Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) (1230 Views)

Bankers Committee Disburses N26 Billion AGSMEIS Funds For Agrobusiness / How A Female Ex-corper Got Her Self A Duplex With Agrobusiness / Help A Corps Member To Start Agrobusiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
Starting an agro commodity business is an action thousands of people look forward to someday taking.

They are highly motivated to go to this Industry due to several reasons which includes: seeing one or two persons that are doing well in this business etc.

While just as any other business, agriculture can be profitable, most people who venture into it or intend to, make little or no research on what to expect in the industry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
They believe starting an agribusiness will make them millionaires or highly successful entrepreneurs in the shortest possible time, and so, are not sensitive enough to make deep researches into what challenges, opportunities, and disappointments a lot of existing farmers already face.

They simply follow the trend, start up what a person they know is already doing, and within two years, shutdown the business to do something else.

Cc: Seun
lalasticlala
dominique
Mynd44

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
On buying and storing, this is the process where agricultural commodities are being bought at a low price either from the wholesalers or directly from the farmers then this product is being stored and sold when the sample this is no longer in season or in the market and that time the price increases sporadically. During the harvest, It is very obvious because all farm produce is available and is in excess but later on it becomes scarce.

So many times I've been asked what are the things to expect in this business, majority are only focused on the profit factor, though it's important but that shouldn't be the only consideration.

1 Research
All you have to do is follow a step by step process in starting the business and ensure its smooth functioning. The first step is to do research (market survey),
You must find out where can you buy the agricultural products at a wholesale rate..
it might interest you to know that I'm an Agro merchant who deals and supplys goods Worldwide.

2. Technical Know-How:
This is perhaps the most important thing to know when starting a business. A lack of the right technical know-how could lead to a major loss of your investments.

3. Identifying The Products And Target Groups
The second step is to decide which agricultural products you want to sell and whom to sell to.

Stocking products according to your target or focus groups increase the likelihood of maximum sales.

4. Identifying Potential Risks:
You need to consider the possibility of environmental hazards and threats like insects, weevils.
The potential risks involved in any agribusiness must be carefully analyzed, and crucial steps must be taken to mitigate against them.

5. Available Market:
While certain farm products may excite you to venture into their growth, there may be little to no market demand for it in your community.
for example, you can't go and buy garri to sell in your location, whereas your location is in need of Sorghum and Millet.

Before you venture into agro business, it is important you explore the available market, determine its size, examine its potential for scale.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
So many times people have asked me what they need to know as regards to venturing into agro business. I believe I did justice to your Questions.

Below are few questions you need to ask yourself

Why am I going to start this Agriculture Business?

Who will be the Customers who buy?

Where will i sell this Products?

These are the Most Important things to know before starting an agriculture Business.

So make a Good Plan

Cc: Seun lalasticlala mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by ifytrik(m): 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
maureensylvia:
So many times people have asked me what they need to know as regards to venturing into agro business. I believe I did justice to your Questions.

Below are few questions you need to ask yourself

Why am I going to start this Agriculture Business?

Who will be the Customers who buy?

Where will i sell this Products?

These are the Most Important things to know before starting an agriculture Business.

So make a Good Plan

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by Mide3367: 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
Following
Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by BestRicePlug28(f): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
Are you in Abuja, and you have up to 500000 to invest in rice business with up to 5-10% returns monthly depends on the sales.. Let's meet and discuss properly with your lawyers and mine. I mean business. Drop your email.
Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
BestRicePlug28:
Are you in Abuja, and you have up to 500000 to invest in rice business with up to 5-10% returns monthly depends on the sales.. Let's meet and discuss properly with your lawyers and mine. I mean business. Drop your email.

You're derailing sir

1 Like

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by Zico777(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
I am following dearie!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
BestRicePlug28:
I can give you 5% daily of that amount contact me if you're ready you can come with a lawyer
Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by MrkingsC: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
Please i dont have any idea of agro business like where to buy,where to sale, minimum amount suitable to start with and possible gain of the start up capital. Also how long it will take to supplt to tye buyers and make returns. I need help or an explanation on this. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by Konquest: 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
maureensylvia:
On buying and storing, this is the process where agricultural commodities are being bought at a low price either from the wholesalers or directly from the farmers then this product is being stored and sold when the sample this is no longer in season or in the market and that time the price increases sporadically. During the harvest, It is very obvious because all farm produce is available and is in excess but later on it becomes scarce.

So many times I've been asked what are the things to expect in this business, majority are only focused on the profit factor, though it's important but that shouldn't be the only consideration.

1 Research
All you have to do is follow a step by step process in starting the business and ensure its smooth functioning. The first step is to do research (market survey),
You must find out where can you buy the agricultural products at a wholesale rate..
it might interest you to know that I'm an Agro merchant who deals and supplys goods Worldwide.

2. Technical Know-How:
This is perhaps the most important thing to know when starting a business. A lack of the right technical know-how could lead to a major loss of your investments.

3. Identifying The Products And Target Groups
The second step is to decide which agricultural products you want to sell and whom to sell to.

Stocking products according to your target or focus groups increase the likelihood of maximum sales.

4. Identifying Potential Risks:
You need to consider the possibility of environmental hazards and threats like insects, weevils.
The potential risks involved in any agribusiness must be carefully analyzed, and crucial steps must be taken to mitigate against them.

5. Available Market:
While certain farm products may excite you to venture into their growth, there may be little to no market demand for it in your community.
for example, you can't go and buy garri to sell in your location, whereas your location is in need of Sorghum and Millet.

Before you venture into agro business, it is important you explore the available market, determine its size, examine its potential for scale.
Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by BestRicePlug28(f): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Aloysius10:
I can give you 5% daily of that amount contact me if you're ready you can come with a lawyer

Aloysius, what I do is a physical business. And the product I have clearly stated here which is rice. What do u do? Counter my post with facts pls
Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
MrkingsC:
Please i dont have any idea of agro business like where to buy,where to sale, minimum amount suitable to start with and possible gain of the start up capital. Also how long it will take to supplt to tye buyers and make returns. I need help or an explanation on this. Thanks

My number is on my signature
Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
*Business is not for everyone*

entrepreneurship is risk, we all have our share of breakfast grin sometimes we feel like giving up but what keep us in business is the zeal and passion.

Most entrepreneur only share there wins and keep there struggles offline because what most people care to know is the positive results.

1 Like

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
You see, there are some days you will be happy because of good patronage turn up and there are some days you will be down cos of no or low sales patronage.

What about logistics (delivery) heart attack cheesy story for another day.

The heartbreak of spending money on Facebook/Instagram Ads nko angrywhen some people will show interest and after ma/sir customer's relation etiquettes,they will tell you *I will get back to you*

1 Like

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2021
But in all, people like us have strong head grin and we are not ready to give up cos we are here to stay and build an empire.

To be an entrepreneur is not for the faint hearted.

Cheers smiley

2 Likes

Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by saintmm(m): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2021
maureensylvia:
But in all, people like us have strong head grin and we are not ready to give up cos we are here to stay and build an empire.

To be an entrepreneur is not for the faint hearted.

Cheers smiley
Please, where is your location?
Re: AGROBUSINESS STARTUP( Tips You Need To Know Before Starting) by maureensylvia(f): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2021
saintmm:

Please, where is your location?

Kano state

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Foreign Mobile Banking Apps Reject NIN? / Investment In Oil Block / Problem With Graphcard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.