Abia people offended gan gan

Ndi Ipob, what yah say

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Nnamdi Kanu’s Fundamental Rights Suit Against DSS / Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) / Stella E. Nkoro PDP Declared Winner Of The Ikom II State Constitiency, C. River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.